1. I think a better idea would be to keep it as a pvp server and then implement an honor system that punishes people for camping or killing people of a much lower level. This is all very possible and not a novel idea. I believe that most problems can be solved by balancing and aligning people's incentive. Another option, as others have said, would be to make it Pve, but then give some sort of incentive for people to flag themselves (increased XP, Rep, Gold). As it's looking right now, it's not in my best interest to flag as i'm immediately handing over the opportunity to set the rules of engagement and stack all of the odds in your favor.
    I forgot to mention that implementing a system that punish people for killing lowbies can be abused. Let's say that you are a high lvl farming mobs for something, and a lowbie runs to you while you are doing aoe and kills him/her, you will get punished for it. You didn't want to kill the person but you did, and are suffering the consequences.

2. Please enable RDF lvl 10 this is so boring to up lvl 15 to spam dg

3. So after days of thinking and many argues I've had here and many of you guys had, I just want to reach a conclusion, and i think these are the facts :

1- Accept the Fact that WPVP might really hurt some peaceful experience.

the Original blizzard abended us (Wpvp lovers i mean) years ago since we would have killed lowbies, hurt leveling experience (since faction balance...) and if you are a hardcore player like me, we can simply kill hundreds of low lvl characters on day 2-3 of release (which ill give u example below)
    even now that they have returned classic wow, they have invented layers which is simply a WPVP killer again, you can simply switch between layers and open world pvp doesnt really mean anything there.
    so i think the most important part of this change is to accept that it might be the right choice, even though im not happy at all.

2- the downside Warmane should take serious

First and the most important in my opinion:
    the "Fresh Open World PVP feeling" which doesn't exist anymore and Warmane brought it back to life after many years. you should consider losing some ppl by this decision ( have no idea about the numbers)
    to help some ppl who doesnt understand this feeling, let me give u some fun examples :
    on last year as i reached 80 with my lovely dwarf, I've heard alliances were asking for help since 5 lvl 68 hordes were killing any 58 alliances were entering outland (this is the example I've mentioned above :D) when i reached there, i hunted all of them and laughed straight 2 hours for keeping them low hp and letting low lvl alliances kill them instead :D
    the feeling of being god-like with fully green gears, being helpful, taking revenge of killing innocents :D you cant change that for anything :P
    and its not all about helping, some ppl like doing crazy stuff, like ganking, taking over a whole area, group ganking, attacking cities and ...
    im not saying its wrong or right, just consider losing these ppl.
    i can give u literally 100 examples like above one ( fighting with outland horde gankers on day 4, getting ganked 50 times for sons of Hodir questline :D)
    which will be gone after this change, and im just mentioning these since ill miss them :)
    (Stop saying if u like WPVP just turn the button on! it doesn't work like that !!)

3- huge economy effects

so another thing im pissed about is that i cant fight over material spots anymore. i made 100k gold in 2 weeks last season by simply having my own spot, i would simply kill other faction and bots ( its nothing against Russian boys holding Borearn Tundra herb spot :D ill miss you Striker, best hunter I've ever know :P ) and its simply gone now. I've know many ppl doing things like this so consider huge amount of bots since they cant be stopped by players now.

these are my thoughts and as i said Warmane will lose some but lets hope new ideas and new change will brings some new ppl to the game, i have decided to give it a shot, lets hope Warmane made a right choice. this was my last reply on this tread, wish you all lots of luck.

4. It must not be this way though..
    Even if they've put work into creating it, I hope they can reconsider and remove the peace mode.

5. Can someone explain the PVE realm specifics?

Hi,

Can someone actually explain in more detail how a PVE server works? People are talking about flags, ''griefing" pulling mobs into your aoe and stuff.

How do you turn it on? How do you turn it off? Which areas does not count for? How do you raid opposite faction city?

There obviously is strong reaction from the community here, maybe the staff could give more details and this will calm down people.

Regards,

6. don't let pvp die, don't let pvp end.

please come back with pvp, there is so little time for the server to launch, make the server pvp again !!

7. Don't create such a favorable scenario for bot pls

Well, apparently the community is listened to, because there have already been significant changes for S3. But what worries me is the question of the demise of WPVP. Mainly because of the game economy and experience factor. Is the argument to turn on wpvp valid for a bot? which bot will have wpvp turned on? Will Warmane be able to handle so many bots? Because gold in Frostmourne is worth much more than in Icecrown, so it's a useful market for bots. Wpvp helps fight bots and gives the game excitement and a better Wow experience, but there will always be *****s killing low lv in hell fire for example. I think punishing these *****s is something more effective than ending wpvp and providing a favorable scenario for bots

8. Noone seems to understand that probably we will be looking at 80% Horde, 20% Alliance server. Crossfaction dungs coming ?

9. Through the years I’ve seen many changes I didn’t like and I talked against them but this optional pvp I totally support. It’s best decision and best change in realms from Warmane in years. Nothing was removed and actually something was added. More options means more choice and it’s always welcome and in benefit of players.

The whole argument of people crying about it at the end reaches to this point > we don’t want other players have the right to avoid fighting us and we want them to have no choice. And it’s bad cause you want to remove the freedom of choice that has been given to other players. If it were about your rights you were right and Warmane didn’t deprive you of the ability to do Wpvp. You can flag yourself easily pvp and do it all you want.

Thank you Warmane for this big step forward.

10. Hi,

Can someone actually explain in more detail how a PVE server works? People are talking about flags, ''griefing" pulling mobs into your aoe and stuff.

How do you turn it on? How do you turn it off? Which areas does not count for? How do you raid opposite faction city?

There obviously is strong reaction from the community here, maybe the staff could give more details and this will calm down people.

Regards,
    It's very simple. On a PvP server if you enter a contested zone you are automatically flagged for PvP. On a PvE server this doesn't happen, you have to manually flag yourself by right clicking your UF > PvP > Enable. To disable its the same but you have to wait 5mins. Or you'll be flagged if you attack/buff/heal anyone who is currently flagged for PvP.

For the griefing. If you're flagged for PvP and stand in someone else's (who is not flagged for PvP) AoE, it will count as them attacking you turning on their PvP. Iirc this was fixed at some point during retail so you couldn't do it anymore. Hopefully it's not possible here too.

The reaction is from a very vocal minority, just like on any server or any game, the amount of players engaging in the forums is a small part of the whole playerbase. Most people probably don't care.

PvErs have been asking for a PvE server thats ran by a competent team and not some stock trash for a decade. We finally get one and PvPers lose their minds.

11. It's very simple. On a PvP server if you enter a contested zone you are automatically flagged for PvP. On a PvE server this doesn't happen, you have to manually flag yourself by right clicking your UF > PvP > Enable. To disable its the same but you have to wait 5mins. Or you'll be flagged if you attack/buff/heal anyone who is currently flagged for PvP.

For the griefing. If you're flagged for PvP and stand in someone else's (who is not flagged for PvP) AoE, it will count as them attacking you turning on their PvP. Iirc this was fixed at some point during retail so you couldn't do it anymore. Hopefully it's not possible here too.

The reaction is from a very vocal minority, just like on any server or any game, the amount of players engaging in the forums is a small part of the whole playerbase. Most people probably don't care.

PvErs have been asking for a PvE server thats ran by a competent team and not some stock trash for a decade. We finally get one and PvPers lose their minds.
    Thank you Dave, that makes sense. On to a new fresh start.

12. Perhaps you should get some kind of reward by enabling pvp mode, or have it always on and if you die there is a countdown for x minutes where you "enter safe mode" I think a simple way would be to make player 3 levels above or below you not able to kill you.

If anything, the peace mode should be a temporary solution for getting ganked/griefed.

I vote for pvp server.

13. You say that you have elected this time to make Frostmourne a PvE realm by popular demand - while at the same time you have close to no people in this thread celebrating this, but in fact 20+ pages of people against it.

Make this right, and revert this. Seriously.

14. You say that you have elected this time to make Frostmourne a PvE realm by popular demand - while at the same time you have close to no people in this thread celebrating this, but in fact 20+ pages of people against it.

Make this right, and revert this. Seriously.
    Even if we were to not dismiss the posts made by the same person (on one or multiple accounts), the numbers here are minuscule. Beyond that, we have been at this for over a decade. This decision wasn't made based on reading comments for a week. Players have asked for a PvE server forever, but PvPers were favored - until the coming Frostmourne season.

This thread has been through denial, anger, bargaining and depression. It's about time we arrive at acceptance already.
    The new season will start in exactly a week, and the server will be PvE, with the choice to opt-in for PvP available to anyone interested.

15. The parking lot analogy feels really reaching, tbh. This is a magic world where everyone has powers and it's incredibly violent just by it's nature. If this were transferred into our modern world, people would be getting killed over stolen parking spots too. That's a goofy thing to say. This game isn't trying to recreate some simple, peaceful, streamlined experience. It's supposed to be chaotic, and dangerous. It's the World of Warcraft. The idea that people can come up and kill you is one of the only exciting things that can even happen when you're running around the open world. The monsters are barely dangerous at all once you have any kind of decent gear. You're just arguing for a more sanitized, boring version of the game where you can just log on and do your chores without anyone bothering you. Go play Stardew Valley if that's what your into. Don't ruin it for the rest of us by crying about getting killed in an online game.

"Stop whining, vote for PVP by enabling PVP in the game and leave us PVE people alone." - This is such a dumb comment.

This skews the way world PvP operates enormously. It's now a totally different game. You've distorted all world PVP interactions. The person who is flagging themselves has so much more risk than they would if everyone is PVP. In a realm where everyone is PVP, you can proactively kill people you see eyeballing you or getting a little too close for comfort. In this scenario where you have to flag yourself, non-flagged people can just walk up to you and posture. They can troll you by tagging your mobs without you having the ability to fight back, or just staying around so you can't get to low while they have absolutely no risk. It basically turns everyone into a rogue. You, as the non-flagged person get to pick the rules of engagement which gives you an enormous advantage. All this leads to is nobody PvPing while leveling because the risk far outweighs any "reward" of having some fun. To act like it's totally the same "just flag up" is dishonest or ill-considered.

It's not spoiled toy say that this extremely impactful update to the game makes me not want to play. It's a very big change to the game. As i said in a previous comment, the different between WPVP in PVP servers in Normal/PVE servers is pretty enormous. The dynamics around world PVP are inherently changed when it's optional. If you don't understand that, i don't know how to help you. My point about comparing the games, is that i feel as though people are trying to turn WoW into a very sterile, almost single player, type of game. It appears that you don't want to deal with any chaos or randomness in the world. The game is pretty stale without the world PVP aspect and the random violence that can occur between two people who just pass each other on the road. Everybody out in the world has the same danger and sense of alertness. Of course i could just flag myself and wonder around, but then i'm putting myself at a big disadvantage.

I think a better idea would be to keep it as a pvp server and then implement an honor system that punishes people for camping or killing people of a much lower level. This is all very possible and not a novel idea. I believe that most problems can be solved by balancing and aligning people's incentive. Another option, as others have said, would be to make it Pve, but then give some sort of incentive for people to flag themselves (increased XP, Rep, Gold). As it's looking right now, it's not in my best interest to flag as i'm immediately handing over the opportunity to set the rules of engagement and stack all of the odds in your favor.
    I feel bad for you, you're typing so much true things and have so many good points, I can tell you care a lot for the game.

The sad reality is we lost, and the "FlAg PvP If YoU WaNt PvP"-people somehow got what they wanted..

First ... 11192021222331 ... Last