1. I am new to pvp and have a bunch of questions

Hi, I am going for arms gnome warrior on Lordaeron and when I get enough gold, I'll learn protection as a dual spec.
    Currently at lvl 45 and I see some potential fun from world pvp and battlegrounds.
    So my questions are:
    1.Is pvp mainly about gear, skill or classes? Will pvp be more skill based once I reach max lvl? Rn people with heirlooms seem to have more chances against me
    2.Should I even consider pvp in this game seriously? It feels like it has some flaws, although it is probably true for every pvp game. How big are these flaws?

2. That depends on what type of PVP you are after. There is arena, battlegrounds, world PVP, and dueling. Most people min/max and go with Human for the racial ability if playing arms warrior on Alliance side. The highest, but not always most apparent display of skill in PVP, is in choosing of the right spec (that suits your goals and playstyle) and know what fights you can and cannot win. The imbalance of PVP in WotLK is pretty well known, but personally I take it as its strength, not its weakness. If one focuses on any particular aspects of PVP such as 2's, dueling.. etc, one will always find quite a bit of imbalance. But when considering the wide array of PVP activities as a whole, there's enough diversity built in for people of varying skills and playstyles to find comfortable roles to fill.

3. You definitely need gear/resilience as warrior or you'll die and get cut up like butter in no time. Warriors and DKs take most of the damage and you need to be a good sponge. If you play ranged dps or heal its not so bad as you can hide behind your melee
    Edited: July 20, 2022

4. The fun unfortunately ends with 80 when you come to same BGs as players from Blackrock who get instant 80 and full pvp set, while you have first to farm your set.

5. 1.Is pvp mainly about gear, skill or classes? Will pvp be more skill based once I reach max lvl? Rn people with heirlooms seem to have more chances against me
    All 3 more or less, but some classes and specs are more gear dependent than others. At level 80 you will find many players with the best gear that you won't able to beat (1v1), until you'll have an at least reasonable gear yourself. In my opinion, unless you are very skilled, a big gear disparity cannot be overcome with skill.

2.Should I even consider pvp in this game seriously? It feels like it has some flaws, although it is probably true for every pvp game. How big are these flaws?
    It takes time some time to learn how to pvp and also to get some basic gear. Even then you'll face players with the bis gear from hc raids or better organized (e.g. premades). Whether this is challenging or frustrating you decide. Personally I think some classes are fun in BG even with not so great gear (e.g. 5500) while others not so much. I suggest trying some pvp (BG) on Blackrock server (instant 80) to get an idea.
    Edited: July 22, 2022

6. The fun unfortunately ends with 80 when you come to same BGs as players from Blackrock who get instant 80 and full pvp set, while you have first to farm your set.
    oh, PvP and BGs are cross server queue? I didn't know that. I thought the BGs were all localised per each server.

7. 1. All three. Warrior is a very strong class if you know how to play, have a good gear and a pocket healer nearby.
    Just be aware, warrior is the most dependent on PvE gear. This class is pretty much useless without trinkets, armor penetration items and a good weapon. You’ll have to raid A LOT.

2. Many people don’t see PvP as a serious aspect of this game, and I cannot blame them. It takes a lot of time and dedication to get good in PvP (unless you’re a DK). It will require strong nerves. And it might not be much fun at the beginning due to gear difference between you and old players.
    In my opinion, living opponents are much more interesting than NPCs. I like looking at what my opponent does, what cooldowns he uses, what decisions he takes, what mistakes he does. Staring at Recount/Skada charts and performing DBM instructions like a robot isn’t engaging for me at all.