1. Blood DK - PVP Gear

Hi Guys,

I have started to play Blood DK on PVP and it is super fun with a lot of self heal.
    I have been struggling to find places with suggestion for the best gear possible for PVP Blood.

Can someone share some links or even own opinions or insights? The only thing that I found was that I should go Shadowmourne, but I am nowhere near it. And on that case for example, what would be the second best weapon, etc?

I am a little lost regarding to Gear. Hope you guys can help.
    Cheers.

2. Hi, do you prefer to be tanky or to be able to put out more damage?

If you like survivability and self heals, definitely full PVP gear with the PVP weapon (E.g Wrathful Gladiator's Claymore / Wrathful Gladiator's Greatsword) to reduce incoming damage and having larger heals as your skills give back based on % of HP.

If you like burst damage with Hysteria and Dancing Rune Weapon up but have no access to Shadowmourne yet, you can pick up Oathbinder Charge of the Ranger-General as the 2nd best. Other weapons like Cryptmaker and Shadow's Edge also work if you can pick them up right away.

Hope this helps.

3. Hi Icy,

Yeah, I will go with the Self heals for Battlegrounds. On Arena, my friend said to go Unholy.
    Can I just ask why use Sword instead of Axe? Or it doesn't matter?

Thansk for the help

4. i don’t play blood pvp, but i’m gonna guess the most ideal way would be to gear like arms bis because of the arp dependence of blood dk

5. if u just want selfhealing go full pvp gear and Bryntroll (its still good for ur unholy offspec)

6. Hi Icy,

Yeah, I will go with the Self heals for Battlegrounds. On Arena, my friend said to go Unholy.
    Can I just ask why use Sword instead of Axe? Or it doesn't matter?

Thansk for the help
    Happy to help!

If you're in it for the self heals then full PvP gear is the way to go.
    Well, the difference is small - your race gives you a small amount expertise for certain weapons. E.g, Humans get expertise for Maces and Swords.

7. For max self heal get full pvp gear and http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=50356 .
    Once you reached 1414 resil stack stam on your remaining gem slots.

For arena get a setup which is similiar to awarr. 5/5 WF and HC offparts with Arp.

But as you said, UH and Frost are better for arena.

8. Awesome replies.
    Thanks a bunch to all of you who contribute it. I will go for the PVP set as you guys mentioned.

9. if u just want selfhealing go full pvp gear and Bryntroll (its still good for ur unholy offspec)
    But is Bryntroll better than the Wrathful Gladiator's Sunderer ?

10. https://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=50709 is the best wep after Smourne for UH DK.
    Weapon speed is not that important for UH because UH has a high portion of magic dmg.

It's not a easy decision for Blood DK but I think that
    https://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=51389 is better because you deal mostly physical dmg and the slower the weapon the better.
    The WF weapon has also significant more stamina and resilience.
    If you are w/o weapon already over the resilience soft cap of 1414 then I'd use Bryntroll and otherwise the WF wep.

11. But is Bryntroll better than the Wrathful Gladiator's Sunderer ?
    since all you want from blood spec is selfhealing Bryntroll is your best choice, cuz its proc heals you, obv. since weapon damage isnt relevant for selfhealing t2 pvp wep is kinda worthless for your goals

12. since all you want from blood spec is selfhealing Bryntroll is your best choice, cuz its proc heals you, obv. since weapon damage isnt relevant for selfhealing t2 pvp wep is kinda worthless for your goals
    WF wep has the best deffensive stats so I wouldn't call it worthless.
    It has 100 more stam than Bryntroll, which translates into +250 more heal with death strike and on top of that it has 122 additional resilience.
    I'd claim that +100stam and 122 resilience gives you more self sustain than that Bryntroll proc.

13. Hmm but what's relevant is the constant extra health that works with all your %-based heals make them heal a little more always (Rune Tap, Death Strike etc) and reduction in damage taken - I feel its more worth over a proc heal which is also random.

In a way, less damage taken is already healing you don't need to do; prevention is better than a random cure.

14. kekw ye why wouldnt he use pve tank items then for more stamina?

15. kekw ye why wouldnt he use pve tank items then for more stamina?
    Because they don't have resilience and that's even more important than stam for self sustain.
    Instead of resil they have def rating as secondary stat which is useless because it doesn't prevent magic dmg.

And btw, rage of rivendare and ebon plague are increasing the dmg of bryntroll-Proc and so it’s healing.
    As blood DK you don't have this talents so the proc does 23% less dmg and heal than on a UH DK.
    In addition to that bryntroll healing effect doesn't scale with increased healing talents from blood tree. It's healing part is based on the dmg dealed.
    So after all I think it's save to say that Bryntroll is rather suboptimal for Blood spec.

123 Last