1. May 21, 2022  

"of the [blank]" gear missing stats.

I purchased Wrangler's Wristbands of Power from the auction house which has +10 attack power, once I got them from the mailbox the stats are completely gone. Equipping them has no effect on my attack power in character stats menu.

When someone else inspects me, the stats are correct. And when I link the item in chat the tooltip shows the correct stats but when I mouse over in my bags there are no stats and equipping does nothing.

I saw multiple threads about this dated a few years ago with no replies from staff.

2. May 22, 2022  
    Anybody have any input? Something I can do?
    I already know that a GM won't do anything but I'm hoping there's a solution other than "don't use the auction house next time".

3. May 22, 2022  
    You're probably talking about green items with RNG stats(not quest rewards, but random drops). In which case, what you're seeing is probably just a visual bug.

4. May 22, 2022  
    Absolutely not a visual bug. The missing stats are not accounted for in the stats section of the character pane because they don't exist.
    No amount of relogging, addon disabling and WTF folder clearing has any effect because the problem is server-side, not client side.

Bug report ID#21327 from 6 years ago has this issue flagged as "fixed" which is clearly not the case.

5. May 22, 2022  
    On which server is that? MoP?

6. May 22, 2022  

7. May 22, 2022  
    Oookay, have you tried unequipping all your gear to get a baseline melee hit and then equip said item to see if there's any actual difference? Because what you're complaining about used to be an issue on cata+ private servers, where the stats on the item wouldn't display(don't remember about the char window) but they would actually work and it was indeed just a visual bug.

8. May 22, 2022  
    Yes that's exactly what I did to confirm that it's not just a visual issue.

9. May 23, 2022  
    Well in that case it's time for a bug report. :)