1. Prot Warrior PVE Question about Devastate Threat

Hello, I wanted to see if anyone could help clarify if Devastate adds the threat from its Sunder Effect to its Damage Effect. Because in https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Threat, it says that it does not, under the 'Threat Tables Per Class' Section. Hopefully Jendah. Or an experience Prot Warrior could Clarify this.

2. I couldn't understand your question correctly. But you ask if devastate adds to the threat because ti does damage? Yes it does. Devastate does damage, thus creating the aggro for you. Try to tank bosses without using devastate or rouge using expose armor (preventing you from applying sundern) and you will see how quickly you start to lose aggro.

In dungeons, you can tank without it of course but in raids its nearly impossible.

3. Hello, I wanted to see if anyone could help clarify if Devastate adds the threat from its Sunder Effect to its Damage Effect. Because in https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Threat, it says that it does not, under the 'Threat Tables Per Class' Section. Hopefully Jendah. Or an experience Prot Warrior could Clarify this.
    It's does. The value on tables is only threat modifier without any hit. spells by spells
    For devastate it's said don't apply sunder amor because as said above no hit.

threat of devastate = damage + sunder amor (345 + 5,0% of AP). **

This is why it's important for pwar to apply and do sunder armor with devastate. War dps made me crazy when they use and spam sunder armor.

**p.s: it's a bit more complicate than that due to threat multiplier of def stance, rage gain,.....
    Edited: February 13, 2022

4. I couldn't understand your question correctly. But you ask if devastate adds to the threat because ti does damage? Yes it does. Devastate does damage, thus creating the aggro for you. Try to tank bosses without using devastate or rouge using expose armor (preventing you from applying sundern) and you will see how quickly you start to lose aggro.

In dungeons, you can tank without it of course but in raids its nearly impossible.
    Hey, thanks for the input. But I was talking about Devastate's Threat Calculation. Not its Rotational Usage.

5. It's does. The value on tables is only threat modifier without any hit. spells by spells
    For devastate it's said don't apply sunder amor because as said above no hit.

threat of devastate = damage + sunder amor (345 + 5,0% of AP). **

This is why it's important for pwar to apply and do sunder armor with devastate. War dps made me crazy when they use and spam sunder armor.

**p.s: it's a bit more complicate than that due to threat multiplier of def stance, rage gain,.....
    Have you tested if Devastate has Sunder Threat as well? I know of the Threat Formula of Devastate's Damage Portion as well as Sunder Armor by itself.
    Defensive Stance Modifier isn't all that complicated either. You take the Threat Formula of each Given Ability & Times 2.0735.

But I do not have clarifications of Sunder Armor & Devastate's Damage Portion working together in one GCD, which is the point of my question.

6. Have you tested if Devastate has Sunder Threat as well? I know of the Threat Formula of Devastate's Damage Portion as well as Sunder Armor by itself.
    Defensive Stance Modifier isn't all that complicated either. You take the Threat Formula of each Given Ability & Times 2.0735.

But I do not have clarifications of Sunder Armor & Devastate's Damage Portion working together in one GCD, which is the point of my question.

There is 1.5 s GCD on devastate (https://wotlkdb.com/?spell=47498) . You can spam it as much as you want until you have rage. It's the same for sunder armor spells . The effect itself apply by devastate have a duration of 30 s on target and 0 CDG (https://wotlkdb.com/?spell=48893).

Sorry to said that but no it's not simple to calculate exactly threat. At best you can do estimation because there are still some unknown stuff due to you touch mecanic of game. Blizzard are not really fan to show their formula for everthing. (If it's was the case all private server can be perfectly blizzlike). It's why you it's calll THEORYcraft. It's made by fan who try to extrapolate as much as they can.

The data you find is raw data for spells without taking care of talents, procs, buff, race, rage gain, weapon speed, the diff between normal hit crit hit blank hit..... The way of all of it's mix together is unknown (it's the blizzard cola formula). Where and when exactly you put multiplier exactly is unknown. Even some multiplier are still unknown.

And if you ask why addon like Omen can do it. If you open source code of this kind of addon. You 'll find 0 formula. It's works because this soft call a particular blizzard librairy where everything is. But you can't have acces to this file.
    Edited: February 14, 2022

7. There is 1.5 s GCD on devastate (https://wotlkdb.com/?spell=47498) . You can spam it as much as you want until you have rage. It's the same for sunder armor spells . The effect itself apply by devastate have a duration of 30 s on target and 0 CDG (https://wotlkdb.com/?spell=48893).

Sorry to said that but no it's not simple to calculate exactly threat. At best you can do estimation because there are still some unknown stuff due to you touch mecanic of game. Blizzard are not really fan to show their formula for everthing. (If it's was the case all private server can be perfectly blizzlike). It's why you it's calll THEORYcraft. It's made by fan who try to extrapolate as much as they can.

The data you find is raw data for spells without taking care of talents, procs, buff, race, rage gain, weapon speed, the diff between normal hit crit hit blank hit..... The way of all of it's mix together is unknown (it's the blizzard cola formula). Where and when exactly you put multiplier exactly is unknown. Even some multiplier are still unknown.

And if you ask why addon like Omen can do it. If you open source code of this kind of addon. You 'll find 0 formula. It's works because this soft call a particular blizzard librairy where everything is. But you can't have acces to this file.
    Alright thanks again for your input :).