1. May 24, 2022  

Whats better leveling? RDF or Questing

As the title says what's better, sitting in the RDF queue as a healer/tank/DPS or questing? If questing what path?

2. May 29, 2022  
    I don't really do dungeons past level 63 or 64 unless I have quests for the dungeon. At higher levels they seem to give less xp than questing, since northrend and outland quests are pretty easy and you often find yourself running the same lower level dungeons. If you're in the vanilla levels, they can be much faster than questing but it depends on how strong your group is.

This is all my personal opinion. I'm sure many others may disagree with me.

3. May 29, 2022  
    My typical route
    1-58
    I prefer to do mix of both. For me it's just more fun that way. Doing RDF every few levels changes the pace nicely. Usually doing so that if I queue, I don't end up in the same dungeon repeatedly. Sometimes it's about travel to next zone further away vs doing RDF and running to zone next to my current one.

58-68
    Do the few first quests in Hellfire Peninsula for the good gear pieces. Get some gear pieces and get my Hellfire Ramparts quest. Queue up and do that. Then to Blood Furnace with quests. After that it depends on level. Either do few quests still at Hellfire Peninsula, or move to another zone (Nagrand, Blade's Edge Mountains, Terokkar Forest or Netherstorm, depending on level) and quest till I can go to Northrend. Might do RDF or two between the levels of 64-68.

68-80
    Quest up at Borean Tundra/Howling Fjord. Usually aim for the starter quests' rewards, then either The Nexus or Utgarde Keep quests, depending on the zone I'm in. Queue up, random or specific, depends on "hurry". Usually gonna be 74/75 when done with those. Then off to Zul'drak. Do some quests there. Once 77/78, head to Icecrown and finish leveling there. Might do RDF or two between the levels of 75-80, mostly I just quest.

4. June 5, 2022  
    My typical route
    1-58
    I prefer to do mix of both. For me it's just more fun that way. Doing RDF every few levels changes the pace nicely. Usually doing so that if I queue, I don't end up in the same dungeon repeatedly. Sometimes it's about travel to next zone further away vs doing RDF and running to zone next to my current one.

58-68
    Do the few first quests in Hellfire Peninsula for the good gear pieces. Get some gear pieces and get my Hellfire Ramparts quest. Queue up and do that. Then to Blood Furnace with quests. After that it depends on level. Either do few quests still at Hellfire Peninsula, or move to another zone (Nagrand, Blade's Edge Mountains, Terokkar Forest or Netherstorm, depending on level) and quest till I can go to Northrend. Might do RDF or two between the levels of 64-68.

68-80
    Quest up at Borean Tundra/Howling Fjord. Usually aim for the starter quests' rewards, then either The Nexus or Utgarde Keep quests, depending on the zone I'm in. Queue up, random or specific, depends on "hurry". Usually gonna be 74/75 when done with those. Then off to Zul'drak. Do some quests there. Once 77/78, head to Icecrown and finish leveling there. Might do RDF or two between the levels of 75-80, mostly I just quest.
    Pretty much a mirror of what I do, except mid 60s I do Auch quests before RoB, and at 77 I do Sholazar instead of IC.

The only real knock of doing spam RDF in vanilla is that you can't build up your race rep, but it's not a big deal. Main rep is HFP when you get in outlands. Getting exalted slashes a grand off of epic flying when you get to that stage.