1. DFO makes VT and DP update spell power on each tick?

Simple question: If I cast VT and then DP on boss, and 2 seconds after my DFO procs, will my VT and DP benefit from the spell power of DFO?

If not then technically I should apply VT and DP 2 seconds before DFO buff ends so that these dots will benefit of max DFO spell power buff for their whole duration.

I read that SW:P snapshots only crit and percentage modifiers. But doesnt snapshot haste, where VT and DP snapshots haste. I can see it when I re-apply DP on boss 1 second before Bloodlust ends. Then my DP ticks fast as if Bloodlust is still up.

So in the same theory, does DP also snapshots spellpower same as it does with haste?
    Edited: June 18, 2022

2. I did a very simple test: I removed all my gear from myself (to nullify SP procs and crits). I right click on a dummy just to keep myself in combat. A simple DP with zero buffs did 301 damage. There was no Shadow Weaving on me. I then pressed Inner Fire and the damage remained the same: 301 ticks.

I removed my 1 stack from Shadow Weaving, I re-applied DP and now it ticks for 349 damage (due to Inner Fire buff). By removing this buff while the DP is ticking, its damage was not being updated, which means even though I didnt have Inner Fire buff, the DP ticked for 349 damage.

Same happened with Shadow Weaving: While DP was ticking for 349 damage, I cast 1 MF to get some Shadow Weaving stacks, but DP kept being ticking for 349.

That means that if you put dots on boss and then DFO procs, all this 1200 spell power is totally wasted (apart from MF). But on the other hand, If I clip my dots 1-2 seconds before DFO buff ends, my dots will tick for their whole duration as if I had 1200 SP.

I am not sure if that is a good tactic though. The DFO lasts 20 seconds while my dots last alot less longer, and you cannot always force yourself to play around the DFO procs. I really thought that DP and VT and SW:P ticks take into account your current spell power each time they tick.

3. Seconded the above. Shadow priest dots do not update to reflect changes in their spell power, procs, etc. Perhaps that is why shadow and affliction feel weak on the server.

4. Let's not necro a thread that is over a year old, please. Make a new one if you'd like to discuss the topic.