1. 2022 - Server looks dead

Only Info - No ticket

Hey guys I created a human priest and ran to stormwind.
    No chats, no people, only npcs.
    After that I went to ironforge to see/feel the same.

It's sad, I hoped to find a newer version of wow in warmane quality.

2. Well even the warmane website says 300-500 people logged in max at once so compared to WOTLK realms you can't expect too much. When you "/who" without any restrictions in chat (atleast on alliance) you can see 50ppl max during the day (~30 of them are lvlers 1-70) and sometimes this number is higher but its because people there are multiboxing obviously 10 accounts (i have seen the same name with different endings in /who 10x90lvl doing something in 1 instance)... I cant blame him but well...

If you join global chat there will be like 3 - 5 ppl that will speak with you but others are silent... most of them are playing solo for long time...
    RDF/BG is long dead doesnt matter if you are main role or not you will always be alone in queue unless you queue at 90 lvl with basic gear...
    Auction house has items even from lvl 5 listed at insane prices... and other items that are "worth" looking into like glyphs/recipes are 300g+ so ye as low lvl pre 90 you wont buy much...
    You can't really get any mats or anything from AH or people... every prof is a solo job...
    Server has alot of bugs... infinite flight bug where you cant land after taking flight path... mobs going underground LOSing you and resetting... dying randomly while walking on the road... bugged quests... etc etc...
    Also yes you wont see anyone in the zone unless you are +70 and even low lvls are starting with 2 premade ppl (heal and tank or 2 mages for example) and they try to do something and then they give up after few hours or 1 day max...

But after everything i said i must say something... you can still play... this server is more hardcore than you could possibly imagine and you dont need any addons here except unitframes / ackisrecipelist for your profs...
    Hows that possible? You need to do everything alone and there is no gear you can buy everything is solo self found including mats...
    So someone may ask... ok so how to start there?
    There is only few classes that can solo something on 1 character without mboxing... priest (preferred) shaman or druid (good choice too)... others will have problems... and why is that? Let me explain... You need to be able to heal yourself and deal damage... pets lose aggro too quickly... once you hit lvl 20 (easy with herbalism +1k xp per pickup) you just go to wailing caverns and get some xp and your gear to exchange greys... because you will be overlvled and MOP has different scalling you can outheal dmg recieved and deal good dmg too... and you just basically get lvl 20 and do the mission with battle pets (+10g) with that gold you buy 4x 10slot bag... and just do dungeon runs while overlvled to get gear and gold for mount and riding/flying... it will be alot harder once you hit TBC thats why questing is good for xp... or straight up farming the zones for green items to equip and sell to get everything and proceed to WOTLK etc... once you have decent gear (your lvl - 15 max with stats) you can start doing profs and getting all recipes if you are completionist... it will take alot of time but once you are 80+ atleast no dungeon or raid will be a problem for you... One thing to mention its 3-4 points per 1 craft from prof so they are going up very quickly but you will have alot of things to drop... to get all recipes and mats...

Overall server would be good if not x7 + would have like 1k-2k ppl atleast... with decent bugfixes but wotlk is more important right?

3. Well even the warmane website says 300-500 people logged in max at once so compared to WOTLK realms you can't expect too much. When you "/who" without any restrictions in chat (atleast on alliance) you can see 50ppl max during the day (~30 of them are lvlers 1-70) and sometimes this number is higher but its because people there are multiboxing obviously 10 accounts (i have seen the same name with different endings in /who 10x90lvl doing something in 1 instance)... I cant blame him but well...

If you join global chat there will be like 3 - 5 ppl that will speak with you but others are silent... most of them are playing solo for long time...
    RDF/BG is long dead doesnt matter if you are main role or not you will always be alone in queue unless you queue at 90 lvl with basic gear...
    Auction house has items even from lvl 5 listed at insane prices... and other items that are "worth" looking into like glyphs/recipes are 300g+ so ye as low lvl pre 90 you wont buy much...
    You can't really get any mats or anything from AH or people... every prof is a solo job...
    Server has alot of bugs... infinite flight bug where you cant land after taking flight path... mobs going underground LOSing you and resetting... dying randomly while walking on the road... bugged quests... etc etc...
    Also yes you wont see anyone in the zone unless you are +70 and even low lvls are starting with 2 premade ppl (heal and tank or 2 mages for example) and they try to do something and then they give up after few hours or 1 day max...

But after everything i said i must say something... you can still play... this server is more hardcore than you could possibly imagine and you dont need any addons here except unitframes / ackisrecipelist for your profs...
    Hows that possible? You need to do everything alone and there is no gear you can buy everything is solo self found including mats...
    So someone may ask... ok so how to start there?
    There is only few classes that can solo something on 1 character without mboxing... priest (preferred) shaman or druid (good choice too)... others will have problems... and why is that? Let me explain... You need to be able to heal yourself and deal damage... pets lose aggro too quickly... once you hit lvl 20 (easy with herbalism +1k xp per pickup) you just go to wailing caverns and get some xp and your gear to exchange greys... because you will be overlvled and MOP has different scalling you can outheal dmg recieved and deal good dmg too... and you just basically get lvl 20 and do the mission with battle pets (+10g) with that gold you buy 4x 10slot bag... and just do dungeon runs while overlvled to get gear and gold for mount and riding/flying... it will be alot harder once you hit TBC thats why questing is good for xp... or straight up farming the zones for green items to equip and sell to get everything and proceed to WOTLK etc... once you have decent gear (your lvl - 15 max with stats) you can start doing profs and getting all recipes if you are completionist... it will take alot of time but once you are 80+ atleast no dungeon or raid will be a problem for you... One thing to mention its 3-4 points per 1 craft from prof so they are going up very quickly but you will have alot of things to drop... to get all recipes and mats...

Overall server would be good if not x7 + would have like 1k-2k ppl atleast... with decent bugfixes but wotlk is more important right?
    Dont forget to mention that the Basics like the Auction House is only dead since couple years, it's so bugged like it deletes items, auctions so it's HIGHLY UNATTRACTIVE for every player.

To avoid this incident:
    You have to write notes, keep Screenshots of your Auctions (like following your schedule) as proof to get back items / materials from a GM, if bug happens, after you write your GM Ticket to get back the lost good, Nobuemon the legendary forum hero will get in contact with You ingame.

Nobuemon works alone from the Warmane team on Frostwolf for years, not from the developer team itself, but from the Forum mods, so it is enough said, described. Unbreakable will is needed to keep working on a not so popular project / expansion.

4. I'm surprised that it's still online TBH. And that some of you still play there for... some reason.
    I remember this one guy who was arguing with me a few years back that MoP is totally getting more popular and will have 3K+ online in the future, still makes me chuckle xD

Warmane is THE WotLK server, no contest, but Cata and MoP were in a sad state from the begging. IDK what you expect, Frostwolf is unsalvageable.

5. May 2, 2022  
    I'm surprised that it's still online TBH. And that some of you still play there for... some reason.
    I remember this one guy who was arguing with me a few years back that MoP is totally getting more popular and will have 3K+ online in the future, still makes me chuckle xD

Warmane is THE WotLK server, no contest, but Cata and MoP were in a sad state from the begging. IDK what you expect, Frostwolf is unsalvageable.
    this ^lol
    and I too remember that person. it had very good promises but warmane is still a small team of people doing this for a living. so in a way, finances will always be a top priority. and if theres no people playing. theres not really a point to pay attention to it.

also I REALLY dont understand how its still online.
    when cata dropped below 500-750 average daily players it was shut down within a year or 2.

meanwhile Frostwolf is going strong for almost 5 years now with less than 300 people.
    idk

6. May 3, 2022  
    meanwhile Frostwolf is going strong for almost 5 years now with less than 300 people.
    idk
    Maybe they decided against shutting it down because a lot of people were mad about Cata shutdown, claiming they wasted coins and what not.

7. May 3, 2022  
    Maybe they decided against shutting it down because a lot of people were mad about Cata shutdown, claiming they wasted coins and what not.
    But the TBC realm got shut down as well (was it 1-2 years ago?), and people still complained about having spent coins there.

8. May 3, 2022  
    They sure didn't mind taking the money multiboxers contributed. I highly doubt this is the case.

9. May 3, 2022  
    At the end I will be right.
    Frostwolf will RISE UP!
    You will see, the population will hit 4-5k in just few months.

10. May 4, 2022  
    But the TBC realm got shut down as well (was it 1-2 years ago?), and people still complained about having spent coins there.
    Just goes to contribute to the Cata argument. 2 times they closed realms and 2 times people were very pissed and complained so maybe they decided against it.

They sure didn't mind taking the money multiboxers contributed. I highly doubt this is the case.
    Are you still mad about multiboxer limit half a year later? Time to let go man.

11. May 5, 2022  
    I believe it might have to do more with Nobuemon still supporting the expansion (albeit at the pace one person, with other duties, can), than "backlash" due to Coins used and enjoyed.

Are you still mad about multiboxer limit half a year later? Time to let go man.
    Just wait, in a few years it will be "back in my day, multiboxing was this and that, you whippersnappers!"

12. Are you still mad about multiboxer limit half a year later? Time to let go man.
    That was a half a year ago, I don't care. My point stands and is valid, which is why the other one didn't have anything good to say about it.

13. Hey guys. Can me and our 10 friends do content here on our own? Are raids doable in 10 players? Can we do it with less people?
    We dont mind server beeing dead but we want to enjoy content

14. But the TBC realm got shut down as well (was it 1-2 years ago?), and people still complained about having spent coins there.
    Was the TBC server less populated when it was shut down than the MoP server is now?

15. I just recently started on MoP server sinc ethe WotLK server was nice and haven't seen a single soul yet. Kinda nervous about pogression.

12 Last