1. Protection Warrior and ICC RAIDS - Boost Needed.

Hello everybody,

I don't know if this is the place or the moment to ask for a change, but sadly this issue started to be pretty annoying.
    I am trying to be as objective as possible and i would like to ask for other GMs/Players opinion that are more experienced than me what they think about this topic.

It is about Protection Warrior and ICC.

I tested this game in many ways since i am playing this game for more than 10 years and i always enjoyed playing Protection Warrior.
    Sadly the problem with this spec is that its not viable any more, at least not here on Lordaeron.
    As a Protection Warrior, every time you try to find a group/guild for ICC raids, you get the same response: "Prot warrior is useless" and with a lot of regret i have to say that they are right. Protection Warrior is the weakest class you can get as tank for ICC, there are FAR more way better tanks than warrior.

In my opinion its not normal for a protection warrior not to be able to do 12/12 HC ICC. I find it a little bit frustrating that everybody avoids having this type of tank in their raids.
    In my opinion, the problem is not the class but the Hardcore mode implemented by Warmane, that literally makes the protection warrior fades away since it cannot keep up with the whole change as other classes.
    Don't get me wrong, i LOVE what Warmane did with the Hardcore mode raids, but sadly PWarr doesn't scale up the same as the other classes.

I don't know what is the solution but i hope together we can find it.
    In my opinion Protection Warrior should get some boost.
    I really don't have a solution.

Thank you for your attention guys:)
    Have a great day.
    Edited: June 15, 2022

2. We won't be giving some specialization any sort of custom boosts because other classes perform better, that isn't even up to debate.

3. I understand that, but what could be the solution for this problem?
    Because as a tank warrior, it makes me drop the class since it's unplayable on the hardcore mode.

I am not asking specifically for a Warrior Spec boost, but for a solution that help the class specialization participate in the mode implemented by Warmane Staff.
    It creates a major disadvantage towards warrior protection and the other players who avoids this class due the fact that it's just "paper".

Is there any solution at all?

Thank you!

4. I don't have any solution, because personally I understand that the game isn't balanced for every class to perform equally well, some just do better and others are underdogs that don't get accepted by anything aside Guild carries, with them being considered carried. Lordaeron might push that a bit further, but more by sedimenting what people already see as "must have" and "no way."

Maybe someone else can come up with something genius, but I can't see much. As I said, no custom buffs will be given to any specialization, nor can I possibly see fights being tweaked to cater to one specialization - even more so if that would make them easier for the better Tanks.

5. Blizzard only fixed the Protect Warrior from Cataclysm and on. At least in the first patches when they nerfed it since it was overpowered. Still workable. I'm a fan of Warrior as well, but I think it was never useful before Cata.

6. I don't have any solution, because personally I understand that the game isn't balanced for every class to perform equally well, some just do better and others are underdogs that don't get accepted by anything aside Guild carries, with them being considered carried. Lordaeron might push that a bit further, but more by sedimenting what people already see as "must have" and "no way."

Maybe someone else can come up with something genius, but I can't see much. As I said, no custom buffs will be given to any specialization, nor can I possibly see fights being tweaked to cater to one specialization - even more so if that would make them easier for the better Tanks.
    It's from my understanding bosses on Lordaeron hit harder?
    If this is the case and Dungeon + raid boss damage and raid-adds is scaled upwards, then a simple change is allow warriors (and paladins) to scale upwards to match these pve content damage buffs by buffing the way block is calculated, having the damage buff apply to boss damage post-block-mitigation.
    Ex.
    Current: Boss does 20k damage swing, war has 20% damage DR, 16k damage happens, boss get's 50% damage buff, Does 24k damage, block reduces 3k, warrior takes 21k
    After change: Boss does 20k damage swing, war has 20% damage DR, 16k damage happens, Block reduces 3k at this point, boss get's 50% damage buff, Does 16k - 3k = 13k *1.5 = 19,500. Block reduces 4500 instead of 3k.

Obviously I don't know any of the actual numbers behind the scenes nor do I even know if boss-damage values are buffed on warmane servers at all, however if they are then this would be a great change to block that benefits warriors to an extraordinary level to match their retail-viability. They'd still suck, but would be viable.

7. well Rippery is 120% right..the point is WARMANE did wrong rescale of the dmg and dmg resistance in Hardcore mode..its not about hardcore rework of realms..its just that warmane did it wrong..because rescale work on tanks in the way of Health points..and warrior is class with low health points..that class works on cooldowns..not on HP and absorbtion like pala, druid and dk..

8. well Rippery is 120% right..the point is WARMANE did wrong rescale of the dmg and dmg resistance in Hardcore mode..its not about hardcore rework of realms..its just that warmane did it wrong..because rescale work on tanks in the way of Health points..and warrior is class with low health points..that class works on cooldowns..not on HP and absorbtion like pala, druid and dk..
    Last stand
    Shield Wall
    Shield Block

What other CDs does warrior have?
    They're not a special class that rely on CDs anymore than other tanks. Using CDs throughout the fight and not during problematic moments is silly unless your raid group is seriously struggling on progression. Example being to save CDs on saurfang till 30% phase and when he has 80%+ blood power, or marrowgar only when healer get's spiked, TLK when your OT is busy and you need to tank a soulreaper AND TLK at the same time.

At the end of the day warrior is just much worse as a tank and is an "avoidance" tank with good block/dodge/parry and these stats were never better than Damage Reduction, Stamina, armor as they're RNG based and random. Yes you take the same damage as other tanks, but no you don't "take the same damage" as you can go 5 seconds taking no damage and then 5 seconds taking big hit after big hit on repeat.