1. May 9, 2022  

War mode when?

War mode on frostmourne giving a 10% exp/gold gain boost to players who enable pvp will allow for the most enjoyable environment.

Those who want to pvp can activate it and enjoy free exp/gold, and those who don't want to pvp are incentivized to participate. Of course those who are REALLY not in the mood to be ganged up by the other faction's 5 man party group can always deactivate it. The ability to relax and play WoW is something warmane has been missing for so long, and is the reason Frostmourne this season is so much bigger than it has ever been. So lemme repeat.

War-Mode when?

2. May 9, 2022  
    On Frostmourne? Likely never. Unless it became a regular server, then perhaps.

The topic of some benefit for having PvP turned on was discussed among Staff, but, without going into further details, giving a bonus like you suggest was quickly discarded. Frostomourne is competitive seasonal server after all. Any mechanical advantage like that would essentially force every player wanting to be competitive to take part in PvP, and that isn't something we want.

3. May 10, 2022  
    You can easily have a war-mode-like active on all the regular servers and allow for people to get away from the pvp without having the entire server go pve. Maybe a 5% exp boost on lordaeron as it's "Hardcore" and a 10% boost on icecrown

As for frostmourne, you would simply deactivate war-mode for a few weeks after a new patch is released

4. May 10, 2022  
    "War-mode" is making a server PvE. The only real difference was people who turn it on got their own "phase" and did't interact with PvErs at all, something I don't know how feasible or practical it would be to implement to that scale on WotLK.

I'm pretty sure there would be a lot of whining if we turned Icecrown or Lordaeron PvE (even if labeling it "war-mode"). Just look at what making a fresh Frostmourne season PvE caused, even if all the doom-saying was predictably incorrect. As for Frostmourne, I already said giving that sort of bonus was set on the table, and discarded. It gives an advantage to a style of playing on a progressive server, and, once more, the decision was that we don't want that. Having it turned off for certain periods doesn't change that, the impact is reduced, but there's still impact.

5. May 10, 2022  
    -So what insights do you have behind why frostmourne is the most popular warmane server by far now?
    -I'm sure the fact that it's the first and only available PVE/Normal server experience warmane has available plays a big factor.
    -Of course, there's a solid amount of people who want forced pvp because they like the griefing and terror/aggravation caused by lvl 80s one-shotting low level players, but there's also a majority of players who really like forced pvp because of the small and few-inbetween fair fights between horde and allies.

-Why not address griefing and give in-game GMs the authority to do something about obvious griefing situations?

6. May 11, 2022  
    Because policed PVP isn't PVP. That would be PVGM. Blizzard listened to complaints similar to yours and destroyed retail WoW in record time. Warmane fortunately learned from their mistake and didn't repeat the past.

7. May 12, 2022  
    Because policed PVP isn't PVP. That would be PVGM. Blizzard listened to complaints similar to yours and destroyed retail WoW in record time. Warmane fortunately learned from their mistake and didn't repeat the past.
    My bad, I didn't know. Please continue terrorizing players on Lordaeron/Icecrown as those 2 servers die and all the available PVE servers flourish.
    *Cough* Frostmourne *Cough*

Facts are facts and Frostmourne is the most popular warmane server now more than ever, is completely dominating icecrown let alone Lordaeron, and it's the first PVE server ever available on warmane. People are desperate for a PVE server and are tired of being terrorized by forced PvP.

8. May 12, 2022  
    Facts are facts and Frostmourne is the most popular warmane server now more than ever, is completely dominating icecrown let alone Lordaeron, and it's the first PVE server ever available on warmane. People are desperate for a PVE server and are tired of being terrorized by forced PvP.
    The current popularity of Frostmourne isn't mainly because it's pve. It's more along the lines of grabbing RF titles to sell them later on Icecrown,it's fresh(so hype which will settle down later on),WotLK classic has been announced(so it's nice for training before the real thing) and an easy way to make coins from selling toons/gold early on. Most likely we will see a dropoff of population towards the middle of each "patch",especially after Ulduar.

9. May 17, 2022  
    You're delusional if you believe the existing pvp rules are deterring more players than a new custom pvp rule would. You even referenced Warmanes PVE servers as where disgruntled players are relocating....great! Thats why warmane has pvp and pve servers. Don't PVE my PVP.

10. May 17, 2022  
    That's not facts lol what are you talking? Icecrown server has been here many years, 7 i guess? I don't even know...PvE frostmourne is here 1 month peaking numbers..it's gonna slow down later on as guy above said...people are making chars to sell / gold / chasing titles/ first realm etc...i personally am playing on frostmourne and already sold chars there only to buy some bis items on my main server, Icecrown. And I guarantee you there are hundreds of people doing the same...

Also wpvp isn't only about 80s killing low level (I'm highly against it an I would like to implement some PvE mode for under 80 level people, but that's again hard because you have 79 or 70 twinks that would run with PvE mode).
    But, wpvp is about killing anyone you see you can kill...ofc you are not going voluntarily to attack 38k full bis SM decked 15buff stacked boring plate user, but you will ambush someone killing mob with 60% hp. That's how wpvp works. You can't make it fair. Wpvp always win a guy who initiates it, that's how it is, how it always been. And war mode or pve mode isn't really a solution...as someone said in frostmourne discussion, who wants wpvp just turn it on and kill other people who wants it as well...but that's not wpvp, I can log BG for this if i want to only pvp vs full bis characters, but i was earning my EQ hard also, so i can stomp and one shot people in open word. It's been core part of the game from the start. If you divide servers for PvE / PVp you gonna end up like blizzard with one faction population servers, which is already slowly happening on frostmourne, where you have around 60/40 and alliance is already whining about transfers to horde because, doing pve on ally side, just suck right now.

11. May 17, 2022  
    It has nothing to do with the realm being PvE. It was like this the 1st two seasons. It's a new toy for some, business opportunity to many, and RF challenge for a lot of players. The realm being PvE only only provides some comfort for those who would get ganked (repeatedly, because it's too hard for some to counter). The realm's attraction doesn't lie on open world exploration, questing or (w)PvP. Its main attraction is within instances where no PvE realm status has no effect in. PvP is just fun side-hobby/distraction at best for most players.

So now Horde, the superior PvE race, is left unchallenged everywhere, as Alliance can't really engage them in PvP thanks to realm being PvE with obvious PvE focus (again, raids). PvP happens, but not so much.

Frostmourne is like car dealership that sells cars, and few motorcycles. We all know the cars are main focus for the majority of the customers, because they either don't like motorcycles, or they need the car more for other reasons. E.g. driving around the year, needing more than 2 seats, general safety, etc. so naturally, people will buy their car, while still glancing back at that delicious Kawasaki Ninja 250R and imagining how much fun driving one on beach roads on warm summer evening. Instead, they get their car and live in happy little bubble thinking life's great while their dog, named Amber, just pooped on the rear seat.

12. May 18, 2022  
    The realm being PvE only only provides some comfort for those who would get ganked (repeatedly, because it's too hard for some to counter).
    Please explain how a level 20 counters a level 80 BiS Rogue ambushing and camping them.

Frostmourne is a welcome breath of fresh air for those of us that just want to level in peace and play PvE, but if Warmane isn't planning on making some sort of PvE server an option long-term, either through repeating Frostmourne's PvE status, a permanent PvE server, or some sort of War mode, then it'll lose a significant amount of its recent population influx as people realize that there are PvE options elsewhere where they don't have to deal with gankers. Disagree all you want, we'll see what happens if Warmane decides to make PvE a priority.

13. May 18, 2022  
    It is funny how some random newby tells Warmane staff that he knows what will benefit server more than them having all needed data.
    Right now NOTHING stops any side to enjoy PvE, raids are not open world. So please, put your retail soyboy "i follow best leveling guide that exists for 10 years and attracts all sorts of WPvP enthusiasts" stories aside and face reality.
    You are trying to bend server and shape it in your vision. Ppl tell you that they DO NOT want it - you keep saying how they are wrong etc. If it is not delusional double standards, i doubt you are capable of any logical decisions.

14. May 19, 2022  
    Please explain how a level 20 counters a level 80 BiS Rogue ambushing and camping them.

Frostmourne is a welcome breath of fresh air for those of us that just want to level in peace and play PvE, but if Warmane isn't planning on making some sort of PvE server an option long-term, either through repeating Frostmourne's PvE status, a permanent PvE server, or some sort of War mode, then it'll lose a significant amount of its recent population influx as people realize that there are PvE options elsewhere where they don't have to deal with gankers. Disagree all you want, we'll see what happens if Warmane decides to make PvE a priority.
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=444918
    Read comments from page 10 and tell me if people want a PvP server or PvE server ;) people want what they can’t have :D
    (First few pages are people complainig about only x5 xp rates, which was a miss information should have been x7 as it is. )

People was crying about Frostmourne becoming a PvE server and nobody would play on a PvE server…

15. May 19, 2022  

What you don't like is ganking, not the healthy part of (w)PvP.

Your counter to ganks is to change zone, character, game or do an instance.

I'll give you alternative to your fear of being ganked by a BiS Rogue. Semi geared Warrior, Paladin or a DK goes to your quest hub, or could be any class to be honest. Be it Tarren Mill, Duskwood, Barrens, Darkshore, and decides to enable their PvP status. You're safe there, cowering behind PvP protection. You think there's no other way to impede your game play? How about they destroy your quest NPC's, repeatedly? What are you going to do? Are you going to wait till they leave? Are you gonna log your main, bring it there, and try to PvP against somebody who actively participates in PvP? Do you think you, Mr. Love and Peace, can win them in a "duel"? He has all the PvP experience accumulated by his side. You have basic class knowledge. So there you are, either dying or facing a brick wall as you can't progress onward. What are you going to do then? Oh yeah, probably it's best to change zone, character, do an instance or switch games for a bit. Well, funny how it as the 1st thing I suggested as an counter to being ganked.

PvP enable or not, it didn't save you from bad feelings.