1. It doesn't even involve bosses... LK fight, first phase. If OT doesn't taunt Shambling Horror (which more than likely one-shots shaman tank due to lack of armor and stamina), raid will wipe.

2. Look at the talents enabled by it.
    Talents that won't matter because everything you do deals 30% less threat. Guess what is the #1 priority of every tank? Hold threat. #2 is surviving. And shamans are failing at both.

People who don't know how to circumvent not having Taunt, should not be doing fights that require Taunt.
    Tell me how you never tanked WotLK raids without actually telling me.

Leeching? does an undergeared warrior asking for Blood Pact leeching?
    Why on earth would a warrior ask for Blood Pact? They have Commanding Shout. If they need the extra hp they will use CS. If they don't,they can go with BS if there's no might for melees.

Earth Shield does not stack with Lightning Shield.
    You are correct in this one,that was my brainfart.

Just to be clear,we're talking about WotLK and not tbc which no longer has servers on warmane.

3. OP, not all bosses follow the "tank and spank" principle. In some encounters, you have mechanics that require taunt swapping between the MT and the OT.

Examples:
    - Toravon (VoA) - both tanks need to swap the boss after certain amount of stacks.
    - DBS (ICC) - if a tank has Rune of Blood, the other needs to take over.
    - Festergut (ICC) - this can be solo-tanked, but the MT still needs to have a taunt macro after removing the stacks with Divine Shield.
    - PP (ICC) - tanks need to swap the boss in the last phase, else he will kill the MT and heal.
    - Sindragosa (ICC) - again, tanks need to swap her after certain amount of stacks unless you can somehow solo her w/o having any good defensives.
    - LK (ICC) - iirc, Soul Reaper requires taunt swapping.
    - Baltharus (RS) - the boss splits into two @66% and 33% HP, and you need to taunt him/his clones.

Those were just some examples from the last patch - I can mention bosses from the other content phases if you want. In other boss encounters, tanks take a heavy amount of damage, and imho shaman tanks might not be able to withstand it. So, the issue is not just holding aggro, but also dealing with certain mechanics.
    Think a little more about how a shaman tank can do taunt swap fights, it's very simple.

4. He can do such fights being desicated healer or DPS?)

You still didn't provide ANY valid proof for claim about "tanking" shaman.
    And if you refer to Earth elemental + Ghost wolfs as taunt, it is beyond miserable > they die to one regular hit from boss, with 10 and 3 minutes cooldowns. How it gonna help in fight where you need to taunt each 40 seconds? Or any other accident? Remember, you can't blame DPS for dying to boss since your build provides dog poop threat levels that can be overtaken by anybody without effort.

So please, stop trying to act like "pro" and mislead new players.
    Edited: July 25, 2022

5. Think a little more about how a shaman tank can do taunt swap fights, it's very simple.
    Oh master, as your loyal subjects we wish you to enlighten us! We are but mere specks of dust compared to your brilliance! Teach us, we humbly beg you.

6. Think a little more about how a shaman tank can do taunt swap fights, it's very simple.
    Mate, I would kindly advise you to stray away from sarcasm and from general responses when replying to other people. It doesn't defend your statements in any way. The guide you've written is not about a different playstyle or a different talent build for a dps spec, whose performance doesn't affect the outcome of a boss encounter. This thread regards the tanking role, for which there are a lot of responsibilities to consider. The rest of the 9 or 24 people rely on you doing your job properly so that the group can progress. If people are stuck on the first boss because the shaman tank can't acknowledge mechanics like the rest of the tanking specs, then it's really not the dps's fault for that happening. It's the spec that has no real tools to do the job optimally.

If you disagree, then my advice would be to present us with proof. At best a video of you tanking in ICC or in RS, showing us what we need to do in order to deal with the boss mechanics. This is the most effective and productive way to defend a theorycraft - with actual numbers and with videos, showing that your idea is viable. Other people have pointed out the flaws of this spec. Yes, some of them have used a mocking tone in their posts, but that doesn't make their arguments invalid. In fact, I would like to defend their reaction because you dodge the essential critique - survival, threat, and boss mechanics. You don't give a concrete information what someone needs to do in a specific boss fight. This does not speak well for your theorycraft.

So, my personal tip to you is to accept the constructive feedback and to acknowledge it properly. Again, this thread regards a role with a lot of responsibilities, so it's essential that you present accurate information.
    Edited: July 25, 2022

7. Soon home and will be happy to answer questions!

8. Soon home and will be happy to answer questions!
    Stop bumping this silly thread, please. You haven’t answered any questions so far. And I doubt you can.

9. OP can you please show your "genius shaman -tank that was slept over for years" tanking actual content with competitive DPS classes? Because even Arms warrior can pull aggro from DK tank at start of fight, not to mention Fmage who pre-casts Pyroblast...
    I didn't say it's going to be easy. Hence you need to on top of your game to succeed, for example making sure Misdirection is present, hots buffs are present, etc.

10. I didn't say it's going to be easy. Hence you need to on top of your game to succeed, for example making sure Misdirection is present, hots buffs are present, etc.
    Still waiting for an answers for several questions you got asked. When will you be home?

First 12