1. WHY PvE??? Where's this "popular demand?" Please do a poll... The neckbeards complaining on the forums aren't the majority... Had my entire guild ready to play until we read that...

2. Neck beards are those who want to gank.

You toggle the PvP mode and you can WPvP all you want.

Truth is there are more people who don’t want WPvP than those who do.

3. Making racial choice optional would be equal to making dual talents available, at least in PvP areas, like BG-s, arenas and so on. Every man for himself is just too good to pass on in most cases. The way Warmane does it is something i think most of us would not care about. Certain perks would be available with each race while others wouldn't be, but having a trinket with human extra is just ****ing stupid and it always has been.

4. I would like to suggest adding "Champion of Naaru" and "Hand of A'dal" Titles quests with right ID's, those quests already exist in game but with wotlk ID's, would make even more sense to do TBC raids/dungeons, and overall would make more pleasing experience for people doing them not just for gear that will be replaced in next tier, but for something more valuable that will stay forever.

5. WHY PvE??? Where's this "popular demand?" Please do a poll... The neckbeards complaining on the forums aren't the majority... Had my entire guild ready to play until we read that...
    I have put a few comments to this elsewhere, I am seeing some of the stuff I post disappear shortly after I post it....which concerns me, but I am going to remain optimistic about its just maybe a bad forum, and not what I am putting has been being deleted.

I am definately in the popular demand portion, in the sense of, I came here as a new player, only reason I stopped here was because of the PvE aspect, and quote frankly before I get too invested in staying want to know that there is som eplan to keep it this way.

I like WoW PvP. Only game I actually enjoyed it in. Wintergrasp was always fun, win or lose, I like arena and battlegrounds. I am fine with open world areas that flag you for pvp when you are in those easily noticeable areas.

I do not like leveling a toon and dealing with ganking from higher levels, I do not like being max level in high end gear, and having to deal with a PvP fight while doing quests. It's not fun for me. At all, to deal with it. To the point I will just play something else. What I do want, is to be able to play this game, this expansion, the way this is, and know that if I want to keep this character next year it won't be in some Open PvP cesspool where I am constantly having to deal with aholes needing to validate themselves by killing me when I am doing argent dailies drinking coffee during a weekend morning wake and bake.

Seriously, I can't be alone in this.

6. I have put a few comments to this elsewhere, I am seeing some of the stuff I post disappear shortly after I post it....which concerns me, but I am going to remain optimistic about its just maybe a bad forum, and not what I am putting has been being deleted.
    They were being deleted because in one case you got your reply, which is as accurate as it can be right now, but continued to act passive-aggressive to other users due to their replies and talk like the answer you received wasn't enough - the deletion and locking of the thread should be a hint that it should be enough - and in another case you went hijacking an unrelated thread because someone in the Staff had replied in it.

7. They were being deleted because in one case you got your reply, which is as accurate as it can be right now, but continued to act passive-aggressive to other users due to their replies and talk like the answer you received wasn't enough - the deletion and locking of the thread should be a hint that it should be enough - and in another case you went hijacking an unrelated thread because someone in the Staff had replied in it.
    cool got it, I'm out

Enjoy it everyone, this is not going to be my bag

8. Encourage people to tank/heal in RDF, IDK maybe give them extra emblems or a bag with some potentially good rewards. I think they did something like that on retail.
    Right now there are so many people online but so few healers and tanks. It's a lot of extra effort for basically no reward, insta que pop is nice but that's about it, lol. And then we're the ones doing all the heavy lifting when DPS often afk and slack like no wonder nobody wants to tank/heal :/
    Edited: April 29, 2022

9. Balancing Hardcore and Casual Guilds

TL;DR - Have an opt-in method for the currently scaled difficulty when you enter the main raids for the patch (i.e. excluding Timewalking/Mythics). You're only eligible for achievements if you do raids on upscaled content, but loot level remains equal between them. Casuals can experience the fights and stories of raids (as well as progress), while Hardcore raiders can flex with titles and achievements they earn.

Hi All,

Firstly I want to give a big thanks to the Warmane team for their hard work on this project. These rotating seasons are a lot of work, but they are by far my favorite part of the Warmane experience so far. I think the Timewalking was a great addition, and I'm excited to try the new Mythics. Additionally, the cross-queues for dungeons was an absolutely amazing addition. Faster queues, and a bigger effective server pop. Playing as Ally this season felt much better, even when the Ally server pop tanked after the first week.

That being said, I have some concerns about the 'normal' patch raids. To start with, I've cleared most of the content (including 0% LK) last season, but it was obvious to everyone who played that there was a LOT of burnout, especially during Ulduar.

My suggestion focuses on raid scaling, and the disconnect between a lot of guilds (based on advertising) versus what the server is tuned to. I will explain my rationale later, but I believe that Naxx+ raids default difficulty should be more in tune with Icecrown levels, however there should be an NPC or otherwise available 'hardcore/heroic' option to upscale to the currently live values. I would balance this change by making it so that if you do raids at the 'downscaled' difficulty, you do not gain any achievements for killing bosses or clearing the raid. Despite that, you would gain equivalent gear to the 'hardcore/heroic' mode (i.e. the gear you'd normally get for downing the boss). This would allow hardcore guilds to still have the accomplishments that come with Server First achievements (and clearing hardmodes of bosses), while allowing more casual guilds to still experience fights and gain loot progression. Hardcore guilds that do easy mode the first weeks of a patch would miss out on Server First achievements, as well as the achievements that come from downing bosses, forcing them to choose between prestige and easier loot. However, this would make content accessible even in the first weeks of patch for the unskilled/new players. For the skilled players, the first weeks achievements would be a testament to their skills, while casual guilds could attempt the achievements once they have more gear (and thus better margins) for the fights.

If additional incentive is needed to make the 'hardcore/heroic' mode attractive for more competitive guilds, potentially you could add an extra loot drop to bosses completed at higher difficulties?

My idea stems from the fact that you see a lot of guilds advertising 'casual' guilds, and I believe that the 'for fun' guilds are really the lifeblood of the WoW experience. They are what separates Warmane from Classic, as Classic tryhards have (in my social circles anyways) sucked the fun from the end-game experience. People play the game to be able to express themselves and have fun. Being shoehorned into a (potentially incorrectly) min-maxed build is generally not fun for a lot of those casual players. However, taking your Beast Master hunter is not going to get you far in the currently scaled raids.

On the other hand, I recognize it's important to not diminish the truly skilled accomplishments of the competitive guilds having been in one for the latter half of last season. That being said, clearly the content was clearly frustrating for most guilds to get through. The upscaling made progression if not painful, then at least tedious for the majority of players. If you weren't racing for a Server First or every Hardmode achievement, you probably hit a wall fairly early on in Ulduar.

I think that disabling achievements in exchange for easier fights is a fair compromise to allow casuals to still participate (and experience) in the game without extreme reliance on cookie-cutter min/maxed raid comps and rotations.

This could create a still faithful to base WotLK environment, while easing some of the strains players currently have each season.

Sorry for the long reply, and thank you if you've read this far.

10. True. I was hoping to be able to play super casually and just PuG but nah, with the buffed content it would be too stressful I think. And so many people here have no idea of what they're doing, like zero awareness of anything which makes the content even harder. It's a struggle without a guild and I don't want to join a guild.

Warmane nowadays feels a bit too serious and hardcore.

11. This is a small one but I would suggest a better way to implement transmog scrolls while putting them in as raid rewards is an idea it feels kinda like a gate kept feature like selling them for like 5 badges or gold would allow for another way to make the feature more accessible for the masses.

12. May 30, 2022  
    I would like to see more TBC content in future seasons. Maybe try to implement TBC heroics (not as hard as mythic ofc) into wotlk's RDF system? And please for the love of unholy, update your shop quicker. The reason why I play on WM is shop and high rates and soon you will face huge competition from classic wotlk.

13. May 30, 2022  
    To start with, I've cleared most of the content (including 0% LK) last season, but it was obvious to everyone who played that there was a LOT of burnout, especially during Ulduar.

My suggestion focuses on raid scaling, and the disconnect between a lot of guilds...
    I respect your well-composed post and your opinion, but I have to honestly disagree with 95% of it. Your propositions are somewhat idealistic to the point of introducing nihilism in the game, which none of the people in the server will enjoy in the end. In my honest opinion there is/was no any raiding problem whatsoever in S1 and S3 (I haven't been active in S2). The gap that you see and some other people complain is due to the fact that there is actual very well-working effort-reward system in the raiding, thus some people who does not put an average amount of effort+skill could not cover the bare minimum would of course be left behind trailing in progress. This said, it is not mandatory to be hard core player or even have any guild to be BiS with MS and close to BiS with OS on 1 character before next patch is out. To do this you need a little brains for WoW, a tad of Social Skills and maybe 1 time being the lucky guy per three months. Removing this natural gap between player who put somewhat effort in their game and the ones who does not will just make the game not challenging and purely obsolete. Also players should learn to be happy with their lives without being full on achieves and gear, but more like seek a ground where they have constantly satisficing experience from the game, which by itself is a very easy task to complete, even if you are just casual player.

So leaving the raiding to the side, I can actually give my 5 cent for what can be TRULY improved RIGHT NOW(or later) in the server.

Timewalking/Mythics

They do not fit the original content at all. What I mean is:

-Overly buffed challenge with insufficient rewards. (nevermind I do like a good challenge in games, what we have here does not incline the mass players to complete the new content, which means this timewalking experience quickly becomes "empty content" or so to say "no content at all") I've seen more groups lately for rare mount runs, than mythics. Imagine.

-Somewhat dim introduction how and what players can do at any given moment and how that fits their character progression. (imho, events must be better organized or all the content released simultaneously, or something else idk)

-Fails to emphasize on the beauty of TBC, which is nostalgy patch by itself. (having wotlk items drop in timewalking is ok idea, however if 15% of the loot was replaced with some rare custom loot, which was 10% less valuable than the other items but had unique TBC feeling, not only the look of it, I mean just a pure uniqueness, like a trinket which is close to wotlk trinket but exist only in warmane timewalking and is crafted to represent the Lore of TBC with RP precision, would be a collectible target and a reason for players to be hyped searching for it. It really does not makes sense to wipe 20 times in TBC overbuffed content without any truly unique reward awaiting, at least for me. I would rather leave this timewalking away and grind normal TBC content five times faster and just tmog it on my BiS gear)

-Overall the idea seems rushed and not executed with finesse. (It really does not fit anything "regular", neither PvE nor PvP, and you know how wotlk players think en masse, if it does not fit what the player is striving for is is being quickly disregarded as "waste of time".)

So I know I've said a lot of blah-blah about the mythics and really given no exact answer how this can be fixed, but yes the reality is that we have not seen yet truly what timewalking can deliver and thus we are speaking from just an opened door. However if you ask me, just for the next season release all TBC timewalking at the same time as raids release and tune it to be grindable from characters who are currently preparing for raids. This would mean tune it to be doable with groups who wear gear from heroic dungeons, but are not yet pre-raid BiS and give similar to pre-raid loot. Make the loot to be fun and to give the player who spend time doing it extra edge in finding raid slot or raid guild. That way you solve almost all of the problems the other players who can't play the game on sufficient level yet and are crying about being left behind, aside, or in the mud. With this option every new player will have enough easily accessible options to get the gear he needs to be easily starting his enigmatic raid carrier!

just my 5 cent, from a game designer perspective and actually semi-casual player
    Edited: May 30, 2022

First ... 34567 ... Last