1. Mage for Frostmourne S3 (T7)

Hello all!
    So I was wondering whether I should roll a mage for Frostmourne S3 or not. The thing is, how viable is it for Naxx and Ulduar content? For what I know, the only viable spec for early Wotlk pve content is Arcane, but since I'm planning on playing casually, do you think mage is good for casual raiding? Or do I have to raid Naxx regularly so I can get some gear to cap some stat (like haste) in order to do decent dps? Also, is frost pvp viable in this season?
    Any advise will be welcomed!

Thank you

2. For pve :
    Arcane is one of the best ranged spec early one especially on short fights, so the better raid you have the better you will shine.
    Fire will struggle in early content due to the lack of crit but it becomes playable with full t8 (late ulduar) and it continues to shine to become the top damage dealer spec in icc.
    Frost is not playable in pve because you can't freeze boss.

For pvp :
    Frost is one of the strongest ranged spec in arena/duels/world pvp even in t7 because you don't need a lot of resi.
    Fire is really strong too but you have less defensive cooldowns so you have less room for mistakes and is one of the best spec for bg.
    Arcane is descent due to its insane burst but generally you'll prefer either frost or fire in all pvp content.
    Edited: April 14, 2022

3. May 9, 2022  
    The statement above is false. You can very much procc fingers of frost and brain freeze on raid bosses. And since bosses are stun immune your deep freeze will do BIG damage rather than stunning them. Wether this is a bug or working as intended I do not know. But Frost is just as viable as arcane for PvE at the moment. In fact, I play frost and every raid I have been in so far I have come out on top compared to arcane mages.
    The downsides to 'PvE' frost is that you will not have any slows outside of Cone of Cold and Frostfire Bolt making it very lackluster for slows. You do however bring the 5% spell crit debuff(same as fire mage) and Replenishment(shared with survival hunters and ret paladins).

https://wotlkdb.com/?talent#of0q0u0c...u0f0gfRt:nRim0
    Edited: May 9, 2022

4. May 11, 2022  
    BTW, what is the best AOE rotation for arcane and for deep frost mage in pve(heroics dungeons)?

5. May 13, 2022  
    This is so far beyond incorrect, i have been playing fire since first raid day and i am always top 1-2 DPS. I have a 3942 GS and 62% crit chance fully raid buffed. I am consistently around 800-1100 DPS higher then the arcane mages. I have not been out damaged in ANY 25 man content by any arcane mage. The only time an Arcane mage was even close to me on dps, was on Patchwork, where they did 5.2k DPS and as FIRE I did 5.5k Fire is far superior to arcane if you know how to gear correctly. It requires far more knowledge and Skill then Arcane. On Thadius25 I pulled 11.7k DPS and the closest Arcane mage was 8.7k.. People need to stop promoting Arcane mages as the Best T7 dps, it's only even CLOSE around the 3k-3.4k GS once you get some naxx10-25 loot, you see the CLEAR advantage to FIRE. Even Frostfire mages are out performing Arcane atm.

Another note: Arcane mages are MUCH easier to learn then fire, the rotation is boring and tedious, but it ultimately MUCH easier to learn/master.. with the traditional Arcane spec you are also practically hit capped just from talents you only need an extra 8% spell hit chance in 25 man with boomie or shadow priest present. SO for someone looking to play a mage for the first time, I recommend Arcane for brainless gearing and rotation management. With that being said, if you would like to play a mage to it's full potential, and you are ready for a challenge.. pick up FIRE it is far more rewarding to master and MUCH more fun to play.
    Edited: May 13, 2022

6. May 17, 2022  
    This is so far beyond incorrect, i have been playing fire since first raid day and i am always top 1-2 DPS. I have a 3942 GS and 62% crit chance fully raid buffed. I am consistently around 800-1100 DPS higher then the arcane mages. I have not been out damaged in ANY 25 man content by any arcane mage. The only time an Arcane mage was even close to me on dps, was on Patchwork, where they did 5.2k DPS and as FIRE I did 5.5k Fire is far superior to arcane if you know how to gear correctly. It requires far more knowledge and Skill then Arcane. On Thadius25 I pulled 11.7k DPS and the closest Arcane mage was 8.7k.. People need to stop promoting Arcane mages as the Best T7 dps, it's only even CLOSE around the 3k-3.4k GS once you get some naxx10-25 loot, you see the CLEAR advantage to FIRE. Even Frostfire mages are out performing Arcane atm.

Another note: Arcane mages are MUCH easier to learn then fire, the rotation is boring and tedious, but it ultimately MUCH easier to learn/master.. with the traditional Arcane spec you are also practically hit capped just from talents you only need an extra 8% spell hit chance in 25 man with boomie or shadow priest present. SO for someone looking to play a mage for the first time, I recommend Arcane for brainless gearing and rotation management. With that being said, if you would like to play a mage to it's full potential, and you are ready for a challenge.. pick up FIRE it is far more rewarding to master and MUCH more fun to play.
    Hey, do u play standart fire mage build or FFB build? If you can, show the build pls.