1. May 21, 2022  

Get rid of mammoths

I don't know about horde, but on alliance there is a number of festering sphincters who will get on a mammoth and stand at a mailbox in a fashion that makes it very difficult to target. They will intentionally pick mailboxes at high-traffic spots, like just outside the AH or the bank. Then they will AFK. For hours.

Can something be done about this? If this isn't "disrupting gameplay", I don't know what is.

2. May 21, 2022  
    Is this a tall people's problem I'm too gnome to understand? I can always see the mailbox when they stand on top of it cause my PoV is close to the ground. :D
    Edited: May 21, 2022

3. May 21, 2022  
    Easy to circumvent, and you have many optional mailboxes around. Nothing will be done.

Btw, those AFK mammoths are funded by the Draenei. They're forcing players to use Exodar as their new AH/bank hub.

4. May 22, 2022  
    Years ago this was reportable for disrupting gameplay, should still be an easy report

5. May 22, 2022  
    Years ago this was reportable for disrupting gameplay, should still be an easy report
    It was reportable, doesn't mean it was bannable. Dude could get banned only if he singlehandedly blocked every mailbox in a single city, not if he blocks one. Not to mention you have to be a ****** not to be able to zoom in the camera and be able to click on the mailbox regardless.

6. May 22, 2022  
    Life hack, go into 1rst person mode and walk into the mammoth, you ll see the mailbox

7. May 23, 2022  
    the solution to this problem has been made already by warmande , downside is only on black rock
    if you ever checked that realm you will find that when you come close to a NPC there is like an invisible circle around the NPCs that you cant go through and it stops your character from standing on the NPC , only if we can have something like that on the AH in dalaran as well ... or not being able to open portals in the portal spots for the horde / alli because i have screenshots of a mage spamming portals ontop of the orgrimmar port in dalaran and other places as well

as for the mailbox problem specifically i know that the easy fix to it is just to zoom in but , imo, its an inconvenience for the player thats just playing normally just because someone else is being an ***hole. i have seen alot of players using the mamoth to block off the mailbox thats next to the AH orgrimmar and few of them were taurens for bigger player model and a couple of these taurens took it even further and used model enlarging buffs

it would be SOOOO much easier and convenient to just add once of these invisible circles from blackrock to just one maibox thats the closest to each AH in org / stormwind/ironforge

8. May 23, 2022  
    it would be SOOOO much easier and convenient to just add once of these invisible circles from blackrock to just one maibox thats the closest to each AH in org / stormwind/ironforge
    Then people would also ask for these circles in TB, UC, SC, Darnassus, Exodar, Dalaran, Booty Bay, Gadgetzan. But why stop there? Give that same protection to every single mailbox, because expectations of consistency. Also, now you would potentially get more mammoths around mailboxes (also mammoth models would go through the invisible walls btw) to block it even worse. Worse, how? Mammoth is invisible if you're inside the textures, but now there's another mammoth you'd need to see through. So all that work, only to be annoyed again.

If zooming in is such an inconvenience, maybe you should make your own MOLL-E.

9. May 23, 2022  
    I know how to kill people who aren't flagged for pvp. This would be very useful for AFK mailbox blockers but Warmane would probably ban me for using game mechanics too intelligently.