1. May 2, 2022  

Addon Support for Classic WoTLK

What you guys think about classic WoTLK addon support from devs, do you think we're gonna get way better addons with their quality and up-to-date support?

I'm just wondering if we can use the said addons on Warmane.

2. May 2, 2022  
    Classic wow uses a different client (I believe it uses the legion client). The addons and macros built for that client are not compatible with the version of the game that wotlk uses unfortunately.

3. May 3, 2022  
    Maybe private server scene will use the fresh WoTLK client, so we could get the optimized performance and addons. Yes, I'm that optimistic. :)

4. May 6, 2022  
    Playing on Warmane already has some pretty big perks (hardcore content, dungeon finder, 24/24 online players, paid services, being free to play, and the list go on).

I think switching to the Classic client might actually trigger Blizzard into taking some measures... Because that way there will be literally no (practical) reason to play on Blizzard anymore xD

5. May 6, 2022  
    Maybe private server scene will use the fresh WoTLK client, so we could get the optimized performance and addons. Yes, I'm that optimistic. :)
    It's very likely that the new client would cause server side changes and likely break compatibility with older clients, so everyone would potentially need to redownload it, make sure it runs while current wotlk client runs on basically anything made in the last 15 years. Not worth it for the new addons.