1. as for me, pve realm will kill the idea of fresh seasoned server. No world pvp, a lot of abusers (you can pvp off yourself and stay on any nagrand/RoB arena and tag mobs so noone can do the quest).

Please, don't do this, keep frostmourne an pvp realm, as it always was on every warmane realm. We'r here to WARmane, not to see bots farming.

2. PVE realm is big mistake, and points like "go arena/bg if you want pvp" is nonsense. I can say go raid/dungeon/city if you want pve, so?

PVP realm is not about ganking a low lvl ppl, noone mind if you do something with that (penalty for kills of gray players, even bans - won't mind). But no way you really want to see how bots grinding everytihng, aswell as people from opposite faction will /spit on everyone near every dungeon entrance, and you literally can't do anything with that.

+ turning off/on pvp mark will bring a lot of strange situations/bugs, it's not even tested well, all realms was pvp and i hope they will remain PVP.

3. imagine playing a Rogue on a pve server , is like you just throw stealth skill of you skillboard ,you dont need it.
    sa an experiment , you can make 2 servers same time and see with one will be more populated , and after a week merge them together .
    that will show you true players choise.

4. OK but what about ''people'' who use some kind of a ''software'' to farm materials in the world? The so called ''bots''. I used to kill and compete with them for a node. How are we going to deal with them now hm? We will be left only with the report feature but an immediate action will be taken away from us. Will this affect the economy in the long run since they will be absolutely unstoppable now?
    You do know you could just report them right?
    I usually do and just add them as friends to see if things changed after reporting. Usually after a day, they never come online anymore.

5. A thought on PvE status. I think this might cause some trouble for the gathering profession. I think that if PvE is a must then tapping a herb or mining node should place you in PvP status for 60 seconds.
    There should also be a limit to how often you can enable and disable PvP, for example about 1 hour cooldown to change it.

6. The vast majority of players appear upset about the PVE realm mode change, especially with the situation of bots farming nodes. It would be great to consider reverting that decision as most folks would like to experience arguably the most fun aspect of the game, especially with mythics bringing more players around.
    Contrary to popular believe, world pvp was never fun.

7. Dear PvP Player.

There is an option to enable warmode. So you can still play World PvP with everyone who wants it too. If you guys are right and its the majority of people, the few players with peacemode will not bother you, you have enough people to fight.

If you're wrong and there are only a few players who enjoy world PvP, the change is even more great! It never works, if a server force player into content, they dont want to.

Most people complaining here are just player who enjoy ganking lowlevling Charakters. You want to fight under unfair conditions, so you can get over your 20% winrate in Arena.

If you want to play PvP que for Arena or que for Battlegrounds.

And understand one simple thing. They dont forbid World PvP. They just dont force people into it.

At the end i just want to follow the posts from people before me and want to say thank you, for the great change. It makes sooo much sense for everyone, maybe it also revive arena/battlegrounds a bit, since even the bad players have to que now, if they want to play pvp, instead of flying around in hellfire peninsula.

PS: begging for world pvp is also an outing for beeing a bad human and player. I am glad i can meet you in arena, on my PvP char, to put you in your place and you will miss meet me in Nagrand, finishing my arena quest, on my toon. You guys should be ashamed.
    World pvp was never fair. people who get the jump first has like a 90% chance to win even if it's the same level.
    They can even choose to engage once you're done with a mob and now at half health.
    They will only engage in world pvp if they have the massive advantage be it in numbers, gear or level.

If you think playing an unfair game is fun, you do you.
    Activate it and have all the fun you want.

Dear warmane stuff,

pls don't bring PVE realm to frostmourne - it'll kill the idea of good seasoned realm. Even on warmane x1 we got pvp - and it's working like a charm, noone beg about it. Arguments on PVP:
    1) pve realm is the best place for bots / chinese afk farmers to ruin the economy. You can't do anything to bots who farm, they'll keep aoe spots/gather nodes 24/7, nothing can't stop them. Since it's x7 even banahmmer can't be effective, cause they can always create new one and do the same.
    2) pve was unpopular options back in the days on original wow, every populated server was PVP, most of realms was PVP.
    3) PVP players would be just not motivated to play frostmourne, since they can just go blackrock. What's the point of playing realm where you can't pvp, if you got seasoned-pvp one, with the same bg/arena?
    4) turning off/on pvp flag is weak argument, since the flag is a big thing to abuse. You can scout/follow with a 2nd window pvp flag off, and you can't do anything with that - it's not fair.
    5) Since realm x7 ganking on a lvling it's not a big problem, u can always farm on dungeon, and overall u need 7 times less mobs to get to the cap.
    6) some classes will have disadvantage on lvling/farming mobs, cause they can't tag mob fast enought (warrior / rogue vs shaman for example). As pvp u can kill oposite faction and group up with yours, but what to do if enemy just pvp flag off?

a lot of ppl here complaining about pvp, season not even started and new is not on main page. Please hear the community, make frostmourne PVP, as it always was!!!
    1. You can report the bots with evidence to the warmane staff. Saying "you can't do anything about it" is just outright false.
    2. True but the game is highly optimized now and people play the game differently today. Go see how blizzard's classic wow and classic tbc are. The majority pvp servers overtime just skewed towards 1 side of the faction. Most pve servers have balance of faction.
    3. Part of the allure for frostmourne is the overtuned buffed raids. Majority people roll here to raid and progress. I doubt majority roll on frostmourne just to do world PVP. majority of players who just wants to PVP will just roll an instant 80 on Blackrock.
    4. wut???
    5. the pve doesn't just affect people who are leveling.
    6. Probably your best argument for a world pvp out of the 7. I agree with this.

8. PVE realm is big mistake, and points like "go arena/bg if you want pvp" is nonsense. I can say go raid/dungeon/city if you want pve, so?
    Sure, I would love a realm with buffed challenging raids where it's an instant 80 and we can buy raid consumables, profession mats for 1c from vendors in cities.

9. You still can do that, among other people like you. All it takes is for this claimed majority of people to keep their own PvP on and never turn it off.

I mean, if so few people really would rather turn PvE off, and such vast majority craves mutual ganking, chances that you will ever find someone with PvE turned off should be next to none. After all, it would make no sense for people wanting PvP to turn it off, and after doing that complain about lack of ganking. That would be essentially creating a problem and complaining there's a problem.

Regarding the issue with bots, it's true and we're aware that this would make them safe from being ganked, but that just means our team will have to be more on point dealing with bot reports and keeping watch, not that their presence should dictate the type of server we decide to host.
    why would someone turn on PVP when they can simply farm material they want ? :P Those fun moments happened cuz ppl had no choice to turn off pvp mode, they had to fight for spot they needed ...
    i get it and i know how necessary it is to make it as PVE server so all of your ideas about world objects and etc can work, im playing World of Warcraft for so long as u and lots of ppl on ur server are ...
    ur just killing open world pvp and u know it, at least i hope it worth it.

10. what is the point of an online PVE game? we might as well play a single player game, at least you don't have people stealing your missions

11. 1. Imagine leveling and playing a Rogue on an overpopulated PVE server. /party (no bro, for real, accept my party, need to get those 10 boar tusks)
    2. Immortal bots? ("Report them" - Do you even play on FM? That be full time job boy. Also does not reward honor.)
    3. Farming spots be looking like Event Areas 24/7 (what up rogues, again)
    4. Always wanted to /dance with Orc Females, but they so aggresive all the time. Now I can do it. I also like avocado toast and dont eat meat. Ohh did I mentioned i am vegan ? (Disclaimer: nothing against vegans, I am actually doing some off-meat weeks irl)
    5. You can turn on PVP mode. Yeah, to meet up with the other 2 dudes that did not transfer to Blackrock. (wait 1 of them already re-flagged to PVE)
    6. "LF Leveling guild" Tagger, Level 14, Rogue, Frostmourne

12. why would someone turn on PVP when they can simply farm material they want ? :P
    Because you want "world PvP"?

Why would someone turn off PvP if they are here complaining this would ruin "world PvP"? The toggle does nothing on its own. The only thing that can possibly ruin ganking is all the people who say they want to do it having it turned off, and in that case I say again: that's complaining about a problem you created yourself. Want ganking? Never turn PvP off. "Saving" world PvP is in your hands on a PvE server. Don't push it on us if you'll be abusing the toggle to be safe instead of being all the way open to being ganked yourself.

13. "Frostmourne players will be able to choose between x0.5, x1, x3, x5, and x7 experience rates."

how and when do we chose that option?

14. "Frostmourne players will be able to choose between x0.5, x1, x3, x5, and x7 experience rates."

how and when do we chose that option?
    We've created a system to do that in-game that's been around for an year.
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=433921

15. Because you want "world PvP"?

Why would someone turn off PvP if they are here complaining this would ruin "world PvP"? The toggle does nothing on its own. The only thing that can possibly ruin ganking is all the people who say they want to do it having it turned off, and in that case I say again: that's complaining about a problem you created yourself. Want ganking? Never turn PvP off. "Saving" world PvP is in your hands on a PvE server. Don't push it on us if you'll be abusing the toggle to be safe instead of being all the way open to being ganked yourself.
    toggle does nothing on its own ?
    u telling me all those fighting over a farming spot you have never saw those ?
    Sholazar famous Damaged neck Spot ?
    Borean Tundra > Amber Ledge insane herb spot ?
    fighting over a single node of titanium ?
    why would i turn on open world pvp when i cant protect or take a farm i want ?
    The Toggle does everything, Open World PVP = unfair (and somehow fun ) world when u have to fight over a single farm spot, quest or ...
    if u turn off toggle = u can easily farm anything u want on any spot u want without having to fight for it.

but as i said before i know u probably wont change these since world objects wont work on unbalanced pvp server, alliances have to have a chance too :P (i was alliance last season so i get it ! i was ganked 100 times and i still in love with those moments :) )

First ... 67891018 ... Last