1. May 28, 2022  

Lootbans in OS

So i host several Obsidian Sanctums Pug raids each week. Always with the suffix of Lootban on Firewall, indicating everyone know dying to the Firewall means to be lootbanned(while searching and 1 last time before starting to clear trash). Time to time people die to it and just accept their lootban. This time however 5 out of 25 died to it and flamed me that the "Lootban on Firewall" is not a clear indicator because it didnt clarified "dying to the fire tsunami" = Lootban. Do i really need to clarify this? Or is Lootban on Firewall enough?

2. June 6, 2022  
    I think you need to be more precise. Lootban on firewall doesnt mean anything. Also you need to check that they have really died to flame tsunami dot.
    Remember to announce lootban rules before drakes die. Some raidleaders tell after people are saved and that's changing loot rules

3. June 7, 2022  
    I think you need to be more precise. Lootban on firewall doesnt mean anything. Also you need to check that they have really died to flame tsunami dot.
    Remember to announce lootban rules before drakes die. Some raidleaders tell after people are saved and that's changing loot rules
    I disagree, loot ban on firewall is basic enough to understand. Fail tactics = Loot ban, this is universally known in all wow

-Also loot banning for tactics failure is not changing loot rules.
    -If you fail tactics you are jeopardizing the raid itself and that warrants a kick without any loot.
    -At this point be happy you're being taken and boosted, otherwise you'll simply be replaced.

4. June 7, 2022  
    You need to be precise. You cant just say general "lootban on firewall". That can mean everyone gets lootbanned when first firewall appears in raid and lootmaster is free to take every loot in raid.

Universally known isnt enough. Also there's "Kicking players from raid for no reason, especially before distributing loot from boss kill that they participated in." rule in warmane ninja policies. You cant kick people before loot is distributed (in other raids) and staying once in firewall shouldnt be good enough reason for automatic kick or lootban. Especially if it's not told before people are getting saved.

And yes loot banning is changing loot rules. You are not allowing people to roll ms>os because of a rule you told AFTER people got saved. Players who dont want to participate in a raid with lootban rules cant avoid your raid group because you are not telling this rule before they are saved.

5. this is stupid rules
    the host or the raid leader have power to inspect/recruit people before the raid
    if they fail, they all fail together
    if they win, they all win together not just the one who alive
    if someone die to firewall then its host fault for not be able to explain it or for bringing bad player to the raid
    this is the cons of having pugs in ur raid its bad but u need to accept it

6. if someone die to firewall then its host fault for not be able to explain it or for bringing bad player to the raid
    So basically it's raid leader's fault for not having 6 days to conduct thorough interviews before actually starting the raid on the 7th day. Great logic.

this is the cons of having pugs in ur raid its bad but u need to accept it
    Didn't you just obligate the raid leader to only invite people with brains, since they "have the power to inspect/recruit people"? How are you now justifying the con of pug raids... AS A CON OF PUG RAIDS?!?! HELLO?!

Literally what xTheLichKingx said. End of story.

7. I disagree, loot ban on firewall is basic enough to understand. Fail tactics = Loot ban, this is universally known in all wow

-Also loot banning for tactics failure is not changing loot rules.
    -If you fail tactics you are jeopardizing the raid itself and that warrants a kick without any loot.
    -At this point be happy you're being taken and boosted, otherwise you'll simply be replaced.
    It would be the best to specify that DYING to firewall gets you loot banned. So it's best to specify it as early as possible e.g. global spam, and once raid is inside and all are present. Also, it would be best to specify what gets you kicked/loot banned before hand.

"What qualifies as ninja?
    - Kicking players from raid for no reason, especially before distributing loot from boss kill that they participated in."
    - Reporting Players [Updated: May 22, 2020]

I would argue that dying once to tactic, and potentially causing a wipe, isn't sufficient reason to be kicked from the raid instantly. So yeah, be careful with that.
    Loot ban, sure, if it was according to rules set by RL. Kick here really isn't necessary or even needed.

this is stupid rules
    Nobody forces you to join. Find another OS if it isn't to your liking.