1. Suggestion to Keep PvE Raiding Ladder Competitive

So reviewing the pve ladder, and seeing a three second marrow fight.......talk about exploiting raid reset to get #1. So with that, I suggest when weekly raid resets, even if people are on a boss during that reset, it resets the whole boss fight. That way we can keep legit fights on the ladder vs reset exploits.

2. And what about people just raiding for no specific reason in that time? Their boss fight is supposed to go down the ****ter to keep the ladder fair?

3. And what about people just raiding for no specific reason in that time? Their boss fight is supposed to go down the ****ter to keep the ladder fair?
    Yeah, cuz there's no way youre going to kill Marrow in THREE seconds. Honestly it looks like exploiting the reset to make your guild look awesome. If you were to actually look into the details of the raid, NONE of them are bis. Its an opinion, not a ****, dont take it so hard. Oh and tell me please tell me how and show me how you down marrow in three seconds.
    Edited: March 3, 2022 Reason: Put your money where your mouth is

4. Why not report the bug?
    Well i dont believe its a bug, i believe its an exploit, cuz there's tons of times Ive been in a VoA with raid reset not observed and it came, and the fight was still going. My theory is starting a fight and timing it out just perfectly to land a 3 second kill. Ive done tons of raids with everyone being BiS, and a legit boss kill takes longer than that, let alone the boss mechanic does. My suggestion is the fight whatever raid boss youre on resets instantly when the raid lockout does.
    Edited: March 3, 2022

5. And what are exploits if not bugs?

6. And what are exploits if not bugs?
    Exploits are actions taken to gain a benefit from a flawed system. A Bug would be a problem in game programming. So thus the raid lock reset is a flawed system being you can still do a boss fight when raid locks reset, thus giving you a fresh kill timer on a boss you are currently working on and completely taking away any legitimacy for the PvE Ladder Boards.

7. Storing the timer of a fight when the raid resets could be called a bug :P

8. Storing the timer of a fight when the raid resets could be called a bug :P
    not necessarily, you can exploit a game mechanic that isnt a bug. Raid Lockout reset is something that hasnt been touched since Vanilla by Blizzard. Just trying to point out how illegitimate our PvE Ladder system is. A bug is a change in the game coding, like for example when the bug for hunters was going on. MM hunters could summon BM pets, like I seen MM hunters with Chimera's in battle grounds. Thats exploiting a bug using both elements from each spec to have a superior edge in pvp.

9. Exploits are actions taken to gain a benefit from a flawed system. A Bug would be a problem in game programming. So thus the raid lock reset is a flawed system being you can still do a boss fight when raid locks reset, thus giving you a fresh kill timer on a boss you are currently working on and completely taking away any legitimacy for the PvE Ladder Boards.
    You realize the full term is "bug exploiting"? You're trying to create some separation that doesn't exist. The only separation is that a bug is something unintended which just exists, and (bug) exploiting is actively and knowingly making use of the bug.

Also, the actual bug isn't in the lock reset, but simply, from what you're saying, on the timer being zeroed for a currently ongoing run when the lock reset happens. That's something that should go in the Bug Tracker like Repost said, and people who are abusing this should be reported.

PS: Just for ****s and giggles I checked Wikipedia, and even their page on video game exploit says: "In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, speed or level design etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers." Yeah, they say all that about systems, rates, hit boxes, etc., but if they are being used in an unintended way, it being possible to be used like that is still considered a bug.

10. You realize the full term is "bug exploiting"? You're trying to create some separation that doesn't exist. The only separation is that a bug is something unintended which just exists, and (bug) exploiting is actively and knowingly making use of the bug.

Also, the actual bug isn't in the lock reset, but simply, from what you're saying, on the timer being zeroed for a currently ongoing run when the lock reset happens. That's something that should go in the Bug Tracker like Repost said, and people who are abusing this should be reported.

PS: Just for ****s and giggles I checked Wikipedia, and even their page on video game exploit says: "In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, speed or level design etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers." Yeah, they say all that about systems, rates, hit boxes, etc., but if they are being used in an unintended way, it being possible to be used like that is still considered a bug.
    Noted, however You wouldnt have to go far to see who's abusing it, just look at the ladder.

11. Noted, however You wouldnt have to go far to see who's abusing it, just look at the ladder.
    Yes, but we're talking a small team, all of which already have responsibilities that don't involve regularly checking a ladder, vs. all the players interested in having the ladder fair. Eventually someone in the Staff might happen to check it and would forward that, but players can't complain that the ladder stays with that sort of exploited entry for a long time if they don't even bother reporting.

12. Yeah, cuz there's no way youre going to kill Marrow in THREE seconds. Honestly it looks like exploiting the reset to make your guild look awesome. If you were to actually look into the details of the raid, NONE of them are bis. Its an opinion, not a ****, dont take it so hard. Oh and tell me please tell me how and show me how you down marrow in three seconds.
    You're awfully selfish and it seems you didn't get my point at all but go ahead and flame on. It seems I rustled your jimmies pretty hard and it's always fun to watch people throw tantrums over nothing.
    Ironically, seems you're the one who took the dick so hard, not I.

What I was pointing out is that your solution ruins gameplay of people who happen to be raiding in that time window, specifically of those who don't chase the imaginary website numbers (timer) and are just there to have a good time. And because of that, your "suggestion" is ****e.

13. You're awfully selfish and it seems you didn't get my point at all but go ahead and flame on. It seems I rustled your jimmies pretty hard and it's always fun to watch people throw tantrums over nothing.
    Ironically, seems you're the one who took the dick so hard, not I.

What I was pointing out is that your solution ruins gameplay of people who happen to be raiding in that time window, specifically of those who don't chase the imaginary website numbers (timer) and are just there to have a good time. And because of that, your "suggestion" is ****e.
    How am I selfish questioning a kill timer and institute something to keep the raiding competitive and mostly.......legit? Honestly if youre raiding at the time of raid reset, thats on your raid leader for not paying attention and honestly no one else's problem, just as you could this is. However as far "chasing imaginary numbers (timer)" some guilds actually raid competitively(the big LoD guilds in particular), even Warmane has had competitions in the past on how fast you can burn through a raid, thats the point Im getting at. Some big guilds like to show off, am I apart of those guilds, no. I just have hard time believing a 3 second kill time on Marrow, thats all.

14. How am I selfish questioning a kill timer and institute something to keep the raiding competitive and mostly.......legit?
    Because you were suggesting for the whole encounter to be reset, something that would affect everyone doing it at the time, due to a minority intending on exploiting the timer. He says so pretty clearly. Most people don't care about ladders or timers, and they shouldn't have their progress be flushed because of exploiters, when those can be easily identified and reported.

12 Last