1. Please give us the inside info scoop, single player realms - when?
    Not soon enough, in my personal opinion.
    A single player version of World of Warcraft could make me finally play it from beginning to end.
    Just not having people acting like they have some sort of "birthright" to impose their fun by ruining others' would make it an automatic success.

2. Fun is what we get while we climb the hierarchy to get above other players in it.
    Why is the guy doing quest in WG, obviously to become stronger, richer and better than other players. Killing other players is purest form of it, it's not a birthright, it's the fabric of the world. We even literally GET REWARDED for killing other players.

I'm not sure how deep in a rabbit hole we may or may not be operating here, is this a troll topic or what. Really confused.

3. You might want to take a step back.
    You're sounding like you lost touch with this being a game that people play for entertainment, not a lifestyle.

4. It's humans doing things humans do. I understand things tend to go "mainstream", congeal into even grey mass and tick as many boxes as they can to get as many players as possible. No wonder any "unscripted" spark in it blows peoples minds and they go nuts about it and ask is it against the rules already.

It's more of a philosophical question for me, I just want to understand. But all I got is "ruining peoples fun", whatever that means, I guess killing 10 elementals and coming back is something special to do in a game. I guess I really need to take a step back.

5. My little opinion is that the fortress in WG, the area with walls, should be a safe players for the faction that controls it. Put some anti-flying defenses, strong guards everywhere, make it seem like that faction actually controls it and if the opposite faction really wants to PVP there, they better organize a proper 40 man raid to do so.

I also think that vanilla cities should be have a "forced PVP" event in case 40+ opposite faction players enter the city so it feels like an actual siege and everyone has to fight or run! It would be so much more interesting for everyone if all of a sudden you became attackable in Orgrimmar or Strormwind because real danger has showed up. But, if such a thing were ever to became a reality then there should also be counter measures such as guards becoming stronger every few minutes to ensure the city can't remain besieged all day. Have a little pvp fun once in a while, a little chaos for everyone, but not all the time.

6. all I got is "ruining peoples fun", whatever that means
    It's an extremely simple concept, even kids can be seen identifying what's fun and what ruins their fun.

In the case of games in general and WoW it becomes even narrower: if your fun relies on not only forcing people into something they have no interest on, but also creates obstacles for them to do what they'd rather be doing, you have fun at the expense of other people's fun.

7. That's pretty much like starting to build sand castles on train tracks, then complaining that the fun was ruined by mean train who didn't stop.
    We all know that when we go into world to have fun, someone will whop our *** sooner or later. What if it is fun exactly because of that? If your fun can be ruined by 40 seconds corpse run.. well what does that tell us?

8. If you have to ask that, it tells us you just want to shift the blame, which does fit with the fallacious analogies that try to paint the situation as some sort of "inevitable consequence," instead of the one-sided choice it actually is.

9. That's pretty much like starting to build sand castles on train tracks, then complaining that the fun was ruined by mean train who didn't stop.
    We all know that when we go into world to have fun, someone will whop our *** sooner or later. What if it is fun exactly because of that? If your fun can be ruined by 40 seconds corpse run.. well what does that tell us?
    You can't convince me you actually enjoy 40v1 players for 8 hours a day.

10. If you have to ask that, it tells us you just want to shift the blame, which does fit with the fallacious analogies that try to paint the situation as some sort of "inevitable consequence," instead of the one-sided choice it actually is.
    All right, lets just list the facts, skip the assumptions

1. Player willingly enters territory where he can be killed
    2. Game rewards killing other players
    3. Players like to kill enemy players
    4. Allied player amount on the same battlefield increases strength dramatically

"inevitable consequence" is truly a perfect way to describe it

and it's not one sided choice at all, one side decided that risk of going into PVP zone to enjoy fun was worth it
    other side chose to take a risk of being killed when they challenged the enemy player

I don't understand why are you pretending like it wasn't designed that way, it's fine like that, threatening world enhances everything. No one came here to kill 10 elementals on production line where everything goes according to the plan, they came here to be entertained. Do you have some orders from the top to start to condition playerbase for realms swithching to PVE next year if Frostmourne goes well, whats the deal?

You can't convince me you actually enjoy 40v1 players for 8 hours a day.
    Well we can't AFK in Dalaran, we get kicked. So you pay corpse run "tax" for having smol pp being unable to kill a bunch of afk dudes.
    Edited: April 19, 2022

11. Complaining on the Forum won't accomplish anything, unless you just want to vent.
    Make proper reports in-game if you want action to be taken against these people.
    Is camping WG spawn bannable?

12. You need to understand that you have the power to defend those questgivers. What makes zero sense is thinking that moving spawn point was "a fix", while actually it was a "pause" to evaluate whats going on with all the yelling and wintrading.

By your logic people should be banned if I can't win a single BG in 5 hrs straight. Or I try to go into enemy capital and they keep killing me.

The game is clear to you - make your raid group and defend this territory as it is intended, instead of trying to pull some cards and win by pulling something from behind the 4th wall. Play the game, we all have the same limits and same rules.
    What really makes zero sense is being so delusional (or bad faith) to argue that anybody has the power to defend a mob that gets about 2-shot, just to argue in favor of *******s.

All right, lets just list the facts, skip the assumptions

1. Player willingly enters territory where he can be killed
    2. Game rewards killing other players
    3. Players like to kill enemy players
    4. Allied player amount on the same battlefield increases strength dramatically

"inevitable consequence" is truly a perfect way to describe it

and it's not one sided choice at all, one side decided that risk of going into PVP zone to enjoy fun was worth it
    other side chose to take a risk of being killed when they challenged the enemy player

I don't understand why are you pretending like it wasn't designed that way, it's fine like that, threatening world enhances everything. No one came here to kill 10 elementals on production line where everything goes according to the plan, they came here to be entertained. Do you have some orders from the top to start to condition playerbase for realms swithching to PVE next year if Frostmourne goes well, whats the deal?

Well we can't AFK in Dalaran, we get kicked. So you pay corpse run "tax" for having smol pp being unable to kill a bunch of afk dudes.
    Player willingly enters a zone where he can get killed, but usually alone and not in a raid group. Are you arguing that everybody teleporting to wintergrasp should do so in a battle-ready raid-group so they can counter the initial onslaught and maybe have a chance to fight back? That would be illogical as they can't POSSIBLY know that there are people camping there at any given time?

Also it is a raid entrance area where people go, usually PVE geared... Or should anybody go there with PVP gear to stand a chance of surviving their way to the fortress portal, WHICH is usually the main place being camped?
    Edited: April 20, 2022

13. What really makes zero sense is being so delusional (or bad faith) to argue that anybody has the power to defend a mob that gets about 2-shot, just to argue in favor of *******s.
    It's a fact that you have to fight for things in this game. Thinking otherwise is delusional.

Player willingly enters a zone where he can get killed, but usually alone and not in a raid group. Are you arguing that everybody teleporting to wintergrasp should do so in a battle-ready raid-group so they can counter the initial onslaught and maybe have a chance to fight back? That would be illogical as they can't POSSIBLY know that there are people camping there at any given time?
    It's a good idea to do everything you can to survive when you go to hotspot like that. Expecting some protection or exemption, because "I'm PVE" "Idon't have a raid" "next excuse" - is absurd and delusional.

Also it is a raid entrance area where people go, usually PVE geared... Or should anybody go there with PVP gear to stand a chance of surviving their way to the fortress portal, WHICH is usually the main place being camped?
    There is no way you should be able to survive such a rat attack. Next time you and your raid group instead of using portal 1 by 1, you fly there, rally behind some wall, buff up and try to do a surprise attack. But it's clear that you rather teleport there, get ganked and go on in your raid instance. So why are you complaining here, why do you want staff to destroy another aspect of the game?

14. There was no need to double down on the blame shifting. All you did with that was come one "she deserved it" away from saying the same thing people do when blaming a girl in a mini-skirt for the sexual assault she was a victim of. Barring the very rare case where someone has a personality disorder that either makes them unable to understand boundaries or to resist impulses despite understanding what they're doing, people make an easily avoidable conscious choice to ruin someone else's fun. The blame is wholly on their shoulders, not on "the environment" or whatever other excuse someone might try to come up with.

Do you have some orders from the top to start to condition playerbase for realms swithching to PVE next year if Frostmourne goes well, whats the deal?
    I've been here for over a decade and have never hidden my opinion on PvP, nor has it ever changed.

Is camping WG spawn bannable?
    Read what I was replying to in the post you quoted.

15. No no no.
    So a girl wears miniskirt and walks trough land where culture is to rape every girl they see, that is known to her beforehand. Then she is surprised by the logical and obvious outcome. Should have traded that miniskirt for 10 armed guards instead of going for Darwin award.

I understand you are playing devils advocate in a sense, but this example is just too far out.

First 123 Last