1. Hybrid Spec

I'm just wondering if this hybrid spec is viable in PvP / PvE for Shadow Priest. I wanted to go for survivability most of all. Though maybe it's mostly tailored towards leveling. Any thoughts? (See link below for the spec build).

https://wotlkdb.com/?talent#bxcbhhGV0hZZ0xfVofzffqbk

2. From a pvp point of view, I think that if you want to go for survivability you shouldn't have taken all the defensive talents from the shadow tree.

3. You wanted to go for survivability and PvP, but instead of taking such talents in Shadow tree, you've dumped lots of talent points in Discipline tree for no real effect.
    You don't have silence to counter casters. You didn't take Dispersion, which is probably strongest defensive cooldown in game beside bubble (unroots you + 90% incoming damage reduction + mana regen and you keep moving under it).

4. Oh, okay. I figured that the 15% intelect and extra spirit would contribute to a high damage output and also save mana.

5. No, there's mistakes in this build.

Shadow priest has two focus areas from my experience. They need survivability and high damage. When all talent points go to this and all gear and gems go to this, you will have highest success.

5/5 Mental Strength is a bad use of 5 talent points.

In exchange, 3/3 Silent Resolve makes you more survivable and increases your damage by reducing dispels.
    2/2 Reflective shield increases your damage output. Indirectly, it will increase your survivability too.
    or
    2/2 Martyrdom will increase your survivability and damage, as you can cast without interruption. Healing, or damage.
    or
    2/2 Psychic Scream will increase survivability.
    or
    1/1 Silence will increase survivability

Check my guides for Shadow priest PvP. It is the best guide on this forum for Shadow Priest PvP.

6. this hybrid spec actually worked very well, it was just boring.
    https://wotlkdb.com/?talent#bxIrzhhiRcokZZ0efbRfkbfo

The strength is that you have shadowform 15% damage resistance, Focused Will 12% damage resistance, renewed hope 3% damage resistance.

You'll be taking about 60% damage reduction while being attacked.

For comparison, dispersion reduces your damage taken by 90% for 6 seconds.

Power infusion works as a mana talent. You pop it when going on the offensive, reducing mana cost by 20% and giving you haste. I just spammed Devouring Plague for 20 seconds. It's very powerful. ~3k damage per cast with 20% haste increase.

Focused Will also gives you 15% increase to self-heals while being attacked. That means vampiric embrace self-heals should increase 15%. You become very tanky with this spec.

Martyrdom makes you even more tanky. It allows you to free-cast self heals or damage for life-steal.

SO IT LOOKS LIKE THIS: A 60% damage reduction priest with bonus healing and protected casts spams Devouring Plague on you with a haste bonus. Besides power infusion, you still 60% damage reduction with bonus healing and protected casts but weak offense. This hybrid depends on power infusion spell. Maybe use 2 talent points to reduce its cooldown by 20%

The Focused Will spec also gives 3% spell crit; I was using full satin gear, at 35% crit with this talent. In shadowform, crits do double damage.
    Edited: March 30, 2022