1. Alliance domination in open world?

Hey guys!

I've come back from a longer break and now im playing daily basis on Icecrown. From my experience alliance brutally dominates everywhere in open world. Do you have any faction ratio information or what happened with horde? It was so easy to find a good PvP guild in Alliance however when im on my horde alt i cant see any PvP community in horde rlly.

I've experienced that too in alliance ppl stick together way better then in horde. (I was always played horde mainly and still i need to admit that)

Sorry for poor english.

What are your experiences guys?

2. Here's faction statistics: https://www.warmane.com/information
    I wouldn't call Alliance ganking lowbies everywhere and Horde ignoring them "dominating".

3. Alliance is more PvP oriented, thus they seem to "dominate" wPvP. Alliance is often the wPvP instigator and Horde is usually reacts to it, if at all. Also Alliance attracts more PvP players, so they do have numbers on their side. Horde players don't care about as much about PvP.

From what I've seen from both sides, Alliance is playing bit more by numbers as well in wPvP (or there just happens to be more Alliance wPvPers at the scene 90% of the time).

4. Every PvP guild moved to alliance due to Mercenary mode giving faster que times for bg plus they get to play with double trinkets on humans for arena. Meanwhile the majority of PvE players go horde for their better racials so they are easy pickings for gankers in wpvp especially with basically no one to challenge them.

5. Alliance by default is more suited to pvp due their insanely good racials (shadowmeld, double trinket.) and like Maximus said, merc mode allowed them to play with these racials on bg s with minimal waiting time which is a great bonus. Though despite these good racials, allies tend to fight by numbers rather than playing fairly. Most of horde players just dont care and the few who actually tries to do something gets ganked the second they try something. And lastly, I almost never see an alliance to go wpvp without outgearing his/her opponent. We may have wpvp here but qualitywise its disgusting, I feel like %95 of the times that its just mindless zerging.

6. :') thanks for the laugh. alliance is full of new players BiS geared who bought their toons. pvp guilds on alliance? u mean pve guild bg premades ? often new players are being taught that you must go alliance if you want to pvp coz of racials and whatnot. this is wrong. pvp racials are useless and there is dozen pvp videos (guild pvp wars) which proves
    that skill>racials... alliance domination :')

7. Care to tell us where to find those "skilled" horde players in the world? Tanaris = alliance playground, nagrand arena = same, zul drak arena = same, hellfire peninsula = mostly same, but you can see some horde resistance sometimes. Right now there is a group of alliances that farm people that try to enter the wintergrasp. Oh before forgetting, never saw horde groups camping alliance camp on wintergrasp but alliances are almost 7/24 at our camp there. And apart from wpvp, heres the pvp ladder http://armory.warmane.com/ , only 2 horde teams amongst 50 teams. True that skills>racials but doesnt mean all those people get these bonuses without actual skills.

PS: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=443996 , check the title, its Horde players that qq for being farmed, not the opposite. Warmane had to change tp location to be inside of the fort instead of infront of the gates after a while. And the sec they reverted the change, alliance came back.
    Edited: April 16, 2022

8. Care to tell us where to find those "skilled" horde players in the world? Tanaris = alliance playground, nagrand arena = same, zul drak arena = same, hellfire peninsula = mostly same, but you can see some horde resistance sometimes. Right now there is a group of alliances that farm people that try to enter the wintergrasp. Oh before forgetting, never saw horde groups camping alliance camp on wintergrasp but alliances are almost 7/24 at our camp there. And apart from wpvp, heres the pvp ladder http://armory.warmane.com/ , only 2 horde teams amongst 50 teams. True that skills>racials but doesnt mean all those people get these bonuses without actual skills.

PS: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=443996 , check the title, its Horde players that qq for being farmed, not the opposite. Warmane had to change tp location to be inside of the fort instead of infront of the gates after a while. And the sec they reverted the change, alliance came back.
    Alliance teleport location from dalaran portal is moved inside the chamber, while horde location is still outside.
    That's why 4-5k gs dungeon geared horde are still being camped there by 40 alliance
    And yes racials doesn't matter for wpvp/battlegrounds like they do in arenas. Can say that horde have better racials for wpvp/battlegrounds than every man for himself. Do you really think that this effect will help you if you're stomped by multiple bis geared in any way?
    In battlegrounds/wpvp you have at least 9 people behind you who can dispel or mitigate enemy with cc till you're safe and 10 in front with big set of different cc effects so yes you're more than fine playing without it and focus on useful racial + good trinket procs/effects if you're horde player
    Same goes for alliance
    nElf > Human always. Shadowmeld helps you more - enemy lose you as focus/target which is helpful if you're healer, you can smeld+drink too for few seconds on intense fights to regain some mana asap and continue.
    This is simply not arena environment so please don't compare both worlds

9. In what universe you think that you are backed up by 9 people in wpvp as Horde? Go check these locations I listed and try to fight them off if you can gather enough people by chance. And the racials may not directly affect largescale battles but these racials are what that lures pvp oriented players and someone who does pvp have higher chance of doing wpvp. Majority of those players are either humans or nelves and as OhieMitzen said, they are the ones who initiate fights most of the times. And most of Horde just doesnt care.

Tldr: Arena/duel part even if its not related to wpvp affects pvp player to join alliance and combined with merc mode it causes unbalance, horde lacks pvp players.

"Alliance teleport location from dalaran portal is moved inside the chamber, while horde location is still outside." Idk alliance but for horde it was opposite, we were getting tp ed inside since they changed it after massive qq ing from the thread I linked.

10. May 4, 2022  
    We're all players here and just want to share my opinion as someone who's been mainly playing as alliance. You never know how hard it is to win in BGs when multi-boxer enter BGs. There were plenty of times that we lost Wintergrasp battle because there would 2-3 multi-boxers that would join it. I don't think it's fair, but what can we do since we're not calling the shots. Also, this cross-realm with Blackrock players is not doing "us" Icecrown players any justice, since they could get their BiS gears by just grinding arenas in 1 month. That and the merc mode created a lot of imbalance since people will not be convinced to raid or buy items, but rather just skip the hard work and create instant 80 toons with 5k+ GS in Blackrock. Just my opinion and peace to all of you.

11. May 7, 2022  
    :') thanks for the laugh. alliance is full of new players BiS geared who bought their toons. pvp guilds on alliance? u mean pve guild bg premades ? often new players are being taught that you must go alliance if you want to pvp coz of racials and whatnot. this is wrong. pvp racials are useless and there is dozen pvp videos (guild pvp wars) which proves
    that skill>racials... alliance domination :')
    Literally the entire PvP rankings arena page is full of alliance players with a few exceptions. But go on Horde fanboy, facts don't care about your feelings

12. May 7, 2022  
    Literally the entire PvP rankings arena page is full of alliance players with a few exceptions. But go on Horde fanboy, facts don't care about your feelings
    Well it's also the most toxic, filled with e-drama, e-thottery and general degeneracy aswell. I have been on both sides in PvP guilds and Alliance is better at Arenas, i will give you that but they are also some of the worst people i have ever met in my entire life.

13. May 10, 2022  
    Is there any PvP guilds on horde side? I started to "hate" Alliance because i dont have higher pvp achi then 1550 in Warmane. Tbh i was never playing seriously here ever. However i hit 2,2k+, all bracket 2k+ even rated bg on Retail and i was Rival like 4 times. Im not a braindead, antisocial moron who cant play with others. Ive met a lot of arrogancy and childish behaviour at Elwynn forest while dueling. Of course there were + examples also.

I lack time so i just having fun atm but i rlly want to join a community with PvP minded, social ppl to play rbgs, wpvp or just hanging around with.

What i was seeing in wpvp is what ive mentioned. Alliance totally dominating but also farming tons of low lever players or bullying farmers. (also corpsefarm, 2-3-4/v1 etc). Fact is i prefer nelf racial for druid. (Im a Boomkin with 6,1k gs)
    Edited: May 10, 2022 Reason: Edit

14. May 17, 2022  
    I just leveled up as alliance - and it is a nightmare. Horde is everywhere and always ready to join the fight no matter what gs you is. But alliance is just watching how you've been pawned by 6k gs dude and just fly elsewhere. Planing to switch the race. F for Alliance - they just AFK Boting.

15. May 17, 2022  
    PVP is not about the arena - PVP is about fights in the open world and locations. Even if Ali wins BGs (not sure about that) - its imposible to get mining lear or lvlup as aliance in open world - because all aliance afk near stormwind or dala while horde killing everything they see in open world

12 Last