1. "Frostmourne players will be able to choose between x0.5, x1, x3, and x5 experience rates."

Why are we reducing XP rates from Season 1 and Season 2? Can we please revert this back to the baseline x7 rate that was previously offered.

If anything quality of life changes were warranted not changes that prolong the leveling experience.
    "Frostmourne players will be able to choose between x0.5, x1, x3, x5, and x7 experience rates." - i think you missed the part where they mentioned x7 experience - so basically nothin changes, players can choose at which rate to level between 0.5-7 x times

2. Even blizzard understood that pve flag is bad idea, and now u can turn pvp on/off only in capital cities, and also pvp flag ON giving bonuses for those, who use it.
    Yeap, they understood so well that they removed pvp servers all together and made all servers pve with warmode function optional to those who want to world PvP.

Also proven that PVP servers are not fun in Classic wow and Classic TBC. Overtime, the faction on 1 side on the server will skew heavily overtime to almost 1 side of the faction is totally non existent in the open world as many transfer off to another PvP server where their faction is the majority or just a PvE server after regretting rolling on a PvP server.

3. Tbh, played here from before the hack happened, back when we still got double digit vote points and have many 6k+ chars here both pve and pvp. Never neen interested in playing fmourne, timewalking kind of sounded interesting, but compare that with not being able to take a smourne dk and **** some ganker up, no dice.

Wasn't much interested in fmourne this run either, but now that I hear it's pve I'm most likely going to give it a shot. Have been trying to get one of my flatmates to try wow on warmane, but she's really put off by the ganking and quit playing after a few weeks in favour of swtor. No way to get around it, she just hates the stress of being open season. Just told her today about this pve thing and now she's open to trying the game again.

So ty warmane bros at least for my part. Some ppl here qq about loss of world pvp, whatever, in my student flat this is probably gonna mean tons of hours spent gaming together. You just got your realm 2 more players. Cheers!

4. I don't see the reasoning behind removing world pvp. Low level players are getting repeatedly ganked? There is a solution to that and that is making a report since this is banable.
    Farmers getting ganked? Do you expect to have an easy life having everything drop into you hands without any struggles?
    Next season I'm sure there will be complaints that there should be vendors with ores and herbs because they are too lazy to go farm or other random excuse.
    This is not a farming game it's supposed to be a game where 2 factions are fighting one another over resources.
    How do players handle farming on Icecrown and Lordaeron where the population is way bigger and why here it's such a rough life?
    Stop appealing to snowflakes who just want to 'chill'.
    Enabling PvP Mode? Who will do that in this context? Aboslutely no one. Imagine how boring this season will be. Also good luck with bots.

5. You have destroyed the realm deciding to make it PVE, and there is no doubt.

It's easy to notice that the most of people who wanted PVE realm are the botters who wants an easier life.
    Literally, you are promoting the botters and useless afk kids that are doing nothing 24/24 in Dalaran. Now they can do nothing in world. There is a notable change, indeed.
    Do you think that you will increase the realm population getting rid of pvp players? I don't think so. The realm will be dead after 2-3 months max for sure.
    You say that pvp players can do arenas and bgs? There is Blackrock for that.
    You say that you can pvp toggle? Ofc no one will do that. I will toggle and fight with myself? Sounds innovative.
    Do you know that making it PVE it will be a one faction realm? Maybe you agree with that.

Last but not least, why didn't you make a poll to see how many people are for PVP or PVE realm? Maybe because it's your personal preference to make it PVE realm, and it's not about community.
    So, me and my guildies will move to another server unless you will change your mind and make a poll to see the community preference.

6. With all due respect, what other server is remotely close in quality to warmane? Warmane used to be a meme but is easily the best place for 3.3.5a right now by a huge margin.

Realm will be dead in 2-3 months? You highly overestimate how many people go around and do world pvp all the time and this is a stupid, 0 reason assumption based on your need to gank people.
    Some people like the whole fresh experience and don't actually care much for what the pvp is like or pve. its a way to kill time.
    PvE making it a 1 faction realm? Actually I think quite the opposite. Often one of the reasons people chose the dominant faction is just so they don't get ganked every 30 seconds by the dominant faction. PvE removes that burden.

But, it's true that some of what you said can absolutely be looked into more seriously:
    Botters need better policing. Providing evidence is awkward and a clunky way to resolve the problem. I can think of several better ways to resolve this.
    PvP toggle needs tuning. I dont think default toggle is good enough and should be adjusted. I posted about this on this thread already but in short, having at least 1h cd. Can only toggle in a city and give incentive to toggle on vs off. I'm also guessing PvP zones like Wintergrasp will have pvp on all the time.

I don't think they came to this decision out of nowhere. There must have been enough data to suggest it would be good (I assume you don't have access to how many tickets they get about people getting corpsecamped either).

I do wish that they'd have done a poll, which would be a lot clearer but I don't see this change as such a big deal for the vast majority of players.

7. I'm wondering about the cash shop. It says when enough people have obtained specific items it will be released on the shop.

How many need people need to obtain Smourne the real way before it will be put on the shop?
    Hopefully a lot...

8. I'm wondering about the cash shop. It says when enough people have obtained specific items it will be released on the shop.

How many need people need to obtain Smourne the real way before it will be put on the shop?
    Hopefully a lot...
    Let me ease your mind. Right now smourne isn't on available to buy on the frostmourne shop, and this season ends in 2 weeks. Safe to say people won't be able to buy it next season either. Most items weren't available until just before, or even after the next content tier was released.

9. How many need people need to obtain Smourne the real way before it will be put on the shop?
    staff said legendary weapons would never show up on "Frostmourne" shop.

Btw, as ExecutorNate said, in 2 weeks frostmourne's character can be moved to "Icecrown" realm (and shadowmourne is available there)

10. craaaaaaaaaaaaap

Well, there goes my fun of camping Nagrand and AoA. IMO thats what made the arena quests fun - knowing that at any moment you could get swarmed and ganked from bad guys.

It made the adrenaline kick in.

11. Everyone here whining about the lack of forced world PvP honestly prove why this change is for the best. Your arguments are so weak and it's hilarious!
    Yep. I have read the entire thread and no one has made a good point about why this is the end of the world. Especially when Warmane literallu runs like 3 other full PVP realms. And there are other WOTLK PVP private servers too.

Entitled people DROWNING in PVP realm options complaining about a single option for the PVE players? Sounds about right.

Tbh, played here from before the hack happened, back when we still got double digit vote points and have many 6k+ chars here both pve and pvp. Never neen interested in playing fmourne, timewalking kind of sounded interesting, but compare that with not being able to take a smourne dk and **** some ganker up, no dice.

Wasn't much interested in fmourne this run either, but now that I hear it's pve I'm most likely going to give it a shot. Have been trying to get one of my flatmates to try wow on warmane, but she's really put off by the ganking and quit playing after a few weeks in favour of swtor. No way to get around it, she just hates the stress of being open season. Just told her today about this pve thing and now she's open to trying the game again.

So ty warmane bros at least for my part. Some ppl here qq about loss of world pvp, whatever, in my student flat this is probably gonna mean tons of hours spent gaming together. You just got your realm 2 more players. Cheers!

Yep, this. This is going to bring all of us that are PVE preference to Warmane quick asf. Until now there has never been an option for the PVE community to migrate to the best and longest running WoW servers in the scene.

But that just arrived. And its a fresh server at that. This is going to pop off HARD when it hits, because 75% of the people claiming they won't play WILL play anyway. And a ton more of us that would never touch PVP will all be arrive fresh faced and brand new day 1.

12. When you will be analizing why this launch was not successful, dont think pls its coz ppl got tired of seasoned, you need new fresh ideas or something. The only reason is pve realm. It destroyes the whole idea of warcraft, when you cant just walk on the roads careless, you get some nerveous moments when meeting someone of opposite faction and hold your fingers on your panic buttons because you dont know for sure how this will turn out, or want to challenge everyone equal lvl around and start engaging with /charge /point and have alot of fun from all wins and loses. Its like a salt and pepper for Warcraft, without it much less ppl would have enjoyed it.
    Moreover, wpvp is the only way to learn how to pvp especially on warmane with no bgs under 80. In case if someone count bgs useful for learning at all. 80 lvl arena 2vs2? Hell no, you get no idea whats going on there without solid practice.
    Of course, you can learn pvp on other servers, but i dont get a point of this one? Why all this farm to 80 needed, if it will be pure grind without pepper and fun? Why dont get insta 80 to raids if this server is designed only for it?

13. Does anyone know when icecrown arena season ends? Is it 14th April as on frosmoutne?

14. With all due respect, what other server is remotely close in quality to warmane? Warmane used to be a meme but is easily the best place for 3.3.5a right now by a huge margin.

Realm will be dead in 2-3 months? You highly overestimate how many people go around and do world pvp all the time and this is a stupid, 0 reason assumption based on your need to gank people.
    Some people like the whole fresh experience and don't actually care much for what the pvp is like or pve. its a way to kill time.
    PvE making it a 1 faction realm? Actually I think quite the opposite. Often one of the reasons people chose the dominant faction is just so they don't get ganked every 30 seconds by the dominant faction. PvE removes that burden.

But, it's true that some of what you said can absolutely be looked into more seriously:
    Botters need better policing. Providing evidence is awkward and a clunky way to resolve the problem. I can think of several better ways to resolve this.
    PvP toggle needs tuning. I dont think default toggle is good enough and should be adjusted. I posted about this on this thread already but in short, having at least 1h cd. Can only toggle in a city and give incentive to toggle on vs off. I'm also guessing PvP zones like Wintergrasp will have pvp on all the time.

I don't think they came to this decision out of nowhere. There must have been enough data to suggest it would be good (I assume you don't have access to how many tickets they get about people getting corpsecamped either).

I do wish that they'd have done a poll, which would be a lot clearer but I don't see this change as such a big deal for the vast majority of players.
    As a world pvp lover i respect ur opinion about PVE server. i think some of ur ideas are actually true but we got to admit that game is losing lots of stuff while gaining some (world objects, etc ...).
    As i said before i hope it turns out great but personally im not going to play this season and lots of my friends are not coming too (although ill probably show up in 2-3 days afterward to play around with auction house for some weeks).
    so yeah i think Frostmourn will lose lots of ppl for this decision (maybe not at beginning but time will show its effects) and i dont really think they have big ideas about this decision... check this out from warmane staff "Why would someone turn off PvP if they are here complaining this would ruin "world PvP"? The toggle does nothing on its own"
    If this is what they really believe, I'm really disappointed since i think im arguing with someone who doesn't know how open world pvp mechanism works.
    So what i actually believe is that Warmane is working on big ideas about open world objects and if it works, it will turn out great.
    so lets hope second idea is right and you will have great pve server with new ideas :)

15. If this is what they really believe
    It's not a matter of belief, just a straight up fact.

The toggle is a neutral switch. It has no will of its own and it won't be forcing or coercing anyone into using it. Having PvP off is a conscious choice. If you actively blockade yourself from PvP, no matter how many times you say you want PvP, your actions show otherwise. It's akin to going to a party saying you want to stay sober, but the first thing you do when you arrive is drink until you're comatose, and then blame the party for having drinks on free offer.

It's people taking cover behind this "everyone else will turn it off" to have themselves set to PvE who can possible kill "world PvP," nothing else. Not the toggle, not PvE players removing themselves from PvP, not us. People who are serious about wanting ganking are invited to have themselves set to PvP and never turn it off. Who will decide if the server has active"world PvP" are the PvPers and the PvPers alone.

First ... 91011121321 ... Last