1. Warlocks underused in BGs?

I have noticed that warlocks are underused in BGs. It seems the least played class in that setting. Why do you think that is?

(Or correct me if wrong)

2. They are also not that common in PvE.
    In terms of BGs destro is one of the best damage dealer in 10/15 man BGs so I can't comprehend why they are not that popular.

3. Affliction is by far the best warlock spec for BGs, and arguable the strongest overall dps spec for BGs as well. In WSG/AB/EOTS/SOTA, my affliction lock becomes an unstoppable force. I've broken 3.1 million damage in WSG before and I top the dps/killing blows in 95% of bgs I play. It's a hard spec to learn but it is the spec warlocks were meant to be and has the most potential IMO.

4. Affliction is by far the best warlock spec for BGs, and arguable the strongest overall dps spec for BGs as well. In WSG/AB/EOTS/SOTA, my affliction lock becomes an unstoppable force. I've broken 3.1 million damage in WSG before and I top the dps/killing blows in 95% of bgs I play. It's a hard spec to learn but it is the spec warlocks were meant to be and has the most potential IMO.
    I enjoy affliction, but in the current meta most players die in 2-4 seconds, which means only a couple ticks of your DoTs harm the player - it feels like a waste compared to the damage that you can do with destruction.

On the other hand, in big fights, it really is enjoyable.

5. DoTs tick their full duration whether you're dead or alive.
    I feel almost unkillable in most BGs as affliction from using advantageous portal locations, to spamming corruption on everything in sight for Syphon Life heals.
    I also play with 1412 resil + glyph of Soul Link.

6. July 1, 2022  
    In my experience destro deals usually more dmg than affli.
    That's due to the fact that destro has the highest burst dmg ingame. Even more than a Arcane mage.

As Shred92 said, most fight's in BGs are a burst feast. Affli deals sustain dmg and needs longer fights to excel.
    There is also often a healer who will dispell your corruption dots.

I also feel like a UH DK deals better dot dmg in large scale fights. Each of his dots deals less dmg than on a Affli lock but he can spread them to multiple targets while the affli has to apply his dots one by one.
    The dot and run tactic in large scale fight's works also much better on a fire mage than on Affli because LB has a insane cast range and thus can be applied on high distance. When its dispelled it explodes and triggers instant Pyro.
    In my experience a fire mage deals significant more dmg in this scenario.