1. May 24, 2022  

Why use CE in pvp?

I use CE in pve on mobs and they take less than 2k damage each, it's very minimal AOE dps in dungeons and with such a small single target "burst" to it, I can't imagine it does that much damage in pvp like people think it does.

Someone told me it does 7-10k in pvp and that's not been my experience. In PVE I can see clear as day how weak it is.

It's questionable to blow up my ghoul AND spend 40 Runic Power doing so, just to do 2-3k damage when a Death Coil would have a better effect.

2. May 24, 2022  
    For Pve CE sucks obviously.
    Idk about you but for me it deals 5-7k in pvp. 10k is overkill, so whoever told you that probably over exaggerated. It CAN crit, but it happens very very rarely, though 12k crit is nice when it does.
    The damage depends on your ghouls hp, which in turn depends on your own Hp. Perhaps youre not that geared yet?
    The pros of Ce are that 1. it deals shadow damage, so its good vs any armor and 2. Its solid burst, which dks lack in general.
    The cons are obviously that it can miss, so you have to be careful.
    Its mostly useful in 2s, especially with a healer where dks have a hard time killing anyone, and great with a double dps (dk/sp). So basically you can use it when going for the kill or when you want to force cds ( divine shield, shield wall etc).
    Its not mandatory for 3s, but some dks use it anyways.

3. May 24, 2022  
    on who are you using that spell?
    if you cast that spell on a random dead body -> the damage is low

if you cast it on your ghoul (you can use a macro to make it easier) you force your pet to cast "Explode" which is a totally different spell: http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/spell=47496
    the damage is good since, as Turbolqk said, the damage is based on ghoul's hp (if you are playing 277/284 tier; I guess on frostmourne the damage may be considered "low" at the moment)
    Edited: May 24, 2022

4. May 24, 2022  
    on who are you using that spell?
    if you cast that spell on a random dead body -> the damage is low

if you cast it on your ghoul (you can use a macro to make it easier) you force your pet to cast "Explode" which is a totally different spell: http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/spell=47496
    the damage is good since, as Turbolqk said, the damage is based on ghoul's hp (if you are playing 277/284 tier; I guess on frostmourne the damage may be considered "low" at the moment)
    That makes sense. I was playing on icecrown I think with lower gear than my bis uhdk on lordaeron and was like "wtf is this damage". I was also popping mobs in multiple dungeons. The ghouls explode did a max of like 5k damage cause obviously still low geared.

Thanks for the responses guys. I will test it out further.