1. can I go combat when tlk classic starts in pve

am I gonna get insulted because I'm supposed to go assa or is it fine to play combat all xpac

2. You'll lack a bit behind but on aoe fights (when timed properly) you can steal a bit of their shine (:

3. Combat throughout the entire expansion is just as good if not better

the only reason why so many people play assa is because

1) they came from retail where 'combat' as they know it, is no longer a thing (is now Outlaw). and it's gotten a big overhaul. so it's easier to get into wrath as an assa rogue. which is/was pretty much best spec overral for the past 3-4 expansions.

2) until you get to ICC gear. combat just lacks the ARP and AP to be solid. especially when ur still lvling or doing dungeons.
    i think with equal end-game gear. the DPS would be about the same. with combat having more uptime on basic abilities. assa having bigger crits on finishers

3) nobody picked rogue as a class because "oh boy i cant wait to spam sinister strikes all day every day" lets be honest

theres alot of reasons why people play what they play
    but at the end of the day it's still just a game
    and you should play what you enjoy playing

4. Also Combat provides 4% physical debuff, but assa's debuff is already given by other specs that are guaranteed to be in a raid.