1. May 13, 2022  

Rogue Talent tree - Leveling

Hi guys,

I have been struggling with leveling as subtlety, so I decided to change it to Combat, since I heard it is the fastest spec for it.
    Does anyone have a guide with some tips for this spec? I have allocating the points myself, but I wanted to check if I am doing it correctly.

Thanks

2. May 13, 2022  
    Basic talent setup of level 80 works just fine. Unlock the talents in order of how you feel they could be useful.

If you use heirloom weapon(s), you may choose weapon specialization talents accordingly. If you don't, you may consider ignoring those talents (you never know what type weapon might be your next upgrade) or stick to one specialization, in that case I'd go for either daggers or sword/axe.

3. May 13, 2022  
    But what do you mean basic talent setup?

4. May 14, 2022  

5. May 14, 2022  
    Copy paste from my own comment on Reddit:

https://wotlkdb.com/?talent#fGe0ooxZMgVo0cxsru0gRt - Here's a standard leveling build, you first pickup the combat talents then work into assassination. You can move some points around from "Hack and Slash" into other talents in combat you see fit. And you can also move some talents from "Improved Poisons" into "Vile Poisons", "Lethality", or even "Blood Splatter." Important to mention that with this build you need to dual-wield swords/maces/axes NOT daggers!

https://wotlkdb.com/?talent#fGxcoegoVboZ0xVbxMxoMZLb - This is a back(front)stabbing build that I'm still experimenting with. The whole point of it is to maximize the damage your "Backstab" ability does (because "Sinister Strike" damage is awful). This build purely works because frontstabbing/frontshredding works on Warmane, otherwise it's unplayable on servers that don't have spell batching(?) (probably retail Wotlk). I wouldn't recommend this build at the moment. It is still being tested. As for now, I believe this build might come on top for the early levels (<60) but after that it probably evens out with combat/assa in terms of leveling speed.

Edit 1: Of course with both builds you're going to respec when hitting 80 into an appropriate build. These builds are purely tailored for leveling.