1. The parking lot analogy feels really reaching, tbh. This is a magic world where everyone has powers and it's incredibly violent just by it's nature. If this were transferred into our modern world, people would be getting killed over stolen parking spots too. That's a goofy thing to say. This game isn't trying to recreate some simple, peaceful, streamlined experience. It's supposed to be chaotic, and dangerous. It's the World of Warcraft. The idea that people can come up and kill you is one of the only exciting things that can even happen when you're running around the open world. The monsters are barely dangerous at all once you have any kind of decent gear. You're just arguing for a more sanitized, boring version of the game where you can just log on and do your chores without anyone bothering you. Go play Stardew Valley if that's what your into. Don't ruin it for the rest of us by crying about getting killed in an online game.

"Stop whining, vote for PVP by enabling PVP in the game and leave us PVE people alone." - This is such a dumb comment.

This skews the way world PvP operates enormously. It's now a totally different game. You've distorted all world PVP interactions. The person who is flagging themselves has so much more risk than they would if everyone is PVP. In a realm where everyone is PVP, you can proactively kill people you see eyeballing you or getting a little too close for comfort. In this scenario where you have to flag yourself, non-flagged people can just walk up to you and posture. They can troll you by tagging your mobs without you having the ability to fight back, or just staying around so you can't get to low while they have absolutely no risk. It basically turns everyone into a rogue. You, as the non-flagged person get to pick the rules of engagement which gives you an enormous advantage. All this leads to is nobody PvPing while leveling because the risk far outweighs any "reward" of having some fun. To act like it's totally the same "just flag up" is dishonest or ill-considered.

It's not spoiled toy say that this extremely impactful update to the game makes me not want to play. It's a very big change to the game. As i said in a previous comment, the different between WPVP in PVP servers in Normal/PVE servers is pretty enormous. The dynamics around world PVP are inherently changed when it's optional. If you don't understand that, i don't know how to help you. My point about comparing the games, is that i feel as though people are trying to turn WoW into a very sterile, almost single player, type of game. It appears that you don't want to deal with any chaos or randomness in the world. The game is pretty stale without the world PVP aspect and the random violence that can occur between two people who just pass each other on the road. Everybody out in the world has the same danger and sense of alertness. Of course i could just flag myself and wonder around, but then i'm putting myself at a big disadvantage.

I think a better idea would be to keep it as a pvp server and then implement an honor system that punishes people for camping or killing people of a much lower level. This is all very possible and not a novel idea. I believe that most problems can be solved by balancing and aligning people's incentive. Another option, as others have said, would be to make it Pve, but then give some sort of incentive for people to flag themselves (increased XP, Rep, Gold). As it's looking right now, it's not in my best interest to flag as i'm immediately handing over the opportunity to set the rules of engagement and stack all of the odds in your favor.
    I support that, PVE realm for me its a deal breaker. At least make some incentive for those who wants to take the risk flagging

2. "We have elected this time to make Frostmourne a PvE realm by popular demand"

Really?
    Everyone I played with on S1 & S2 hate the new "Peace-mode", it's literally game changing, and playing in "PvP mode" doesn't even give you increased rewards or nothing.. Botting will be even bigger than previous seasons..

The community on this forum/discord does not seem to like the change either. Please make a poll for us to vote, or just revert the change, it's not too late.

And this is coming from a PvE-boomer that has played this game for 15+ years with a lot of love for the game.
    Please make a poll for us to vote, or just revert the change!

3. They decided everything long ago. I think writing here is useless.
    People who are afraid of wpvp should probably download any mangos/trinity server and you can safely complete quests on it. xD
    /i left

4. From the point of view of someone that greatly enjoys wpvp- do I think people that like to play PVE shouldn't have a realm where they able to? Absolutely not, I just think it's not right to make Frostmourne, the realm that you have to wait months to be available again, the PVE realm. If there's that many people asking for PVE there could be a separate realm for PVE players that's exactly like Icecrown, I doubt anyone would have been against a realm like that just like no one's against the existence of Blackrock.

I missed the launch of the first two servers and it's just not the same- was greatly interested in Season 3, and seeing that the only time i'm able to be around since launch is going to be PVE is such a bummer. Probably going to give it a try anyways, but I don't know if I will end up liking it. It will end up being just like retail with warmode- the winning faction will run around with pvp on, the losing faction will run around with pvp off

5. From the point of view of someone that greatly enjoys wpvp- do I think people that like to play PVE shouldn't have a realm where they able to? Absolutely not, I just think it's not right to make Frostmourne, the realm that you have to wait months to be available again, the PVE realm. If there's that many people asking for PVE there could be a separate realm for PVE players that's exactly like Icecrown, I doubt anyone would have been against a realm like that just like no one's against the existence of Blackrock.

I missed the launch of the first two servers and it's just not the same- was greatly interested in Season 3, and seeing that the only time i'm able to be around since launch is going to be PVE is such a bummer. Probably going to give it a try anyways, but I don't know if I will end up liking it. It will end up being just like retail with warmode- the winning faction will run around with pvp on, the losing faction will run around with pvp off
    So you're saying a pve focused realm shouldn't be made pve? Really? Blackrock is completely focused on pvp, and you can even choose to progress with those in frostmourne. You can wpvp all you want on icecrown and lordaeron, so why don't you go there to wpvp? Probably too scared of all the 6.5k people who have nothing better to do than kick your butt all day? No other reason to whine about lack of forced pvp.

I've said this before but I'll say it again. I love pvp, and that includes wpvp. But with the quick pace of frostmourne I got turned off to wpvp. I just want to focus on getting my tasks done to keep progressing. I'm an adult and I don't have time to fight a bunch of kids who get off on killing others. Based on all the whining, that really feels like that's what it boils down to. How exactly does making the realm pve ruin your wow experience? If you like the thrill of threats lurking in every corner, turn your pvp flag on. If you don't like the fact that people can jump you at any time and you have no choice in the matter, well, welcome to the world of those who just want to quest or whatever and don't want to be bothered.

For the record, I don't completely agree with making it a pve server, but I can see why they're doing it and how it benefits the majority. The only thing being taken away from you is the option to kill someone that doesn't enjoy pvp and does not want to be killed. We all want to play this game differently so respect those who wish to play differently than you. Stop whining like a bunch of 5 year olds and give this a try. If it doesn't work out then maybe you can complain about it. But complaining before even giving this a shot is simply childish.

6. The only thing being taken away from you is the option to kill someone that doesn't enjoy pvp and does not want to be killed. We all want to play this game differently so respect those who wish to play differently than you. Stop whining like a bunch of 5 year olds and give this a try. If it doesn't work out then maybe you can complain about it. But complaining before even giving this a shot is simply childish.
    We all know they going to play anyway :D

7. So you're saying a pve focused realm shouldn't be made pve? Really? Blackrock is completely focused on pvp, and you can even choose to progress with those in frostmourne. You can wpvp all you want on icecrown and lordaeron, so why don't you go there to wpvp? Probably too scared of all the 6.5k people who have nothing better to do than kick your butt all day? No other reason to whine about lack of forced pvp.

I've said this before but I'll say it again. I love pvp, and that includes wpvp. But with the quick pace of frostmourne I got turned off to wpvp. I just want to focus on getting my tasks done to keep progressing. I'm an adult and I don't have time to fight a bunch of kids who get off on killing others. Based on all the whining, that really feels like that's what it boils down to. How exactly does making the realm pve ruin your wow experience? If you like the thrill of threats lurking in every corner, turn your pvp flag on. If you don't like the fact that people can jump you at any time and you have no choice in the matter, well, welcome to the world of those who just want to quest or whatever and don't want to be bothered.

For the record, I don't completely agree with making it a pve server, but I can see why they're doing it and how it benefits the majority. The only thing being taken away from you is the option to kill someone that doesn't enjoy pvp and does not want to be killed. We all want to play this game differently so respect those who wish to play differently than you. Stop whining like a bunch of 5 year olds and give this a try. If it doesn't work out then maybe you can complain about it. But complaining before even giving this a shot is simply childish.
    I mean you can just donate and go Icecrown and quit your job for a couple of months to be able to compete gearwise, but that's not really optimal..
    Fresh servers are without a doubt the most fair and fun to play.
    I think part of what he ment was that we don't like that the only fresh server we are given gets hit with such a big change to how the game is played.

Making it a PvE-server does not only kill the wpvp, if you think about it!
    There is plenty of good posts here on the forum that I hope can make Warmane Staff reconsider this PvE-change..

8. Making this a PvE server is quickly going to make this realms player base non existent. There will be absolutely no way to farm materials out in the world as well as no alliance playing at all. Huge mistake to go PvE and needs to be corrected unless you want a dead server

9. Making this a PvE server is quickly going to make this realms player base non existent. There will be absolutely no way to farm materials out in the world as well as no alliance playing at all. Huge mistake to go PvE and needs to be corrected unless you want a dead server
    Simply you can decide if doing world pvp or not, it's not strictly Pve Realm.
    And then world pvp what is? Level 80 players bullying level 70 in Northrend? Go in Arena and Battlegrounds, these are pvp...

10. Why are there some people here complaining here? Why are they even complaining, it makes no sense whatsoever, they still have the option to pvp, lmao.

The fact that some people here are so upset about not being able to kill random people that just wanna chill and do some quests in peace after working 12 hours a day 5 days a week is rather stunning.

You want to be able to relentlessly pvp with everyone no matter what ? You have literally 3 others servers to pvp non-stop on. They are called Blackrock, Icecrown and Lordaeron. You can also pvp on this one with other likeminded fellows. You have that option, since there are battlegrounds, arenas. And you can still wpvp too, with other people that wish to do so.

Oh no, you cannot kill low level players anymore, poor you!
    My goodness. Such children. Wow.

I applaud you Warmane, great decision to try this out and I'm very much looking forward to Frostmourne season 3.

11. can my lvl 58 dk can transfer also to icecrown?

12. Why are there some people here complaining here? Why are they even complaining, it makes no sense whatsoever, they still have the option to pvp, lmao.

The fact that some people here are so upset about not being able to kill random people that just wanna chill and do some quests in peace after working 12 hours a day 5 days a week is rather stunning.

You want to be able to relentlessly pvp with everyone no matter what ? You have literally 3 others servers to pvp non-stop on. They are called Blackrock, Icecrown and Lordaeron. You can also pvp on this one with other likeminded fellows. You have that option, since there are battlegrounds, arenas. And you can still wpvp too, with other people that wish to do so.

Oh no, you cannot kill low level players anymore, poor you!
    My goodness. Such children. Wow.

I applaud you Warmane, great decision to try this out and I'm very much looking forward to Frostmourne season 3.
    Indeed, they complain but the truth is that we are talking of the worst side of Wow Pvp, max level people killing leveling players.. I like low level PvP and I'll keep PvP active, but if level 80 players come bully me I'll just deactivate it, pretty fair no? And as I said, if you really like PvP, go in Arena and face people at your same gear level... if you are skilled enough

13. Making it pve realm is a great change, losers wont be able to camp low levels while leveling

14. Making it pve realm is a great change, losers wont be able to camp low levels while leveling
    People that actually play and know the game are pouring their heart out trying to convice the staff to not to make it a PvE-server, and then we have players like you.. xD
    Well congrats, it seems you and "the majority" won

Sad, me and my friends were looking forward to the fresh new season

15. People that actually play and know the game are pouring their heart out trying to convice the staff to not to make it a PvE-server, and then we have players like you.. xD
    Well congrats, it seems you and "the majority" won

Sad, me and my friends were looking forward to the fresh new season
    Actually they made it Pve becaude majority of people asked it.
    And then Battleground and Arena are the Pvp, and these will be opened!!!!

First ... 12202122232432 ... Last