1. Is it true that spellhancement in wotlk is a good dps contrarily to enhancement?

hello there, I wanted to ask a few things about shamans:
    I tried ALL the dps specs in wotlk, but enhancement is easily the most fun dps, it's hilarious to play
    The problem is that it's apparently bottom tier dps in 3.3.5... so that's a bit of a bummer
    Now on the upside, apparently, for 1-2 years people have been creating the "spellhancer" build in 3.3.5 which you mentioned in this video...and that's kinda why I searched for a spellhance guide on youtube (thank god for private server theorycrafting) and it seems like it actually does better dmg
    So here are my questions:
    -If I want to do good damage as an enhancement shaman on warmane fresh or stormforge AND in wow classic should I go spellhancer build? What kind of damage will I do, and does the rotation change?
    -Will it work in classic wotlk too, meaning spellhancement will be the way to go and will be competitive dps-wise, or do you think it won't work, and we'll have to use the basic enhancement build (meaning we'll do crappy dmg as, again, I've heard that the basic enhancement build is bottom tier dps)
    -is the basic enhancement build that bad in terms of dps compared to all the other specs in the game in wotlk?

I absolutely love enhancement, and its playstyle, it's so much more fun than most of the other dps specs in 3.3.5 but I'd like to be able to deal ok dmg in wotlk, so I just hope that spellhancement will be good both on pservers and classic wotlk.

Thank you very much !!

2. As far as I'm aware Spellhance is highly gear dependant and only viable in end-game gear.

3. Also, with how nerdy classic "fans" min-max everything they can, they'll never let you get viable spellpower parts, passing them to regular casters

4. Not sure about other patches but in 3.3.5 spellhance deals slightly less single target DPS but a bit more aoe DPS compared to the normal enhance build. So after all spellhance is a bit weaker since single target DPS is more important.
    It's actually not true that enh is bottom tier dps. Most players just don't know how to play it porperly. In fact it's dmg is mediocre till good when you know how to gear and play the spec.
    Here a example of a skill enh beeing rank 3 in DPS on LK 25 hc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfS1QZCkxGs

5. Well played 6k gs+ Enh with proper tracking of procs/trinkets (capitalising on huge AP for wolves, knowing when to pop Fire Elemental, etc.) does very respectable ST dps, with cleave that ranges from moderate to very good (spellhance).

6. Are you talking about end game-content?
    This can be very misleading information. There are many good guides about this, but I recommend this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsizOsYyAoY

The reality is, spellhancement is way superior in first tiers (7 and 8) and you go Enhancement after tier 9. So if you are playing Endgame server (Icecrown) there is no reason to play spell.

7. Not true sir. I've tried both multiple times on ICC25 HC full clear, and can attest that spellhancement is as good on most fights, and better on LOD. Playing on Lordearon btw. Basicly almost ideantical on single target ( just tiny bit worse, but most of the time you wont even notice the difference) and for sure stronger on 2 or more target fights.
    If you wonder what kind of dps it's doing please check out my yt channel at Sharpshady WoTLK :> and keep in mind its Lordearon, so people deal 30% less dmg to bosses, 30% less healing and got 30% less HP in ICC.
    You will be somewhere in thwe middle of dps charts most often. 1-2 fights rock bottom. 1-2 fights close to the top. It's totally worth it tho. SUper fun. Rotation (priority list) is almost the same. just fire nova might be higher than stormstrike if debuff is already applied

8. I played both bis endgame gear enha and spellenha. Spellenha is way better in aoe dps. In single target spellenha is still better, but just a little better.
    For example: i do approximately 18k dps at DBS with enha spec, with spell enha i usually finish above 19k.
    So not mutch change in single dps damage. But in aoe situation like LOD second phase or Halion HC spell enha is surely more viable in term of utility for the raid and in damage overall.
    I never played spell enha before i was bis, so i don't know if is worth to play without bis gear.
    Finally, normal enha si funnier to play for me, spell enha is a little boring.
    Edited: May 1, 2022

9. May 1, 2022  
    I played both bis endgame gear enha and spellenha. Spellenha is way better in aoe dps. In single target spellenha is still better, but just a little better.
    For example: i do approximately 18k dps at DBS with enha spec, with spell enha i usually finish above 19k.
    So not mutch change in single dps damage. But in aoe situation like LOD second phase or Halion HC spell enha is surely more viable in term of utility for the raid and in damage overall.
    I never played spell enha since i was bis, so i don't know if is worth to play without bis gear.
    Finally, normal enha si funnier to play for me, spell enha is a little boring.
    You said you played both bis endgame and then you finish off by saying you never played spellhance since you were bis?

10. May 1, 2022  
    You said you played both bis endgame and then you finish off by saying you never played spellhance since you were bis?
    Sorry, i mean *before i was bis

11. May 5, 2022  
    Spellhance is the only viable enhancement spec/setup for the entirety of the game. Anyone who says differently is an Iceclown that's 10 years behind the meta. The type of people to say "lol whats pregnant paladin." Windfury is 100% useless outside of leveling 1-80 on a fresh realm.

12. May 5, 2022  
    Spellhance is the only viable enhancement spec/setup for the entirety of the game. Anyone who says differently is an Iceclown that's 10 years behind the meta. The type of people to say "lol whats pregnant paladin." Windfury is 100% useless outside of leveling 1-80 on a fresh realm.
    You do realize that spellhance perform roughly the same as classic enhancement in the second part of the extension (and is even slightly behind traditional enha or even arpen enha in most of ICC) right ?
    Not just on icecrown btw

And it's not the "meta" that's changing, it's because you're playing on a CUSTOM warmane server putting 3.3.5a values and patches into Naxx, which creates a compeltely new scenario that we didn't have 10 years ago.

10 years ago people wouldnt play spellhance in Naxx because it would be legitimately inferior in all aspects to normal Enhancement.
    Without the successive buffs to shaman that occurred in 3.1.0, 3.3.1 and 3.3.3 spellhance would have remained subpar, which is the reason it wasn't played. And by the time 3.3.0 rolled, new ICC gear meant that "normal" Enha was > Spellhance

13. May 6, 2022  
    Do please elaborate on spellhance. Never actually seen one, and not knowing their DPS capabilities. All I see is numbers that can be taken with grain of salt. Without videos (or images) it's bit hard to know how capable they can be.

Also anything can be good DPS, once BiS. The problem is how they fit in the 25 man meta. People like to **** on BDK/FDK DPS because reasons. BDK usually gets the "Hysteria would be better put elsewhere" and FDK gets the "DK tank with Ice Talons, no need for FDK". Enhancement Shaman is the same. Totems don't stack with other meta classes' buffs, and DPS is maybe comparable to other (more useful) classes. So why should Spellhance even get a raid spot?

Do teach us Iceclowns how to play the game that we, Iceclowns, definitely don't farm multiple times a week.

14. May 6, 2022  
    the only difference between spellhance and enhance is that spellhance does more aoe dmg and enhance does more single-target dmg.

if you are bottom dps with enhance, it isn't the spec's fault, you are not playing it correctly. i can show you a screenshot of me doing 17k dps on saurfang 25hc in 6.1k gs as enhance if you need evidence.

15. May 6, 2022  
    It's been the only way to play Enhance for 2-3 years straight now. The fact that you've never seen one validates my point about Icecrown players being dogs for the most part. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8B47WuON5U LoD Spellhance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_gEycD2MMg Saurfang Spellhance not even using Fire Elemental Totem. These are old vids and the guy isn't even Troll in full 284, could be a lot better even.

12 Last