1. May 1, 2022  

No love for Prot Warriors in raiding?

Hello,

Im a lvl 74 prot warrior and someone in a dungeon told me that I should respec before 80 to fury because prot warriors are bad here (meaning the server or wotlk) and that no one will invite me to ICC because Im prot.

Is that true?

I don't want to be forced to play just 1 PvE spec all the time.

Thanks

2. May 1, 2022  
    Talking strictly about ICC -> Your chances to get a spot as a tank are next to non existent.

Prot Warriors are considered borderline useless except for very niche use (like tanking adds in RS or blocktanking togc).

If you manage to get a spot in a decent guild you "might" be able to play prot to have some fun here or there, but in pugraids or guilds considering themselves "serious" you're probably laughed at for considering prot warr a thing. Same is true for quite a lot of specs though, warrior isn't the only class suffering that fate.
    Edited: May 1, 2022

3. May 1, 2022  
    Talking strictly about ICC -> Your chances to get a spot as a tank are next to non existent.

Prot Warriors are considered borderline useless except for very niche use (like tanking adds in RS or blocktanking togc).

If you manage to get a spot in a decent guild you "might" be able to play prot to have some fun here or there, but in pugraids or guilds considering themselves "serious" you're probably laughed at for considering prot warr a thing. Same is true for quite a lot of specs though, warrior isn't the only class suffering that fate.
    But is this because they are bad in the expansion or Warmane? or Lordaeron ? How are they in Frostmourne then?

So your advice is to switch to Fury? are Fury warriors seeked in pve?

4. May 1, 2022  
    But is this because they are bad in the expansion or Warmane? or Lordaeron ? How are they in Frostmourne then?

So your advice is to switch to Fury? are Fury warriors seeked in pve?
    It's because they are outshined by every other tank in this expansion (end-game atleast) so in comparison they are "bad". They are still playable but you'll take more damage than other tanks and there's really no reason why any group should risk that. Fury warriors are top tier DPS in the expansion end-game.

5. May 1, 2022  
    It's because they are outshined by every other tank in this expansion (end-game atleast) so in comparison they are "bad". They are still playable but you'll take more damage than other tanks and there's really no reason why any group should risk that. Fury warriors are top tier DPS in the expansion end-game.
    Are druid feral tanks good?

6. May 2, 2022  
    Are druid feral tanks good?
    Yes bear is fine.
    Basically any raid prefers a Dk/Druid maintank and a Paladin offtank.

As reply on the original post:

Warriors are fine for tanking in Wotlk, there is just a huge stigma on this server that they suck.

Sure any other tank is better at it's core.
    But a competent prot war with a raid that has 5 braincells can clear any content.

7. May 2, 2022  
    It's because they are outshined by every other tank in this expansion (end-game atleast) so in comparison they are "bad". They are still playable but you'll take more damage than other tanks and there's really no reason why any group should risk that.

Fairytail of warname due to bad players and streamer. Streamers who play pwar like a dk or palatank so ofc it's not working.

Pwar is viable, they have pros and cons like every tanks. They don't take more damage than others tanks if you know a bit how to play this class. The way people are feeling that it's because they took more damage due to how they heal and tank (*skill) and most of time they took bad hit (that heppend for all tanks). It's a really complexe stuff to explain because you have to compare all tanks, stuffs, abiliity, ..... how blizzard made it and how warname power up bosses. Anyways at one point whatever the class there are inevitable damage on you.

* For that you need to use the right spell at the right riming. Witch it's impossible in this server due to low skill. Yes it's made it more complicate tank to play. You even need to switch your stuff in function of bosses to be 100% efficience. Except kelesth all bosses are doable. he is almost impossible on lordaron due to how they buff it and stacking orb don't work. Meanwhile with dk, palatank most of your tanks "stuff" are passive.

I Main tank in icc 10 (nm, 4hm), and 25 many times on Lordaron. Took many screenshoots of damage done on me (skada and recount) always took less than others.

But yes I suggest you to not tank as pwar due to the players base who 'll ignor, moke you, give you dumbasses advices,.... Really a pain to find a raid.

** btw if the pwar take few change like gaining old ability (spells effect, stuff effects,....) or the stackable buffs. the class became op.
    Edited: May 2, 2022

8. May 2, 2022  
    Yes bear is fine.
    Basically any raid prefers a Dk/Druid maintank and a Paladin offtank.

As reply on the original post:

Warriors are fine for tanking in Wotlk, there is just a huge stigma on this server that they suck.

Sure any other tank is better at it's core.
    But a competent prot war with a raid that has 5 braincells can clear any content.
    So this is more like a Lordaeron thing. People don't treat warrs like that on Frostmourne or other servers?

9. May 2, 2022  
    So this is more like a Lordaeron thing. People don't treat warrs like that on Frostmourne or other servers?
    It's not really a lordaeron only thing. It's a proven fact warrs are the least desireable tank when it comes to ICC, since they're the most inconsistent of the four tanking classes. Like literally nobody cares about the average damage a tank takes in icc - otherwise nobody would ever use a bear. It's mostly about just surviving stuff like sindra breaths, soul reapers and other spiky damage.
    And no, it's not about some random "low skill" thing. Heck we've done literally everything on lordaeron with a protwarr as MT as well for the fun of doing it - it's just garbage due to how the class works and what's important in the actually "tough" fights in ICC.

It's like resto druid vs other heals. It's just 90% of the time worse than using another option due to how mechanics in ICC work, not because nobody would know how a resto druid works.

For Frostmourne it's a different story since the realm is progression based and a lot more time/attention is focused on pre-icc and dungeons. Warrior is great in about 95% of the content there. The only raid where you really fall short is ICC (and RS, unless you're tanking adds).

10. May 2, 2022  
    most inconsitent.

Yes and No as I said all tanks took damage whatever they do. How war tank "work" the base are still the same since the beginning of wow. Before no one complain about it, they deal with it create strats, healers,... On Wotlk it's change a bit due to others tanks, nerf and it's become way more easier to use powerlel of paladin and dk. Lordaron is a bit diferent due to "custom" bosses. Many times players here use bug,.... to do bosses aka gunship, Di,.... And when they fix it most of pug even guild raid failed to do more than 2 bosses.

Your feeling about inconsitency is because war tank is an avoidance tank. That mean dodge, parry, block. Dodge and parry are powerfull you take 0 damage. (Yes i 'm aware of Dr) So yes sometimes you took and hit follow by an another bad hit.
    On ICC the debuff made it a bit more complicate but the thing peoples forget is others tanks are affect too.
    Every tank on this server praise the EMPH (here we can discuss how and why), so the way they build their tank they have low dodge, parry,... with the debuff they have almost 0. So they take more hit and more damage. The feeling of "strong" is only due to talent like ardent defenser witch allow a bit of tempo for healer. Here we can discuss about healer for pwar.

I really think there is and try to play on an other way than most of pwar play (not aggro spe). I find others war tank play like me on youtube video but it's rare (most of them tank halion HC on shadow) and idk why.
    Futhermore I have never see a palatank, palaheal share is def cd with others tanks to complete and got a full def rotation cd.
    sindagrosa is different because you need a particular stuff to tank it.

Never have this "garbage" feeling. Somes people /w me because they was surprise. "??? you not got destroyed"

11. May 6, 2022  
    Protection Warrior is the worst spec in the game and it is completely unplayable. You would rather bring a Sub Rogue, BM Hunter or Frost Mage to a raid than a Protection Warrior. Doesn't matter what patch, doesn't matter what content, doesn't matter what server, doesn't matter if all of your healers have Valanyr + full 284 BiS and the Prot Warrior is in full 284 BiS, Protection Warrior is unequivocally horrendous.

12. May 6, 2022  
    Protection Warrior is the worst spec in the game and it is completely unplayable. You would rather bring a Sub Rogue, BM Hunter or Frost Mage to a raid than a Protection Warrior. Doesn't matter what patch, doesn't matter what content, doesn't matter what server, doesn't matter if all of your healers have Valanyr + full 284 BiS and the Prot Warrior is in full 284 BiS, Protection Warrior is unequivocally horrendous.
    No need to spread misinformation, spec may be weaker but never unplayable. Our prot warriors are tanking halion/lod every week as mt s.

13. May 6, 2022  
    "Our Prot Warriors," sounds like you're not exactly a good source on anything WotLK-related.

14. May 6, 2022  
    No buddy. Prot warr is totally fine to tank any encounter in WotLK. If your raid can kill LK 25hc only thanks to argent defender of prot Paladin, your guild as a while is far from being any relevant source of WotLK raiding content. Warrior is best tank up until ICC.
    Also, you've successfully removed any validaty of your claims. Your Pwarr is MT - use ahield block on every Soul Reaper nto pass it. Your Pwarr is OT? Use intervene + Safeguard talendlt for 30% dmg reduction.
    So if your guild total **** that rely on OP classes to progress through raids - only garbage here is you guys.
    We can talk about it for whole evening, but real fact is that LoD is doable even with Pwarr. So your claim automatically becomes irrelevant

15. May 6, 2022  
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1475828787?t=2h52m38s

Yesterday' raid with pwarr on inside tanking, though no inside footage. It seems very WOTLK to me.

123 Last