1. May 17, 2022  

Retri Pal vs Unholy Dk for BG

Hello everyone, would you prefer Retri Paladin or Unholy Dk just for random battlegrounds? Gear is irrelevant in this comparison.

2. May 20, 2022  
    I'd say they are equally good in 10/15 man BGs but UH DK is better in 40 man BGs. Melee classes often struggle in large scale fights because they run in first and then get focused by all opponents and die. Dk can avoid that by gripping single opponents to seperate them from their group and he can spread his diseases on groups of opponents to deal massive AoE dmg.

3. May 20, 2022  
    I have both, not at some high insane pro 2500+ arena level, but I do ok in BGs and I have more fun on my DK. It's a new class in wotlk, it's got grip, chains, ghouls and you can self heal. It's a fun class. I'd rather have a paladin by my side when I run in on my other characters cause they have a ton of utility, but I'd rather run in with a DK cause I still find it fun.

4. Ret is the way. Simple and straightforward to play. Instant cast and no need to set up for a kill. Burst on demand (wings + trinkets + other gadgets). This allows you to better read the map and focus on the objectives. There is also a high skill cap for teamplay when you are ready for the next level. A good hand of freedom, cleanse, hand of protection... etc. (there are many more) can turn the tide of battle or even win the game. You will be more dependent on a healer as a DK, though absolutely deadly if you have one.

5. with a paladin is much more easy to get the killing blow so you will end in the top kills in almost every bg
    dk is more for going solo and crush all caster in 1vs1