1. How Do I gear a multibox team for PVE?

Hello all. I am new to multiboxing. Just decided to make a 10 toon team with the goal of eventually farming ICC trash on Icecrown. I was wondering how do I gear my team well enough to do this? Do I just farm enough gold to buy BOEs to get a high enough gearscore? It seems like it would be difficult to raid with other people. Maybe solo raid? I was wondering how multiboxers usually gear their toons. Thank you.

So far since I am only aiming to farm trash my planned team is a warrior tank, shammy healer, druid healer, 2 warlocks, 2 boomkins, a blood dk as dps/emergency tank and 2 fury warriors. Is this a bad comp even to just farm trash? I figure it would be good practice in case I eventually decide to 10man raids. Which would likely be with a prot pally tank, 2 heals and 7 ranged dps.

Edit: After reading replies I've changed my trash farm team to 1 prot pally, 2 resto druids and 7 Unholy DKs :)

What do yall think? How should I go about gearing them? Will my comp idea work for ICC trash?

Also which free multiboxing program would you recommend I use?

Thank you in advance!
    Edited: July 18, 2022

2. Take your team (5 at a time) to Wintergrasp to complete the weekly quests. Every 10k Honor Point can be exchanged for one Cardinal Ruby. Cut it and sell on the auction house. You can also look for mbox friendly daily quests, especially the ones where you only have to park nearby to get credit. Easy 50g x5 a pop. Sell gold on Warmane market place and use the coins to buy BiS gear. Since you intend to raid, running at least the daily RDF may be an option as well for badges. You can extend raid lockout and queue with subpar gear to dodge ICC 5 man or whatever instance you want to stay out of. You can also consider using some PVP pieces. You may need to grind Arena for points if you want to go for the Relentless pieces. Just don't be like that druid who AFKs his team in stealth in WG every battle. We all know who he is.

3. For ICC trash mobs classes with high aoe dmg work the best.
    1 prot pala, 7 UH DK, 2 rdudu should be good setup for that.
    1 DK hybrid tank and 9 ret palys sounds also good. In this case the rets can heal with instant flash heals and DS.

I'd stay away from classes with AoE spells which require to click in an area because that doesn't work so well as mb.
    Also multiboxing warrior is a bad idea due to rage management which requires extra attention.

To gear them up I'd farm FoS and PoS on normal and HC mode.

4. For ICC trash mobs classes with high aoe dmg work the best.
    1 prot pala, 7 UH DK, 2 rdudu should be good setup for that.
    1 DK hybrid tank and 9 ret palys sounds also good. In this case the rets can heal with instant flash heals and DS.

I'd stay away from classes with AoE spells which require to click in an area because that doesn't work so well as mb.
    Also multiboxing warrior is a bad idea due to rage management which requires extra attention.

To gear them up I'd farm FoS and PoS on normal and HC mode.
    Thank you! I decided to change the team to 1 prot pally, 2 resto druid and 7 Unholy DKs. I imagine that will make it alot easier to manage everything. Plus I'm excited to see what happens with 7 DKs spreading diseases and popping 7 Army of the Dead. Plus having all DPS in plate gear should be helpful.

Also I need to research what drops in ICC trash farms. Battered Hilt sells for 14-15k but drops in (at least) FOS and POS. So it looks like I'll be able to get gear and gold from spamming FOS and POS :)

5. Take your team (5 at a time) to Wintergrasp to complete the weekly quests. Every 10k Honor Point can be exchanged for one Cardinal Ruby. Cut it and sell on the auction house. You can also look for mbox friendly daily quests, especially the ones where you only have to park nearby to get credit. Easy 50g x5 a pop. Sell gold on Warmane market place and use the coins to buy BiS gear. Since you intend to raid, running at least the daily RDF may be an option as well for badges. You can extend raid lockout and queue with subpar gear to dodge ICC 5 man or whatever instance you want to stay out of. You can also consider using some PVP pieces. You may need to grind Arena for points if you want to go for the Relentless pieces. Just don't be like that druid who AFKs his team in stealth in WG every battle. We all know who he is.
    I'm guessing you gave me ideas to make gold while boxing. But things like farming knothide leather and mining+farming EEs in Badlands can make 1000g/hr. I have a few 80s on Icecrown from last summer I'm using on these farms. Once my box toons are leveled I'm going to try for 10 resets/hr on Oculus leather farm and see how much gold that makes. I'm thinking at least 2k/hr. I hear ICC trash farm can be 5-6k/hr.

I'll have to look into badge gear and RDF. Those sound like nice ideas. And I'll have to look at the Warmane market. I also see some 245-264 gear pieces on AH for 1k gold or less.

I hate BG AFKers too.

6. Battered Hilt sells for 14-15k but drops in (at least) FOS and POS. So it looks like I'll be able to get gear and gold from spamming FOS and POS :)
    That's interesting. The Battered Hilt only drops in heroic mode, and the drop rate is very low. I've done a lot of RHC across many toons and have only seen a handle of drops from the countless heroic ICC 5 man clears. Maybe it is just my luck. I'd be curious to know the gold rate for heroic FOS and POS trash farms. I know for Oculus you can have one toon save the instance prior to last boss kill, extend raid lock daily, so the other toons can enter just for last boss and loot the gem bag daily.

7. That's interesting. The Battered Hilt only drops in heroic mode, and the drop rate is very low. I've done a lot of RHC across many toons and have only seen a handle of drops from the countless heroic ICC 5 man clears. Maybe it is just my luck. I'd be curious to know the gold rate for heroic FOS and POS trash farms. I know for Oculus you can have one toon save the instance prior to last boss kill, extend raid lock daily, so the other toons can enter just for last boss and loot the gem bag daily.
    I didn't realize it only dropped in Heroic or its drop rate is so low. Still I imagine I'll make some amount of profit running FOS and POS for gear :)

I do have another question. Should all 7 of my DKs be the same race? Was thinking having them different races may cause them to separate more than is ideal? I figure it's better to ask now since I only have 1 of 7 accounts to level 55 so far :)

8. No need for different races.
    The best race for DK is orc.
    Keep in mind that the DK setup would be exceptional for ICC trash mob farming. If you wanna raid ICC one day then there are better combs for that.

I think that it might be good to switch one of the two Rdruides for a Hpala. Then the Hpala can heal the tank while the rdruide heals the raid and you would have a second paly buff.

I'm not sure how good UH DK with Blood subspec performs compared to frost subspec. It might be worth to put 18 points in blood for imp rune tap + glyph of rune tap so you have a raid wide emergency heal.

9. No need for different races.
    The best race for DK is orc.
    Keep in mind that the DK setup would be exceptional for ICC trash mob farming. If you wanna raid ICC one day then there are better combs for that.

I think that it might be good to switch one of the two Rdruides for a Hpala. Then the Hpala can heal the tank while the rdruide heals the raid and you would have a second paly buff.

I'm not sure how good UH DK with Blood subspec performs compared to frost subspec. It might be worth to put 18 points in blood for imp rune tap + glyph of rune tap so you have a raid wide emergency heal.
    What would be a good comp/comps to raid ICC? I'll try out the imp rune tap spec and see how it goes :)

10. What would be a good comp/comps to raid ICC?
    I'd stick to range DPS for raiding because they are easier to handle than melee DPS.
    I have heard that spriest perform good because they have a easy rotation, deal good dmg and have a nice party wide heal with https://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/spell=15286. Also they can use shields and holy nova as emergency heal to support the raid healer on heavy aoe dmg spikes.
    As tank healer I'd definitely use holy paly since he can heal both tanks simultaniously with https://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/spell=53563.
    As raid healer I'd pick rshami because of bl and spamming chain heal is simple and effective.
    As MT bear and as OT paly. Druide has the advantage that he can be boomkin OS when only one Tank is required.
    Might also add a demo lock because his buffs are too good to skip for casters.
    Bear, Ppala, rsham, hpala, demo lock and 5 Spriest sounds like a good comb to me. All their rotations aren't proc based and thus can be easily executed via castsequence macros. Plus they cover all the important raid buffs.
    Edited: July 24, 2022

11. Remember Warmane only allow for 5man multi, not 10man anymore (:

12. Remember Warmane only allow for 5man multi, not 10man anymore (:
    The limit only counts outside of instances. Your are still allowed to multibox up to 40 chars inside a instance.

13. I used to multibox icc10, the composition i recommand to do it is :
    1 Palatank - 1 Rsham - perfect combo to solotank and soloheal almost every boss
    1 BalanceDruid with Tank offspec - for boss you want 2 tank (i.e. Saurfang)
    1 Warlock - for the buff / debuff
    6 shadowpriest - 3 vempiric embrace in each group will replace a raidhealer

All theses class/spec are relatively easy to macro, without spells that's require mouse broadcasting
    Shadowpriests got a strong passive grouphealing, even stronger selfhealing, and the dispersion, allowing you to stand in some aoe / survive certains mechanics
    That will trivialise the healing part, the Rsham can do the rest by healing/chainhealing the tank(s) or himself...

I used to repace 1 of my priest by a real player (Hpal) to do Valithria Dreamwalker and The Lich King, I was still able to do all other boss (and some HC) with thats10box comp.
    The help of a good player (esp a Hpal) will help a lot to progress, esp to do some HC...

The 6 first are doable with the BOE + FoS / PoS + triumph gear. Then there is a gap to the nexts, that you will have to farm to gear up to pass PP / BPC etc.
    At the end, most of the fights will be a matter of positioning and DPS
    Edited: March 2, 2023

14. How do you handle eclipse with the boomkin? Do you just spam wrath or also starfire? Seems to me like the boomkin rota requires too much attention but on the other hand it's the only range DPS that can also be tank...

12 Last