1. June 6, 2022  

owlkin frenzy pve

is it worth it? 2 or 3/3 talent points? does it proc from monster aoe dmg? or only in pvp? if i take it should i not take gale winds or improved insect swarm or improved faerie fire

2. June 6, 2022  
    Gale wind is useless talent for PvE, only serve to rub some ego on trash mobs

3. June 7, 2022  
    Ok so jumping in before more nonsense is said :
    • Improved Faerie Fire is never worth dropping.
      Basically Improved Faerie Fire is a 2 part spell:
      Your Faerie Fire spell also increases the chance the target will be hit by spell attacks by 3%, ...
      - This means that if a boomkin with Improved Faerie Fire uses Faerie Fire, it will give 3% hit to everyone in the raid on that target
      ... and increases the critical strike chance of your damage spells by 3% on targets afflicted by Faerie Fire.
      - This means that if YOU hit a target with ANY faerie fire (it can be any faerie fire: feral faerie fire, faerie fire from a boomkin with or without IFF, from a resto druid etc), you gain 3% crit with 3/3 in IFF.
      Hence you do see that even if you already have the hit debuff in your raid, not taking improved faerie fire will make you lose 3% crit on every boss. Only case you drop this is mega aoe situation (levelling/RDF spam with 160 ilvl and you need mana talents/doing a VDW spec only xd)
    • Owlkin Frenzy procs on various things in raids (LIST FOR WARMANE, FROM MY EXPERIENCE):

- Sappers and Dark/Demonic Rune. This should be used when most of your burst comes since this is where you wanna have +10% dmg
      - All melees from adds in the raids
      - Marrowgar : Bone Storm
      - LDW: Frost Bolt Volley (+ adds melees)
      - Gunship: kek
      - DBS : (adds)
      - Fester : Pungent Blight = 1 or 2 chances to proc per fight so virtually useless
      - Rotface : (adds)
      - PP : nope
      - BPC : Empowered Vortex + Empowered Fireball afaik so not much
      - BQL : when targeted with Blood Bolt / when BQL bites you, so not much
      - VDW : kek
      - Sindy : like every dragon : procs on tailwhip
      - LK : Infest initial application (not dot), ghouls, Pain and Suffering initial application (not dot).
      - Halion : Tail whip and Embers melees
    • Improved Insect Swarm (IIS) loses in value with gear because when we are crit cap we don't benefit from the moonfire part during lunar and because insect swarm scales like **** (no haste, no crit scaling) and IIS requires us to use it.
    • Originally Posted by Persivaln
      Gale wind is useless talent for PvE, only serve to rub some ego on trash mobs
      Wtf are you saying my friend. You must be 8/12 pug gamer to think that :D
      Gale Winds is gigantic on LOD and RS25HC (even if you aren't assigned to cleave embers) and I would say that it can be very good on LDW 25HC depending on how good your guild is. But LOD is 95% of the content you can get on T10 patch anyway so if you're doing LOD and have only 1 spec, just take GW.

To summ it up:
    - Owlkin strong on LOD + Marrowgar (but who cares about marrow kek)
    - IIS average everywhere (stronger with lower gear).
    - Gale Winds very strong on LOD > RS25HC and LDW25HC

TLDR
    - If you do LOD => take Gale Winds
    - If you have low gear / good gear but dont do LOD => IIS > OF (especially if you don't use sappers/runes to proc OF)
    - always take IFF
    - If you do LOD => take Typhoon with minor glyph to remove bump.
    - If you are the bump slave on DBS, then take Typhoon