1. Ways to make gold?

What is a good way to farm gold?

I always see people selling things for like 15--20k and i just have no idea how to get that gold amount of gold. Max i got until now is 12k and that's because i don't spend it on almost anything. I always buy the cheap enchants like 8 all stats, 38 ap and etc.

I already tried mining and there's just too much competition, couldn't even make 200g p/hour some times.
    Already tried skinning, but wasn't making much either, not having luck with drops.
    Already did quests, but it's just such a small amount of gold for such a huge effort, so i don't think it was productive.

2. Even with the saturation of farming on the server I can still make easily 1k/hr if not more. I have a druid w/ Epic flying. He's got Herbalism and Mining and I've made a macro that can swap between both node types that I swap between every 10-15 sec.

Typically I gather more herbs and make more on herbs than mining each time I farm. Also having a crafting skill like leather, tailor, etc will be good too since you can make those expensive items and sell them. My buddy has inscriptions and it took him about a week to get a Darkmoon card of greatness and sold it for 23k Gold.

Also, done crafting skills at high level so have a good margin when just buying mats, crafting and selling. You would just have to do some research. For me, this method is preferred because then you aren't flying around for hours to make a few thousand Gold, you just buy mats for a few items and do the 10 sec crafting cast and post it.

3. Even with the saturation of farming on the server I can still make easily 1k/hr if not more. I have a druid w/ Epic flying. He's got Herbalism and Mining and I've made a macro that can swap between both node types that I swap between every 10-15 sec.

Typically I gather more herbs and make more on herbs than mining each time I farm. Also having a crafting skill like leather, tailor, etc will be good too since you can make those expensive items and sell them. My buddy has inscriptions and it took him about a week to get a Darkmoon card of greatness and sold it for 23k Gold.

Also, done crafting skills at high level so have a good margin when just buying mats, crafting and selling. You would just have to do some research. For me, this method is preferred because then you aren't flying around for hours to make a few thousand Gold, you just buy mats for a few items and do the 10 sec crafting cast and post it.
    I guess i'll try the herb/mining thing to get some capital and switch to crafting later.

4. Questing for gold in Northrend is a good way to earn gold for little effort. Start in Grizzly Hills and work your way up (Zuldrak, Sholazar, Storm Peaks, Icecrown). Don't quest in Borean Tundra, Dragonblight or Howling Fyord - its not worth it unless you're doing Kaluak reputation since you can't earn that any other way except quests.

To make questing for gold even better level up Tailoring and Enchanting. With 325 Tailoring you get Northern Cloth Scavanging which lets you collect frostweave cloth in much larger amounts and with 350 Enchanting you can disenchant all greens and blues (need 375 for epics but you won't find those while questing). Plenty of quests involves fighting humanoids that drop both cloth and greens which you can make use of, and quests give greens as rewards to disenchant too.

That's my go-to method for earning gold. This setup is good for pretty much any class if your only goal is PVE, except tanks. For tanks you'll want to eventually drop Tailoring for Jewelcrafting so you can craft the fantastic starting tank trinkets (Monarch Crab & Ruby Hare).
    Edited: July 18, 2022