1. May 26, 2022  

Is Warmane worth joining in 2022?

I am sick and tired of Classic WoW.

GDKPs are rampant in TBCC, everyone and their mother buys gold and the bots are all fly hacking and scripting through dungeons for mass gold transfers.

There are maybe only 10 - 20 groups in a 12 hour period that is NOT a GDKP in TBCC, almost everyone else only seems to play WoW for BiS now and nothing else.

I'm pretty sure when WoTLK Classic drops, it'll be even more P2W and garbage than TBCC esp. with all the stupid changes Blizzard is doing.

I wanted to come by Warmane and try reliving that WoTLK experience but here are my current turn-offs:

- P2W Shop

- Everyone is already geared and ahead, will be hard to find Lv 80 Raid spots and groups as freshie

- PvP on Blackrock seems insanely unbalanced, everyone has BiS at 1400 for some reason.

These 3 things are making it seem like Warmane is just as P2W and devoid of a community as Blizzard's Classic version.

Can any vets give me some insight into this server and if it's worth starting up now given my complaints about Classic or should I just cut my losses on WoW and move on? Because if every version of this game is going to be this P2W, I think that about ends my journey with this entire franchise lol

2. May 26, 2022  
    1. Lordaeron is not P2W, there is no gear on Coins shop for that realm (but Arena/BG is linked with other wotlk realms, so your enemies/partner may have dontaed for their gear)

2. You can try "Frostmourne", it is a pregressive realm which get resetted every 12-months. Gear is slowly added on "coin shop" only after enough amount of people have got it in-game, so it may be a good compromise for you

Plus, trying 1 of those realm cost 0. You can quit whenever you want

3. May 26, 2022  
    If You like 1x rate Lordaeron is way to go. True is, this server last several years? And wasn`t reseted anytime. So yea, You can feel that everyone is geared. But if You look that way, WOTLK classic will too be online many years ;)

I suggest You to play there just for fun and exploring again WOTLK, don`t push for 80 and raid all days to become the best. I think it`s impossible for this time.

I`ve back to wotlk after 6 years and play just for fun, don`t push/rush. And now i know i won`t have time to play on classic cause of my busy life and won`t pay money for that...

All I can tell You is :

- If You want play just for fun, lazy, don`t push go Lordaeron.
    - If want fast lvl, want raid, become better that others go Frostmourne.

Have fun :) ( free fun )

4. May 26, 2022  
    1. There's no item that is obtainable only in the shop, this is usually the definition of P2W.
    If you meant just buying equipment:
    • you CAN buy equipment on Frostmourne and Icecrown. But I doubt that many people actually do it. Just check the price. A person that can afford Shadowmorns will more likely spend time with thots and drugs on a private island than playing this game on a free private server.
    • you can NOT buy equipment on Lordaeron, but you CAN buy already geared characters from other players as well as BoE items and gold. We could call this an issue, but let us be honest, you could buy the same from another player illegally with a risk of getting banned.

2. Not really. I would say the issue is communication. People that can't find a raid usually just can't find a guild or friend in the game.

3. No idea about Blackrock.
    Edited: May 26, 2022

5. May 26, 2022  
    Every piece of gear that is purchasable is also obtainable in-game. The benefit of warmane is that you aren't on the endless hamsterwheel of gear progression. Every piece of gear you obtain makes you permanently better than before. It's definitely worth the initial struggle to eventually get geared. Noobs who buy gear won't stand a chance if you know how to play.

6. May 26, 2022  
    turn-offs:

- P2W Shop

- Everyone is already geared and ahead, will be hard to find Lv 80 Raid spots and groups as freshie
    P2W? People have played this game over a decade, do you think there aren't people who have gotten their gear legit? Now, does it matter if some players buy their gear, when others have had ample time to get them in-game. Also, looting gear doesn't make you as a player any better. Why would you expect so from buying gear? It's pay to skip at best. Buying gear doesn't make you good. Buying gear only makes your baseline go bit higher /dmg, heling, survival), nothing else.

Do you think people don't roll alts, that new players don't join, and that generally people gearing up doesn't happen?

If both worries you so much, go play on Frostmourne.

7. May 27, 2022  
    I wanted to come by Warmane and try reliving that WoTLK experience but here are my current turn-offs:

- P2W Shop

These were the turnoffs that made me hesitate to join Warmane for a while too, but you can bypass these very easily if you are patient enough. For example, the only way you can obtain gear on Lordaeron is in-game, but of course getting it will take some time, as the game is intended.

As far as everyone being fully geared is concerned, this aspect shouldn't hinder you from joining as a freshie. Many people are leveling alts here, myself included. If this was indeed an issue, leveling alts would be nonexistent. I believe the advantage of a server being fully progressed is that you can take your time to level and gear up your character on your own pace, without any deadline (unless the staff plan to progress to the next expansion). I myself took a very laid-back approach when I started playing, and one year later I have a well geared character on Lordaeron. If you wonder why it took so long, that's because I play casually and take occasional breaks from the game.

I am well aware of the fact that my experience is purely anecdotal. If you ever decide to play on this server, your experience will certainly be way different than mine. But I recommend you to try it out to test the waters. If the experience is unappealing, you can leave as you got nothing to lose. I'd also suggest to join with a detached attitude. You will encounter toxic people here and there, as in every online game. There is no point in arguing and getting angry with randoms. It will certainly ruin your experience.

8. May 27, 2022  
    There's enough new people coming or (or alts) that it's very easy to find raids as a fresh 80. It's also rare to find someone who actually P2W'd their way to the top like buying Shadowmourne (I've only seen it twice). Usually people just buy a bis weapon or trinkets

9. May 29, 2022  
    Sounds like Frostmourne is your answer. Since that server resets every year with the current characters migrating to IC every 12 months, nobody is wildly overgeared. FM reset a month and a half ago so nobody is running around in anything better than Naxx gear. In the next month and a half, it would be easy to catch up to where everyone else is now, and then from that point on you'll be on everyone else's standing when 3.x drops.

P2W isn't an issue because nothing is eligible for purchase until enough of them are in circulation on the server. Which means some people have to earn it before others can buy it.

And as far as PvP balance, same explanation as #1.

The only real gripe I have about the item shop is that, IMO, Shadowmourne should NEVER be an option to buy, at any price. For me, the biggest problem I have with Warmane, by a country mile, is those stupid damn multiboxers.

10. Thanks all for the suggestion. I also want to know whether Warmane worth joining in 2022.

11. Thanks all for the suggestion. I also want to know whether Warmane worth joining in 2022.
    Short answer: Yes.
    Long answer: Yes, it definitely is.

12. Thanks all for the suggestion. I also want to know whether Warmane worth joining in 2022.
    You should think about the pros and cons of warmane compared to retail and see what suits you better.

13. I wanted to come by Warmane and try reliving that WoTLK experience but here are my current turn-offs:

- P2W Shop

- PvP on Blackrock seems insanely unbalanced, everyone has BiS at 1400 for some reason.
    - I won't comment on the shop, but I think it has its pros and cons.

- I think this is quite true: PvP can be frustrating for somebody who is in the process of gearing up and raids may be hard to access due to high minimum GS requirements people ask for. It's not impossible though, especially with the help of a guild, but it can be slow and frustrating, also depending on what class you choose.

- Since PvP is cross realm, that's the situation on every realm (except for seasonal realm) and yes, that's true. Though it's not that bad I think, on Blackrock it's possible to get the offset with honor points and some arena rating, and it's possible to progressively get gear in a decently fun way. I think the design of Blackrock server is excellent, and I just hope one particular PvP issue (explained below) could be addressed to make all the servers much more enjoyable.

These 3 things are making it seem like Warmane is just as P2W and devoid of a community as Blizzard's Classic version.
    You may be surprised, but I don't think those you listed are the real issues. Even with those things, I think the server in fact can be pretty enjoyable.
    These are things that are instead more problematic in my experience:

Scripters, scripters, scripters (PvP cheating): Ever noticed how many paladins and mages use Divine Shield and Ice Block in an incredibly timely manner? How arena opponents pop defensives to avoid instant-cast CCs? How many DKs use Anti-magic Shell to absorb your Chimera Shot or instant-cast Lava Burst in BG? Or hunters/rogues that use deterrence/feign death/vanish to prevent instant casts, and so on. Well, I can guarantee it's not just luck but a well known issue.
    It's incredibly annoying and it really is the main reason why I can't enjoy arena. I've seen even popular, high ranked players resorting to scripts, and I wish Warmane could do a little bit more to mitigate this issue.

Community: playing on solo que on Blackrock, I lost count of all the unspeakable insults I received at the end of games, the people who spam emotes, etc. There are addons to solve this kind of stuff (/ignore isn't enough), but I think it's worth mentioning. I want to make clear that nobody is to blame here, except for the toxic players themselves.
    Edited: August 25, 2022

14. Most people actually Pay-to-Lose or Pay-and-Not-Win-Much. Use P2W to skip contents you don't like, and you can even buy a toon with all the achievements required for raiding. It's a feature that you can use to your advantage, especially when you end up staying here for a very long time.

15. PvEwise, yes, pvpwise, also yes if you play on blackrock and patient enough to farm some gear. Trying to pvp with low gear is almost impossible, skill wont matter until you obtain some serious pieces via raiding/donating on non-br realms, even low rate is filled with insanely geared people.

12 Last