1. Vanilla fishing & Oily Blackmouths

Oily Blackmouths are one major source of fishing botting everywhere (not just Warmane). They are need for arguably most powerful potion in the game and can be easily farmed by firing up a bot in Wetlands or Hillsbrad Foothills.

What if it worked differently tho? What if Oily Blackmouths could only be found in fishing schools. Attach them as an extra drop to all types of vanilla fishing schools (just like Pygmy Suckerfish in Northrend) and it would be very difficult to bot it but it will give players a reason to ride around and look for schools in a bunch of zones instead of just afking in one spot for hours.

I hope you actually consider it cause I like looking for and fishing from schools but its objectively worse than just standing in one spot and fishing for Oily Blackmouths right now and that's so boring...

And maybe the useless drinks that can be fished out from schools could be removed from loot table cause they really ARE worthless because anyone over 65 can get an infinite supply of highest quality Rumsey drinks from Old Hillsbrad Foothills dungeon. Every time I fish one out instead of a treasure chest or oily blackmouth I die inside a little.
    Edited: April 4, 2022

2. There are like 3 stacks total in AH, what are you talking about. If botting was such a huge deal, there would be 30 pages of them posted.

3. There are like 3 stacks total in AH, what are you talking about. If botting was such a huge deal, there would be 30 pages of them posted.
    Botters don't sell the fish itself, they sell Free Action Potions made from it, and there's a lot of those on those auction house. It wouldn't make much sense to sell just fish when you can get more value with Potion Mastery specialization instead.

4. The way to deal with bots is to report them, not use them as an excuse for a custom change.
    Same goes for loot tables, we don't make custom changes because "most items are worthless." Bad loot is part of the randomness.