1. May 29, 2022  
    Shamans just have terrible talents and gear. Enh is crippled by all the armor pen on mail gear while Ele last set bonus is atrocious you get two extra ticks of flame shock and few elemental masteries while Mage in comparison for example gets many free pyroblasts without gear and their gear set gives them occasional 12% haste and 18% additional mirror image damage. Blizz clearly just had no idea what they were doing with shamans. They just feel like a discount fire mage as ele and a discount frost dk as enhance
    Edited: May 29, 2022

2. May 29, 2022  
    Well anyway, I finally finished all the preliminary stuff for starting my Shaman, and they are born. Milktheutter, level 1 Femtaur Shaman. Elemental Main, Restoration Off.

Starting with:
    Devout Aurastone Hammer: +30 Spellpower Enchant
    Mystical Pauldrons of Elements
    Mystical Vest of Elements: +4 All Stats Enchant
    Swift Hand of Justice
    Discerning Eye of the Beast

4x Frostweave Bags
    7x Netherweave Bags

Gave her enough gold to cover profession training and new spells at the start, and to unlock all 7 of her bank slots to transfer all the mats for her future Engineering:

160 Copper Bar
    160 Bronze Bar
    160 Iron Bar
    160 Mithril Bar
    160 Thorium Bar
    160 Fel Iron Bar
    160 Adamantite Bar
    160 Cobalt Bar
    160 Saronite Bar
    160 Rough Stone
    160 Coarse Stone
    160 Heavy Stone
    160 Solid Stone
    160 Dense Stone

Whatever else she needs to shore up Engineering when I'm ready to start taking it, I can mine or buy later, but all the core materials she will need are now transferred and banked.

Professions: Herbalism, Alchemy, Cooking, Fishing, First Aid.

Herbalism will eventually be the one dropped for Engineering, once I build up a sufficient stock of potions and flasks for raiding.

Otherwise, she's all ready to go. Now it's just a matter of playing her and leveling her up when I have nothing to do on my Prot Pally.

First 123