1. May 18, 2022  

Warmane and upcoming 3.4.0 wotlk client

Dear players, as many of you know Blizzard has built entirely new 64-bit only clients for its wow classic and classic TBC releases on legion/bfa client and is continuing this trend with the 3.4.0 WOTLK client. Since original wow, tbc and wotlk only supported 32-bit clients, it was impossible to use modern clients to play on private servers - 64 bit clients cant communicate with 32-bit private servers.
    Very recently, this situation changed! As you can see in the reddit thread below:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/...lassic_client/

These guys managed to run new clients and then translate 64 bit data into 32 bit data to communicate with private server while using new client. Only thing is, it does not work on private servers that use Warden protection. So I wanted to know if warmane uses Warden and if it does, could there be a fix for warden to work with the app to let players play on 3.4.0 client.

2. May 18, 2022  
    You are forgetting that everything else is different too. Where previous client said "Hi" the new one says "Hello there, I'm here to talk about about your car's extended warranty". So it's not just that there's more data, it's also different.

3. May 21, 2022  
    Yeah Warmane will always be 32bit, it's not just like flicking a switch.

4. May 21, 2022  
    Client and server don't have to be both 32 or 64 bit to communicate, it's the least important component of the communication. There's no need to rewrite the entire network part of the server just to support the new client which will definitely be more buggy at first.

5. May 23, 2022  
    It'd be definitely pain in the *** for developers. Literally no reason to change whole system just to get few more FPS than players used to get.

6. May 27, 2022  
    You don't want the 3.4.0 Client on Warmane. You think you do, but you don't.

7. May 27, 2022  
    It'd be definitely pain in the *** for developers. Literally no reason to change whole system just to get few more FPS than players used to get.
    I wouldn't say "just a few more FPS" seeing as how I got 40 FPS in Dalaran with modern hardware.

8. May 27, 2022  
    Its not just more FPS, classic client is way more stable and feel infinity smoother to play on. Also it support all modern textures for addons.

But i agree way too much work and i am not sure the gains will be worth it.

9. Getting a Wotlk 3.4.0 can be good because we can get :

- Better interface
    - Better addon
    - Better maccro
    - Fresh API so modders can create better graphics patchs because the old API is too restrictive

If we could get this private servers can definitely improve his lifetime, and after that, we need a better way to make our own servers easy because playing with unbalanced racials, specs etc (that this serv doesn't care) is enough in 2022.

10. Ah I sure hope this happens. But I don't hold my hopes high. It requires an amount of work that I don't think anybody can do because of how small the community is now compared to how it was when mangos was born.

11. Old is better. They made classic worse with their new interface changes. Please dont do it to warmane too

12. Old is better. They made classic worse with their new interface changes. Please dont do it to warmane too
    UI addons to the rescue. Nothing new there.