1. May 31, 2022  

Is Shank/Skank tanking a viable playstyle for raiding?

Shank/Skank tanking was a build style I came across and eventually utilized in Star Wars The Old Republic, particularly for PvP/Warzones. You stack Stamina/HP and armor rating as normal, stat for the necessary amount of Defense to nullify crits, and then the rest of your gear is devoted to damage stats like crit, attack power, spellpower, strength, etc.

It was somewhat utilized in Operations (games fancy word for raids, 8/16 mans) and saw widespread appeal in PvP/Warzones, so I'm curious how it translates as far as WoW raiding is concerned. Is the potential for significant extra damage/threat worth the tradeoff of losing some survivability variance?

2. May 31, 2022  
    In short: During Progression/gearing raids? No.
    If you gearbash the content anyway you can ofc cut a piece or two (if your gear allows for it) and go for more threat/damage/whatever you feel like.

Also depends on what content you raid/your raid environment. In Pugs you'd probably get instakicked for doing this. If you have a spot in a decent guild and heals are fine with it/you don't die randomly you're probably free to do so.

For most easier bosses (e.g. not pp, sindra and lod) our tanks tend to swap to dps trinkets just because it helps a wee bit with threat. But I wouldn't advise doing so if it's not farm-content.
    Edited: May 31, 2022