1. Looking for A Specific Addon

Good Day Everyone,

I am searching for an addon that determines what gear is better for your character. Something that will show in the tool tip of the breakdown of the stats and recco which one you should equip if it is better.

Hopefully something like this exists and what I said makes sense!

Thank you,

Wobbles

2. Such a thing doesn't exist because there's a lot that an addon can't know, such as which build you intend on using (that changes stat values), which other gear you might also swap out.... there's just so much.

It really is simple for a human brain to evaluate. Not so simple to code. Look up the specs. Learn the stat priority for the spec you want to play. Then look at the stats on the gear.

Also don't vender your old items right away. Sometimes you might be better off equipping an old item because you got a significant upgrade for a slot, but it drops you below hit cap and you have a piece of gear for another slot sitting in the bank with extra hit.

3. Rating Buster
    Doesn't recommend which gear is better but it breaks down stats

4. Such a thing doesn't exist.
    This is not true at all. Two addons that can do the job.

1. Pawn: https://felbite.com/addon/4764-pawn/
    2. ClassLoot: https://felbite.com/addon/3870-classloot/

I suggest using ClassLoot for dungeons and raids and Pawn for everything else.
    Edited: March 12, 2022

5. This is not true at all. Two addons that can do the job.
    Did you actually read what he asked for?

ClassLoot merely adds a recommendation to the tooltip of an item. It doesn't compare it to your equipped.

Pawn does compare, but all it does is produce a number based upon what exactly? An arbitrary number just like GS?

There is no addon that can accurately tell you that equipping X to replace Y is the best choice. As the player you need to pay attention to your stats and what you want to aim for. Even if Crit is better for your spec than Haste, you might be better off equipping an item with less Crit because the totality of all the stat upgrades are better. Maybe the new item has no Crit at all, but a lot of Hit and will allow you to swap out Hit gems for Crit gems, resulting in an overall increase in Crit. Players should learn the value of particular stats for the spec and what the hard and soft caps are. Choosing to equip a piece of gear because an addon rates it as "347" and your current is "303" is not useful information.

6. Did you actually read what he asked for?
    Yes, I did. Both addons I linked are doing a good enough job to recommend your gear. You are basically saying that something that recommends you gear can't exist, because it's impossible to? Okay how would you explain for example Rawr, SimCraft and even retail's raidbots? These tools are based on years of theory-crafting and are used daily by top players. If you don't believe that such things exist, suit yourself, but don't go around spreading things as "This and that doesn't exist".