1. May 18, 2022  

for Lordaeron, I think my character is gone

I haven't played since 2017 and am extremely excited to come back. I had a lvl 80 holy paladin but I think it has disappeared? I'm currently downloading the client right now but when I go to the armory/ shop and select Lordaeron and than go to select a character the list is empty. Can someone please help me get my character back. His name was Zamaroth(I'm fairly certain) he was level 80 holy paladin had just started raiding. Please help me get him back!!!

2. May 19, 2022  
    It should be in the game. It can't be seen on armory as it's flagged for a rename.

Inactivity Cleanup and Gold Squish for a healthier economy

3. May 19, 2022  
    I dont see on my character list it says Lordaeron (1) like it's saying there is a character on the realm but the list is empty.....how do i rename him?

4. May 19, 2022  
    The character list in-game is empty? Then there's no character to rename. You sure it's not on different realm/account? Go check if there's anything suspicious at https://www.warmane.com/account/history e.g. unusual login, coin gifts etc.

5. May 19, 2022  
    nope last time I was on was in 2017 and I tried an email recovery in 2018 because i was going to play but then my laptop went bad and I'm pretty sure I didn't make any more than 1 account

6. May 19, 2022  
    Apparently I did have another account and I actually remember the username now that I did a recovery. I just entered all my emails and pressed recovery cause I wasn't sure which email it was but that account is empty as well. I know I didn't have more than those, there's no way. both of them say (1) for lordaeron. See back in the day I forgot all my info and one of the devs changed my info for me to a new username/email. could that be something to do with it?

7. May 19, 2022  
    He definitely got deleted some how. I know for a fact I don't have any other accounts because I checked all my emails. This really.....I put so much time into him

8. May 19, 2022  
    This is boobear1573 the other account that I'm sure Zamaroth was on. Both accounts are empty except for blackrock naked pvp elf which I dont remember. Is there no way to resolve this? I don't see any option in support ticket, contact us leads to nothing...I dont know what to do

9. May 19, 2022  
    From what you're describing - up to an elf on Blackrock you don't remember creating - it sounds like someone used your account during the years you were inactive, which would explain the missing character. It's very common for an account to be emptied when a third party gets access, they sell and mail what they can, delete the rest.

10. May 19, 2022  
    but there was no excess to my account. no password resets, no requests, no email changes, etc. Probably not even going to start another character if I can't get him back

11. May 19, 2022  
    If the account is inactive or they don't plan to keep using it, they often don't bother with any of that, just clean it up and abandon. The fact a character you didn't create was there should be a major red flag in that direction.

We don't do any sort of character deletion beyond the very limited cases covered by our clean-ups, and a level 80 character wouldn't be affected by it, so it wouldn't be something started by us. The only other cases a character can vanish like that are if they are manually deleted from within the account or sold with Trade in the case of premium accounts.

12. May 19, 2022  
    So is there something that can be done? If it was manually deleted then you can restore it?

13. May 19, 2022  
    So is there something that can be done? If it was manually deleted then you can restore it?
    only if deleted in th epast 30 days:
    https://www.warmane.com/account > services
    Select realm > Currency:Points/Coins > Character restoration
    You should be able to see a list of characters you can restore. (deleted in the past 30 days)

14. May 19, 2022  
    figures. awesome. all that time. wasted.