1. Wotlk Classic - Warmane's future

Was wondering right now, what do you think will happen to Warmane once Blizzard releases Wotlk Classic ? Is it doomed to disappear like other old expansion-related private servers ?

2. I doubt it will even make a dent on icecrown's population. I remember in those vanilla servers the vibe was "we are here preparing for when classic launches". I haven't seen that vibe in icecrown.

3. You assume people will jump to WotLK "classic" as if it's a F2P game. It isn't, and it's subscription model on top of it. Then there's Blizzard itself with its *****ic management and well deserved **** reputation it has as a company and work environment.

I used to be hyped for possible WotLK "classic", but..

Warmane is F2P, requires 0 money from you to play. Making multiple accounts won't cost you anything.

Numbers might drop a bit, but I doubt it will stay that way for long.

More curious to see if the new client could be useful for private servers.. *stares at 32 bit client that's old and dated*

4. There will be a minor population reduction without nobody even noticing it ingame, for the initial hype. Then everything back to normal after 2 months.

Because blizzard is ****, they manage to screw up vanilla and tbc classic, and they will do the same to wotlk.

Looking forward for a nice new client as mentioned, and maybe some blizzlike change in terms of quality of life (like a human nerf, for example).
    I wonder if Warmane would adopt these changes as well if they will occur.

5. Most classic players are there for the PvE content and the wotlk pve content is weak outside of ulduar and icecrown which you'd have to patiently wait for. A lot of them would've already cleared Naxx on vanilla as well. So I wouldn't expect as much interest let alone paying 15 a month for it.

6. maybe some blizzlike change in terms of quality of life (like a human nerf, for example).
    another clueless and hopeless take, as always. EMFH will remain as it was, as it is, as it will always be. Go play shadowlands, rat

7. dude its not that deep lol, we're all just having a conversation.

8. i think the only thing that would prevent warmane from dying is the fact that warmane is free and blizzard is not , but if that was to change and blizzard removed the sub requirement from wotlk classic and made it completely free to play then warmane would take a very painfull hit but until that happens i think many will stay in warmane but those will be mainly the f2p players meaning players who don't even donate to warmane , i don't know how the whole is gonna turn out to be but we will see

9. another clueless and hopeless take, as always. EMFH will remain as it was, as it is, as it will always be. Go play shadowlands, rat
    Jesus, some virgin got really mad, lul

10. Most people will stay because they can donate for items here.

11. WotLK private servers existed during WotLK retail. What can another WotLK retail change?

12. WotLK private servers existed during WotLK retail. What can another WotLK retail change?
    Yeah,let's not get into the quality of those servers back then,when even vanilla servers were dog****.

Not everyone wants to deal with the constant breaking of things and then waiting for bugfixes etc.

Just cause you can eat from a garbage can for free it doesn't mean it's anywhere near the quality when it was served in the restaurant next to the garbage cans.

13. Yeah,let's not get into the quality of those servers back then,when even vanilla servers were dog****.

Not everyone wants to deal with the constant breaking of things and then waiting for bugfixes etc.

Just cause you can eat from a garbage can for free it doesn't mean it's anywhere near the quality when it was served in the restaurant next to the garbage cans.
    Not sure if this statement stands up for or against private servers because this only shows that a lot of people prefer even a fully bugged trashhole to stably working servers if it's free.

I believe that private WotLK servers will more likely start working with new WotLK Classic game client than will be shut down due a lack of players.

123 Last