1. Add "Hide Tabard" Option

We need to be able to hide the appearance of our tabards.
    There are so many tabards people would love to wear for a multitude of reasons:

- flexing by its rarity, cost, or non-essential buff display
    - desiring for visual on-use effect
    - requiring for functional utilization (reputation increase effects, etc)

Why this suggestion is viable:

- Helms and cloaks are already optionally hidden, which have more of an impact than a hidden tabard since a tabard has
    no stats nor PVP utility.
    - You can already transmog tabards so the visual aspect is completely irrelevant to game / player experience.

The positive result:
    - Players could enjoy the benefits of their tabard without the negative impact to their characters visual appearance.
    - More tabards would be sought after/ equipped and increase their relevance within the game, which in turn impacts total
    game content.

Thoughts?

Ingurgitate - Icecrown

2. I guess the best server-side solution would be the "invisible" xmog from retail? Because the hide options are client-side.

Dunno if there's a high demand for this,but that would be a solution if possible(i guess it is possible).

3. not to be negative nancy here but just like you said. Tabards have no stats or useful buffs (other than rep gains)
    so you're either going to wear it in a dungeon/raid, or not wear it at all ? at least that is what I do. I have a tabard for my actual gear/transmog, and rep tabards.

if you wanna show a specific tabard, you can use a transmog scroll.
    if you dont wanna show a tabard at all. you just dont wear it ..?
    if you want the rep gain. just wear it for a small period of time. would it really hurt you that much to wear a mis-matched tabard for 13 minutes while doing a random dungeon ?

4. More tabards would be sought after/ equipped and increase their relevance within the game, which in turn impacts total game content.
    Why would one go and obtain hard to find tabard, only to hide it?

if you wanna show a specific tabard, you can use a transmog scroll.
    if you dont wanna show a tabard at all. you just dont wear it ..?
    if you want the rep gain. just wear it for a small period of time. would it really hurt you that much to wear a mis-matched tabard for 13 minutes while doing a random dungeon ?
    Somewhat agree. I guess this is mostly about Tabard of the Lightbringer's visual effect, and wish not to show the tabard itself for cosmetic reasons.

5. I thought I did a good job of explaining it.
    Simply put, I want to equip a rare/useful tabard such as the Argent Tournament tabard that has the teleport option, but without actually cosmetically displaying it.
    Seems like a simple request.

6. Reputation gaining tabards are temporary anyways, you only wear them for some days until you get to exalted and you only wear them in dungeons if you want to. If it's part of your transmog then of course you wear it on a daily basis, if not, just... don't... wear it..outside....dungs...?
    Tabards are often cruical for a transmog set to look good, and they can show off some serious work like the "Loremaster's Colors" or the rare epic tabards.

What's the point in hiding them? I get it, you don't like how the Argent Tournament teleport tabard looks, or how the faction tabards look. So only wear whem while you use them. To your raids and PvP fights or your daily duties or just running around in a city, you can always wear a tabard you like or not wear a tabard at all.

As mentioned before, the only reasonable point here is the Tabard of the Lightbringer, where you want the special effect on yourself but don't like how the tabard itself looks. To solve this, you can always transmog tabards.