1. wotlk classic and warmane legality

Once blizzard release wotlk classic , Warmane can be in front of mire for legal actions and it's closing?

What do i mean? right now, and i don't know how Warmane is using a game who it's not the owner, see all of that servers that got shutdown during the years,

Maybe right now there's some legal void as it's a old version of the game, but what will happen when the original owner aka blizzard release the wotlk classic wich is the same game ?
    in my opinion there's a big probability that blizzard can take legal acttions claiming warmane is harming their business using a copyrighted game wich don't own.

can someone think about it?

2. It's always been illegal, but I wonder what blizzard will do. My guess is absolutely nothing.

3. Blizzard can't do anything to Warmane even if they wanted to.

4. Blizzard can't do anything to Warmane even if they wanted to.
    why they can't? if they haven't shut down the server is because they don't bother, or maybe because it's a old version of the game that they don't use it anymore.
    but now that there's gonna be a same version of the game?
    who knows, warmane is illegal and making money from a blizzard sowftware, if blizzards wants to shut down warmane they will

5. why they can't? if they haven't shut down the server is because they don't bother, or maybe because it's a old version of the game that they don't use it anymore.
    but now that there's gonna be a same version of the game?
    who knows, warmane is illegal and making money from a blizzard sowftware, if blizzards wants to shut down warmane they will
    They can't because of different law suits. This is Europe and they are from America.

6. Some people are under the assumption that Blizzard hasn't taken notice of and/or tried to shut down Warmane before. They have tried. Many times.
    You have nothing to worry about in regards to legality. Population is more of a concern in the wake of WotLK classic. It may diminish, or it may remain unchanged. Nobody really knows.

7. Some people are under the assumption that Blizzard hasn't taken notice of and/or tried to shut down Warmane before. They have tried. Many times.
    If that's the case, then props to warmane and warmane's staff for sticking around for so long.

8. If that's the case, then props to warmane and warmane's staff for sticking around for so long.
    Thank law loopholes and countries that let them exist.

9. Thank law loopholes and countries that let them exist.
    True. I don't disagree with you, but I still find it quite interesting that warmane managed to deal with the pressure for so long. Nostalrius wasn't that fortunate.

10. Nostalrius wasn't that fortunate.
    Nostalrius was ruined. Their "no shop" model was as sustainable as break dancing on a pool of jello. Even the characters they built with GM commands and put up for sale pretending to come from players weren't enough. They just used Blizzard as an excuse to pretend to "come out on top," without having to admit they failed.

11. True. I don't disagree with you, but I still find it quite interesting that warmane managed to deal with the pressure for so long. Nostalrius wasn't that fortunate.
    It all comes down to business model mate. atleast that's what i understand. did they have item shop ? dont think so. character sales. sure. but how much did that do ?
    a SM is a straight up 150Euro. and of the warrs / pala / dks i know. atleast 80% of them have bought them. this is neglecting people who donate just to donate. If there is no profit in the business. love for the game / expansion will only take a server so far.

12. With donations being down for the last 2 weeks...it doesn't look great.

13. With donations being down for the last 2 weeks...it doesn't look great.
    Funny. The 1st page's 1st post is "1 week ago". I guess time flies differently for us all after all.

14. The donation feature is available again. I'm going to close this necro. Thanks for your time.