1. June 5, 2022  

Frostmourne more popular than all previous seasons. Discuss why?

Title says it all

I personally think it's cause it's warmanes ONLY pve server and people are desperate to get away from being cannon fodder thrown at full bis players.

What do you guys think is the reason for it's extreme popularity, even months after release and all Realm First titles have been grabbed.

2. June 5, 2022  

3. June 5, 2022  
    Classic WotLK hype is far bigger factor than the realm being PvE.

The PvE status is only a comfort factor for few vocal plebs, who are incapable of dealing with PvP in any shape or form. People seem to really blame PvP of everything, but its far off from what people antagonize it to be.

4. June 5, 2022  
    The realm isnt even on toc yet - also there's literally no full bis people around you could be "cannon fodder" for. Heck the difference in gear would hardly matter...especially on a x7 realm where you need like five quests per zone to be done anyway.
    Classic WOTLK is around the corner as well.

The realm being pve shouldn't really matter - icecrown is pvp and also at 12k+ "around the clock" basically, for years. Just because one realm has been pve for a few months doesn't exactly say much about it being a factor.

5. June 7, 2022  
    The realm isnt even on toc yet - also there's literally no full bis people around you could be "cannon fodder" for. Heck the difference in gear would hardly matter...especially on a x7 realm where you need like five quests per zone to be done anyway.
    Classic WOTLK is around the corner as well.

The realm being pve shouldn't really matter - icecrown is pvp and also at 12k+ "around the clock" basically, for years. Just because one realm has been pve for a few months doesn't exactly say much about it being a factor.
    1). It's not even on ulduar, it's 2 months into naxx meaning it should be dead, not overpopulating icecrown atm, as the popularity is based on raid/patch releases
    2). There's really nothing at all to do during naxx besides OS/Naxx and prep for ulduar. It should be FAR LESS populated than icecrown, and it's more populated which is the exact opposite
    3). There are full bis people ON ICECROWN not Frostmourne, the arguement is you are cannon fodder for ICECROWN where everyone is full bis pvp killing you while you're trying level up, go through the dark portal, level in hellfire, enter icc, etc and frostmourne is more popular sheerly due to the fact this isn't present there
    4). Icecrown had like 7-8k people and lordaeron had like 3-4k people during the first month of frostmourne and will likely see these number-fluctuations again as frostmourne hits each raid release. If frostmourne remains at Ruby Sanctum without resetting, I am 100% betting my money that it will be more popular than icecrown and lordaeron.

6. June 9, 2022  
    1). It's not even on ulduar, it's 2 months into naxx meaning it should be dead, not overpopulating icecrown atm, as the popularity is based on raid/patch releases
    according to you, but you're evidentially wrong, as usual.

2). There's really nothing at all to do during naxx besides OS/Naxx and prep for ulduar. It should be FAR LESS populated than icecrown, and it's more populated which is the exact opposite
    and what's there to do on icecrown? absolutely nothing in between raids. at least on frostmourne it's a new raid tier that people can gear for or farm gold for for boes/crafted items to make their guilds progression easier. people enjoy FRESH more than STALE, hence why warmane developed the frostmourne cyclical server in the first place and why it continues to draw a large swath of players. and as others have said, wrath classic getting close is stoking hype even further.

3). There are full bis people ON ICECROWN not Frostmourne, the arguement is you are cannon fodder for ICECROWN where everyone is full bis pvp killing you while you're trying level up, go through the dark portal, level in hellfire, enter icc, etc and frostmourne is more popular sheerly due to the fact this isn't present there
    nobody cares, you get 9 levels from a dungeon.

If frostmourne remains at Ruby Sanctum without resetting, I am 100% betting my money that it will be more popular than icecrown and lordaeron.
    "a fresh server will be more populated than a completely progressed server" wow man you're truly an oracle

7. June 9, 2022  
    Early birds and late comers still play to perfect their gear, why? Ulduar. You don't go to Ulduar with fresh half-naked 80. If they got no gear to obtain, they could just be gearing friends, guildies, or doing other activities as gold farm, or even PvP. Achievement hunting is one thing as well to remember. Or you know, raiding Naxx, EoE and OS for fun with the relative gear level, not with 6K+ characters.

Seems I answered this too above. Don't forget gearing alts. Frostmourne is fresh, there are people still progressing and playing. Don't forget new players' default and recommended realm (by the game) is Frostmourne. One could also state there's a certain amount of FOMO with players playing/opting for Frostmourne. Some players may have observed for a season or two seeing how it goes (trial runs, you know), and deciding to hop in on the fun for season 3.

I'm not full BiS PvP, so your statement lost its credit. Nor do I practice wPvP against lower level players. If you're at ICC entrance, I'd expect you to have some fight in you (as well as other players around you) to deal with one sweaty PvPer.
    Are you really basing your FM >Icecrown purely on few ganking locations? Do you really think a minute or two setback (or for hours, if you're sheep subjecting yourself to wolves' jaws with a memory of a baboon [not an insult, baboons have short memory]). Maybe stop feeding the trolls and do something else.

4). Icecrown had like 7-8k people and lordaeron had like 3-4k people during the first month of frostmourne and will likely see these number-fluctuations again as frostmourne hits each raid release. If frostmourne remains at Ruby Sanctum without resetting, I am 100% betting my money that it will be more popular than icecrown and lordaeron.
    As others have stated, it's because Frostmourne preserves its freshness between patches with new tier of raids. Icecrown is as is, nothing new will be added. If you eat grass all your life, strawberries can add some fresh flavor to it, but eat too much of it and you become sick of it. Then you default back to that nourishing grass that you know and trust to keep you going. TBC attracted big numbers too, where is it now?
    You can bet your money sure, but I don't see that happening.

8. I have been enjoying Frostmourne a lot specifically because its a PVE realm. On Icecrown I straight up can't do mining on fresh 80 because I get obliterated immediately by 6k gs 80s if I even get close to a deposit or a vein but on Frostmourne I can do it without any worries and its so much nicer.

9. Classic WotLK hype is far bigger factor than the realm being PvE.

The PvE status is only a comfort factor for few vocal plebs, who are incapable of dealing with PvP in any shape or form. People seem to really blame PvP of everything, but its far off from what people antagonize it to be.
    Yeah dude, low levels should be capable fighting off full geared level 80 who is not capable to fight someone at his level, so he boosts his ego by camping 24/7 low level zones and thats really annoying. Im sorry because warmane took that from you

10. Yeah dude, low levels should be capable fighting off full geared level 80 who is not capable to fight someone at his level, so he boosts his ego by camping 24/7 low level zones and thats really annoying. Im sorry because warmane took that from you
    Did I say you should fight them off? No.
    Do I practice low level ganking? No.
    Do I get ganked on an occasion? Yes.
    Do I subject myself to repeated ganking? No.
    Do I find other ways to level if ganked (repeatedly)? Yes.
    Do I avoid being ganked by not going into, or spending too much time in wPvP hotspot zones? Yes.
    Did I also have concerns of PvP realm when I first got here from retail's comforting PvE realms? Yes.
    Did it stop me from playing here? No.
    Did I learn ways to negate, avoid, and deal with ganking? Yes.
    Did Warmane really take anything from me? No.
    Did you forget Icecrown and Lordaeron are PvP realms still? Yes.
    Do I play the victim card for the slight inconveniences that are part of our lives? No.

11. Did I say you should fight them off? No.
    Do I practice low level ganking? No.
    Do I get ganked on an occasion? Yes.
    Do I subject myself to repeated ganking? No.
    Do I find other ways to level if ganked (repeatedly)? Yes.
    Do I avoid being ganked by not going into, or spending too much time in wPvP hotspot zones? Yes.
    Did I also have concerns of PvP realm when I first got here from retail's comforting PvE realms? Yes.
    Did it stop me from playing here? No.
    Did I learn ways to negate, avoid, and deal with ganking? Yes.
    Did Warmane really take anything from me? No.
    Did you forget Icecrown and Lordaeron are PvP realms still? Yes.
    Do I play the victim card for the slight inconveniences that are part of our lives? No.
    im quoting you again "he PvE status is only a comfort factor for few vocal PLEBS, who are incapable of dealing with PvP in any shape or form."

I hope you are smart enough to understand that most people, probably 95% of them, that complaining about PVP only realm are those who are getting constantly ganked while they are leveling or getting starting gear. In first place, i am annoyed when some pvp PLEB, full bis pvp gear, goes and camp lowbies because he is INCAPABLE to fight against level 80 player. If someone ever creates poll why they dont like pvp, most of the answers would be because they are sick of getting killed by level 80 PLEB starting zones in Northrend, Outland, in front of Outland portal, Tanaris and such zones. Small amount of them would stop playing, that doesnt matter, people complain because some low ego full bis pvp plebs lost few arenas/bgs from low geared opponents and they go and farm level 30,40,50,60 players to make them feel better, but instead you insult those people who only want to enjoy this game without some a**hole camping their corpses 24/7.

12. im quoting you again "he PvE status is only a comfort factor for few vocal PLEBS, who are incapable of dealing with PvP in any shape or form."

I hope you are smart enough to understand that most people, probably 95% of them, that complaining about PVP only realm are those who are getting constantly ganked while they are leveling or getting starting gear. In first place, i am annoyed when some pvp PLEB, full bis pvp gear, goes and camp lowbies because he is INCAPABLE to fight against level 80 player. If someone ever creates poll why they dont like pvp, most of the answers would be because they are sick of getting killed by level 80 PLEB starting zones in Northrend, Outland, in front of Outland portal, Tanaris and such zones. Small amount of them would stop playing, that doesnt matter, people complain because some low ego full bis pvp plebs lost few arenas/bgs from low geared opponents and they go and farm level 30,40,50,60 players to make them feel better, but instead you insult those people who only want to enjoy this game without some a**hole camping their corpses 24/7.
    It's not my fault people get constantly ganked in zones where it HAPPENS ALL THE TIME since VANILLA. I'm also annoyed by all these wimpy wussy PLEBS who think they should be left alone in a MMO with PvP being big part of the game. Should the staff add noob protect for the PLEBS. Let's also give then custom title that's forced on them "X the Noob". Not all players are nice, and they don't really need to be. You only make yourself to be fragile who can't take opposition in any shape or form. Life's not perfect, neither are game experiences. Negative experiences are part of life too.
    If your corpse gets ganked 24/7, I would assume you never bothered to do character unstuck and do RDF's from the safety of a major city. Or logged out and played other game. And if you can't do that, you probably deserve to be ganked 24/7, as you can't seem to be able to think for a second, on how to get away from the situation you're stupidly forcing yourself to be in. Stop playing the victim card and learn to live with negative experiences.
    Grow yourself a thicker skin, because you'll need it.

Ganking has few goals:
    - Annoying players, which seems to work wonderfully. I wonder why they keep doing it? Hmm..
    - Drive out competition of their own alt.
    - Seeking reactionary wPvP with "mains".
    - "If it's red, it's dead".
    - "Roleplaying".
    - Killing time.

Is ganker's fun wrong? Is you being safe from PvP right?

13. PvP servers died on Retail for a reason and this thread is a good example of why.