1. May 13, 2022  

Armory add defense to stats

Hey

Would be cool to have defense rating showing on the stats, like ingame.

2. May 14, 2022  
    +1. I like knowing when someone is gemming "RNG"(essentially) and is probably a bad tank.

3. May 14, 2022  
    . .
    Edited: January 1, 2024

4. May 14, 2022  
    Gosh.. allways same thing. Resilience = damage from players. Not from PvE.
    So make defence and resilience. Maby PvP combined. (There is allways 1 paladin calling him self def capped when using pvp gear in resi.)

5. May 14, 2022  
    . .

6. May 14, 2022  
    Resilience is a character attribute that reduces all damage taken from players and their pets or minions. This is the bread and butter PvP stat. The reduction has no effect on the damage taken from mobs. Says every source for 3.3.5. So If you find something then please.

7. May 14, 2022  
    Resilience is a character attribute that reduces all damage taken from players and their pets or minions. This is the bread and butter PvP stat. The reduction has no effect on the damage taken from mobs. Says every source for 3.3.5. So If you find something then please.
    Resilience does decrease the chance to receive a critical strike in PvE. It also reduced damage taken on early retail Wrath, but that was nerfed. The two are separate functions.

8. May 15, 2022  
    Last time I had a tank hard gemming defense, going for like 600 def in ToGC25, he kept dying by adds like no tomorrow. Ever since then I started paying attention to tanks and their gemming defense or not - every single tank who went for weird def rating + xyz gems to satisfy insignificant socket bonuses has been a disaster for me. So yes, seeing as people have solidified def rating gemming as a symptom of idiocy, I'd like to be able to see that in armory instead of adding yet another addon to my already pointlessly large addons list, or doing quik mafs on the spot...

9. May 15, 2022  
    . .

10. May 15, 2022  
    Nope. Was a prot paladin with enough gear to get def cap just from the gear itself, yet he kept hard gemming for it and in turn get oneshot by adds.
    But back to the point. Seeing *an accurate* printout of defense on the armory would be a nice addition.

11. May 15, 2022  
    Nope. Was a prot paladin with enough gear to get def cap just from the gear itself, yet he kept hard gemming for it and in turn get oneshot by adds.
    But back to the point. Seeing *an accurate* printout of defense on the armory would be a nice addition.
    You need 668 defence rating to reach 5,6% and you need it for raiding, or even for HC.
    -Druid get 6% from talents.

Going over that is a waste, but crit immue is not all, armor, HP and general avoidance is also needed :) but crit immue is a must!

12. May 17, 2022  
    You need 668 defence rating to reach 5,6% and you need it for raiding, or even for HC.
    -Druid get 6% from talents.

Going over that is a waste, but crit immue is not all, armor, HP and general avoidance is also needed :) but crit immue is a must!
    general avoidance is trash, and is only good on icecrown in 30% raids when your hp is well over 80k and it takes like 8 seconds of not being healed AND not using any CDS to die as a tank, and 1 holy light from an hpala will pop you back to full hp anyways.

Flat Damage Reduction + Hp/Armor + crit cap is how a good tank should gem/gear for.

13. May 17, 2022  
    general avoidance is trash, and is only good on icecrown in 30% raids when your hp is well over 80k
    No. Nobody gems avoidance for ICC. Maybe some bit clueless fresh tanks, until they're told to not gem for avoidance. Gemming for defense is ok only if you need to reach the cap, otherwise not.