1. May 31, 2022  

Void Store

Hi!

Not sure if it was suggested before (there are so many topics).

One of the best features of Cataclysm is the Void Store. It is a huge store accessible through an NPC. Void storage offers space to store a large number of items without their enchants or gems. It is useful to keep items for off-spec gear and transmogrification. The reason is, that keeping all items in the bank would be a pain. Not even portable hole bags can give enough bank slots. Players always end up wanting more space.

The same feature could work on WotLK realms via the website.

Do you like it / hate it?

Cheers,

2. I strongly support this.
    It gives new incentive to collect as many items as possible which = more game content/zone relevance, which = less burnout and more immersion.

Love the idea,

Ingurgitate - Icecrown

3. I suppose it could work. In my opinion its operating costs should be increased, for the purpose of functioning as a gold sink. And I mean, this is just extra space for luxury, so there should be "tax" to use it.

Though, bank is 28 slots, with 7 bag expansions, you can get up to 280 slots. That's if you use the 36 slot bags from store. Realistic/average would be168 slots with the use of Frostweave bags.

4. I loved it in Cata and it's great but I don't know man, implementing it would be painful I think, if possible. By the way the void storage was in the same room as the transmog NPC, so they might as well just have to implement him as well, or find some smart ways to get it to work, just like they did with the X-mog scrolls.

I've been playing here for quite while, I'd say my main has many many items in the bank, yet it's still only at halfway to being full. I'm using "portable hole" bags, tho, but that's still not the biggest I could use. I always keep a clean and neat inventory and bank, there's nothing worse than a clumsy and ugly inventory with only 1-2 spaces free at all times because players hoard every useless item they will not actually need during casual gameplay. And if you need some special item every now and then and not in the reaches for a bank, just call Jeeves if you have it or the Argent Tournament pet kid.

In my bank I have pvp / pve sets, all kinds of complete transmog gears, legendary items from classic, items that I have great memories with, toys, flask, food and potion reserves, quest items, rare/unique things etc etc... and it's still only HALF FULL. My inventory is always only 10-20% full, so my items are not there either. They're in the bank, because everyone should be able to organize 170-200+ individual slots in their bank.

If you're some kind of collector or have extreme amounts of items you'd like to hold on to, just mail the BoE ones to a bank alt or put them in a gbank if you have one for this purpose.