1. May 25, 2022  

Is Engineering good for an Ele/Resto Shaman?

I mean, I know it's a good profession for Wrath in general, but is it better in Shaman hands or Hunter hands? I've narrowed down my first alt to one of those two classes: Tauren Ele/Resto Shaman, or Orc BM/Marksman Hunter.

The plan was to take Leatherworking as the primary profession, but since I learned that Drums of the Wild don't require Leatherworking to use, I see no point in taking it, and am opting to start with Herbalism/Alchemy instead (Herbalism is much better money than Skinning, and having my own potions to level with would be really nice). Then once I have my Endless potions, a solid stock of consumables for raiding, and have farmed the main Flask recipe I'm aiming for and made a large stockpile of it, the Flask of Chromatic Wonder, then I will drop Herbalism and take another profession.

Is Engineering good to pair with Alchemy on an Ele/Resto Shaman, or can I do better?

2. May 25, 2022  
    Engineering is widely considered the best profession for any pve content, regardless of what class or spec you play.

Alchemy is a fair 2nd choice, most people go with jc or bs (mainly due to slightly better minmaxing possible) but the difference is very minor. If you're not terribly rich having double length on flasks and some free potions isn't a bad thing either.

3. May 25, 2022  
    Engineering is widely considered the best profession for any pve content, regardless of what class or spec you play.

Alchemy is a fair 2nd choice, most people go with jc or bs (mainly due to slightly better minmaxing possible) but the difference is very minor. If you're not terribly rich having double length on flasks and some free potions isn't a bad thing either.
    I just don't want to have Engineering on every single character solely because it's the min/max profession for raiding, unless I can think of nothing else to do with them. At some point I want to have a variety of professions across 4 or 5 different toons, so I can more or less do everything.

My Prot Pally currently is Mining/JC, once I transfer all of its mats to the alt I'm going to drop Mining and take Enchanting to better optimize the offspec, and also so I can assist guildies with all of their enchanting/JC needs.

If Engi/Alchemy is a good combo, then I'm game. I actually think they'd dovetail nicely as far as potions go, use the Endless potions for solo questing and random dungeons, reserve the stronger Injectors for raids.

But I'm not planning to drop Herbalism until I have...let's say, 16 full stacks of this: https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=33208/f...romatic-wonder

Mainly as an alternative to Stoneblood Flasks for my Prot Pally, but also for general purpose use on other toons, like a Hunter.

Maybe I'll do Engineering on both Shaman and Hunter, and then pick something else for another toon like Tailoring on a Druid.

4. May 26, 2022  
    I'd say resto shami benefit's the most of Eng because chainheal scales terrible well with haste so the glove enchant is very handy on boss encounters with AoE burst.

5. May 26, 2022  
    I'd say resto shami benefit's the most of Eng because chainheal scales terrible well with haste so the glove enchant is very handy on boss encounters with AoE burst.
    I'm looking at the Haste enchant, Spell enchant/Parachute for cloak, Frag Belt, Nitro Boosts, and the use of Injectors for raids in an emergency. Injectors would be for raiding only; the Endless Healing/Mana potions would suffice for dungeons and soloing, and any Runics I get I would use to make Injectors or give to guildies in need.

Does the Cobalt Frag Belt have any use on an Ele/Resto Shaman? I can see it being useful on an Enhancement shaman because of their chaotic rotation and cooldowns, but what about the other two specs?

6. May 27, 2022  
    . .
    Edited: January 1, 2024