1. July 3, 2022  

I've never met so many toxic, elitist players in my life.

Been playing for a week on Icecrown server.

Everyone is so critical of one another. Folks get kicked from dungeons for really nothing. Some people are hateful and critical for no reason, even to new players, and have experienced it myself. People say rude, hateful, mean **** for no reason. It's actually kind of funny when it's in broken English (My favorite: "You f*ck mom dick small" or something like that. Make one comment someone doesn't like and poof, you're out of the dungeon, no matter how harmless. Between happening to me and witnessing it happen to others, it's been about 20+ times in my week of playing. And all of it's been harmless stuff. Or unwarranted stuff.

I've been playing WoW since 2010 and I've never, ever seen this kinda immaturity go on in retail. It seems the community as a whole has a really juvenile, instant gratification, be-the-best-or-be-nothing mindset. I've met quite a few kind folks, but I am sorry to say all the turds completely outshine the nice people I've ran into.

-Got asked today why I'm wearing a fist weapon and a dagger OH, well, I just said I got lucky and IL264 drops and they were better than my IL178 weapons lol, got kicked for that
    -Tank was pulling more mobs than the group could handle, we kept wiping, he said it was bugged, and I asked him not to pull the whole dungeon. Guy went off on a tangent telling me not to criticize him or tell him how to tank
    -I made a comment to a healer in Ahune because the tank wasn't getting healed, I said something like "you kinda need to heal the tank a little more for us to survive"... got booted
    -Seen folks DC for a second and come back in and get booted for "afk"
    -Seen folks just sit and wait to be res'd after a wipe...... he wouldn't leave, no one would res. This has happened multiple times. I personally can't stand lazy folks. I asked if he could just walk his lazy *** in so we could continue and he threw a fit. I got kicked even though everyone refused to res him. WTF?
    -Tons of comments about others' gearscore and mine a few times after starting heroics
    -I have been followed around about groups of 80s while leveling harassing me about my mom and told me to kill myself............. and this was random
    -Instances where I was ganked over and over by Alliance and just had to log and do something else.... much worse than retail. Much, much worse. And it's worse at 80 while doing dailies or finishing up quests for gold.
    -People say awful **** even on the same team in battlegrounds

Edit: I do have a thick skin, by the way, this is simply an observation. It illogical to me that folks simply go out of their way to behave this way.

So uh, what do I do? Well, I can not play the game. However, I just wanted to be a very small voice to voice this concern. I've never seen such childish behavior in my 12 years of WoW.

Flameshield is on, so go right on ahead.
    Edited: July 3, 2022

2. July 3, 2022  
    joined since 2020, played for about a year and leveled characters both factions to 80 on icecrown, met some decent encounters with people, but most of them were just like what u described.
    Got kinda tired of those encounters, and decided to make a character on Lordaeron. less population, slow leveling and stupidly buffed raid bosses, but in term of social encounters i feel much more comfortable here.

im not saying u have to move to lordaeron, u might still have a chance to meet decent people on icecrown, and when u do stick with them and be a good companion.

3. July 3, 2022  
    1. WoW always have been toxic environment. It is just that regiment of GMs were keeping it under control 10 years ago.
    2. Everyone start from nothing, i've leveled 8 lvl 80s on my own and met only 1 brain damaged fetus. Others here had well over several dozens characters. I think you might be not fully honest with us here, to receive such high volume of personal attacks.
    3. RDFs are nothing else but 2EoFs + EoT farms, ppl just want to pass them ASAP. So yeah, getting some weirdo who deviates from classic clear for sake of his "genius" strategy/playstyle cause nothing but annoyance

4. July 3, 2022  
    I personally have never seen most of what you're describing on Icecrown though. Most I've seen is people berating tanks for not being perfect or leaving after not getting an item they wanted and wasting everyone's time. I've never seen comments about low gearscore in heroics but gearscore requirements are inflated for raids.
    And yeah the ganking is really bad.

If you want someone to do dungeons with you can PM me your character's name, I wouldn't mind tanking/healing for you.

5. July 4, 2022  
    Yesterday a rare situation happened to me for the first time.

I was just chilling at Goldshire for several minutes, before I decided to logout. I saw a random warrior, who appeared to be struggling. So I've decided to see, why he is doing bad. What I saw was messy tallents for a PvP warr and I decided to help this player with a constructive critic: What he's missing and what he should have. That sort of thing. So... Surprisingly he took my critic well and then decided to reset his tallents. I went to him and inspected, what he was doing after telling him, where to put tallent points.
    Now here's getting the interesting part: I tell him where to put tallent points only and how much to spend, this random player deliberately put points in something I never mentioned. lul. I asked him "Man. Why did you put a point there?" His response: "xD". Then I added: "If I didn't mention a tallent, you don't put any point in it. Start over." He reset his tallents again, expecting him to ask me again for tallents and tallent points, where to go next, but what I saw is that he made his same old useless build. I decided not to say anything and went on my own merry way. I tried to be helpful, but to no avail. It's not toxicity or elitism, but to me it sounds like: "Just ignore this guy. I do what I want, since I am the best!" More like ignorance mixed with egoism and... Candy in the head to put it as lightly as I could.
    Edit: No one is capable of changing mentality of anyone... Eh...

6. July 4, 2022  

7. July 4, 2022  
    "hurr durr Welcome to the rEaLwUrLd" <---wrong

Welcome to WARMANE!
    This is Warmane, it's not "The real world" and this is not how retail works either. These lowlife scum are allowed to exist on Warmane due to Warmane refusing to do anything about them. Worse off is Warmane encourages this behavior. 80's camping low level zones and 1-shotting low level players? #wUrlDpVp
    3 people sitting in a group afk at last boss of pit of sauron waiting for 2 dps who don't need Tyranical beheader, kicking at least 6 people (and saving their ID) because they might need on the item? Oh it's just group gameplay, not ninja looting, it's fine.
    Ninja looting goes unpunished unless you have evidence from God himself saying they ninja'd, and even that's not enough because you need more screenshots.
    Scamming goes unpunished unless you again have extreme evidence AND it's done enough to get enough notoriety.
    Blatant slander goes unpunished no matter what.
    Abandoning raids constantly and making pugs go 1/12 is a common occurance both on Icecrown and Lordaeron, and it's quiite cancerous. There should be a punishment for raid abandonment. People be like "gtg it's been 5 minutes in the raid so I must leave" even if the raid is going perfectly.

This is by far the best private server for WoW period. Not even wow wotlk, just wow in general. But it's still a private server, and with it has that less-than-retail experience to it. But take your choice, $180/year or free.
    Edited: July 4, 2022

8. July 5, 2022  
    TLDR;
    omg warmaine, give these higher beings their own personal butler GM, believe them without proof and if other players don't do as they want, BAN THOSE CRIMINAL SCUM. Warmane, you need to realize how important is to make gameplay perfect for these few chosen ones, it's so unfair when things don't go as they want. You need to realize, their whole life mom, dad and everyone has done everything exactly like their sweet boy wanted, and now these, basically SATAN himself, are ganking them, don't want to give them loot and doesn't do what they command. It's really hard, unfair and literal toxic hell. Please be understanding.

9. July 5, 2022  
    its funny cause he even admits his own toxicity in the post "Healer, you should heal the tank to keep him alive", and given the wording, that is probably the redacted version of it.

Tldr: OP is probably just as toxic and gets upset when others out-toxic him

10. July 6, 2022  
    idk what you did to them, but i played dungeons with 3 boes and weapon and nobody said anything to me

11. July 6, 2022  
    if you meet an *** hole... you met an *** hole.

if you meet *** holes all day... you are the *** hole.

12. July 6, 2022  
    if you meet an *** hole... you met an *** hole.

if you meet *** holes all day... you are the *** hole.
    PvP MMOs exist to prove that dumb idiom wrong.

13. July 6, 2022  
    on the contrary, they are perfect to prove it valid.

personally, i meet very few *** holes in game, or on forum. in fact, i can only think of one person by name i would describe as such here. and i very much suspect that person encounters *** holes here all day.

14. July 6, 2022  
    Who knows, maybe never seeing any just means someone is meeting a lot of equals.

15. July 6, 2022  
    you are correct. i do meet a lot of equals.

possibly because i dont presume i am better than other people.

12 Last