1. Good dungeon/raid farms for 5box?

Hello. I've decided to level a resto druid and 3 spriests to go with my prot pally to farm. This will be half of the team I eventually want to 10man raid with. For now they will be my gold farm team. I'm thinking of starting with the Oculus leather farm. But are there better farms? Is it possible to 5man Naxx or Ulduar trash?

If you've read my other thread, yes I am planning on 10man farming ICC trash with a team that includes 7 UH DKs. But I think that will both take alot of work to gear them and alot of gold. I only have 20k gold right now and my best geared toon is my prot pally at about 3100 gearscore. So I'd like to kill two birds with one stone by leveling half of my eventual raid team and using them on easier than ICC trash farms.

I'm on Icecrown so I don't have any interest in open world farming. Lol. Also do you think a prot pally, resto druid and 3 spriests would make a good farm team? I don't have any experience boxing but I think it would be strong with the spriest heals and not having to click target aoe spells.

2. Mb makes good gold by doing quests. 5x quest rewards. sons of hodir, storm peaks, icecrown quests chains etc. dungeons lvl 80s ? meh.
    making a team with 10 death knigths to lvl 80 is faster and will makes more gold than gearing 5 toon separately. by then you have can farm icc trash probably easily.
    also gearing them, you can do so without gold with pvp gear/vote point gear. (1k achv min )

3. I don't think it's worth the effort to make a DK team just for icc trash farming.
    Spriests deal also nice aoe dmg with mind sear and when you use them for raiding then they'll outgear the DKs anyway. So I'd just use the priest for tradh mob farming.

4. It feels like a ranged team would be better for ICC thrash than a melee team.
    I can kill the ICC thrash on Lordaeron (not sure if thrash mobs are buffed or only bosses, although I think Icecrown gets the ICC buff) with a team of 1 dk + 4 ret paladins, so 5 characters clearing 10 man thrash in PVP gear. Not the fastest but the thrash is not hard and the hardest part is that the ghouls explode so every melee unit takes a lot of damage so less healing needed with a ranged team. I think each ghoul explode for around half health and I think there are 21 ghouls to kill before resetting so that is a lot of damage to melee units.

I am not trying to get gold but I have a fair bit, I have 20k gold on Lordaeron on my characters and in guild bank I have 2 battered hilts (worth 15k gold each) and some icc thrash items (farmed exalted rep so have items worth 20-30k that I haven't bothered selling) and gems worth ~130k gold that I cba to sell (wg gives decent gold and it is not boring to do like farming for hours).

So another option is to just try to enjoy the game and let the gold come to you, unless you need millions of gold.

5. dude, no one said to do 10 dks to farm trash icc. 10 dks is to farm hks.

6. I don't think it's worth the effort to make a DK team just for icc trash farming.
    Spriests deal also nice aoe dmg with mind sear and when you use them for raiding then they'll outgear the DKs anyway. So I'd just use the priest for tradh mob farming.
    Thank you. I pretty much have given up the idea of making a bunch of DKs to farm. I'm thinking of trying a prot pally with 4 spriests. Unless a dedicated healz is absolutely necessary.

7. It feels like a ranged team would be better for ICC thrash than a melee team.
    I can kill the ICC thrash on Lordaeron (not sure if thrash mobs are buffed or only bosses, although I think Icecrown gets the ICC buff) with a team of 1 dk + 4 ret paladins, so 5 characters clearing 10 man thrash in PVP gear. Not the fastest but the thrash is not hard and the hardest part is that the ghouls explode so every melee unit takes a lot of damage so less healing needed with a ranged team. I think each ghoul explode for around half health and I think there are 21 ghouls to kill before resetting so that is a lot of damage to melee units.

I am not trying to get gold but I have a fair bit, I have 20k gold on Lordaeron on my characters and in guild bank I have 2 battered hilts (worth 15k gold each) and some icc thrash items (farmed exalted rep so have items worth 20-30k that I haven't bothered selling) and gems worth ~130k gold that I cba to sell (wg gives decent gold and it is not boring to do like farming for hours).

So another option is to just try to enjoy the game and let the gold come to you, unless you need millions of gold.
    You're farming ICC trash with pvp gear? What pvp gear would I need for my spriests to farm ICC trash? Seems alot easier to mindlessly spam BGs for gear than to raid and hope my pieces drop. I'm thinking of going with a prot pally and 4 spriests unless a dedicated healer is absolutely necessary.

Mostly I'd like to have gold to buy better gear for my toons.

8. I have 5.9k gearscore in my pvp gear but I can do it with lower. Relentless set pieces (saves almost 200k honor compared to buying furious, for doing a few arenas every week and also the items are better but takes some times with the limited amount of arena points), icc ring, wrathful ring, neck, cloak, bracers, relentless belt and boots are all easy high ilvl items. PVP items are pretty bad in PVE but the crit immunity and health is ok and damage works even though PVE gear gets way better damage.

If you want to farm thrash for gold, then you ofcourse want 10 characters for faster speed and PVE gear would also improve speed but take a lot of time to get. (I basically just said I can do it with 5 so it is not hard, not that 5 is efficient)

I don't think tank + 4 shadow priest have enough tank healing to survive but I am not sure, also depends on the gear of the characters, although I have not played that group but I just can't see it being possible unless you are outside of shadowform but then it is probably better to have 1 dedicated to healing.

I have barely done bgs, I basically only did 1 av and 1 ioc, won both but I am weak in big fights and limited effectiveness on doing objectives so not the best. In WG I get 15-20k (forgot how much it is) honor from most battles (so maybe able to buy 7.5-10 gems from 1 battle with each being worth 80-100g each so that should be 600-1000g on Lordaeron) because horde is usually dominating on Lordaeron, often no damage to keep and towers alive and all workshops capped for a maximum finish bonus. Although some battles is much lower honor and I think on Icecrown the teams are much more even so can probably not get that amount of honor. But this amount of gold for a fun activity is great.

When I farmed gold to trade for coins for my weapons on my icecrown team I did dailies, I think I got 1 weapon every 3 days or something like that, not 100% sure and I might have done dailies on 2 teams, it was several years ago but I am pretty sure it was 1 weapon every 3 days. (this is best done right after gold squish since gold is worth more then)

9. You're farming ICC trash with pvp gear? What pvp gear would I need for my spriests to farm ICC trash? Seems alot easier to mindlessly spam BGs for gear than to raid and hope my pieces drop. I'm thinking of going with a prot pally and 4 spriests unless a dedicated healer is absolutely necessary.
    If you want to grind pvp gear for pve purpose it's time/effort vice only worth to do 10 arena games per week and to do the WG quests each week.
    Doing BGs is quite time intense and not worth it if you wanna use the gear just for PvE. Then it's better to farm rdf and rdf hc for emblems. Also PoS, FoS and HoR give you a pretty good starter gear for PvE which I believe might already be good enough to farm ICC trash with it.

Idk how your final 10 man team will look like but it makes sense to play both 5 man partys with 1tank 3 dps and 1 healer. Since your raiding team should consist of 2 tank, 6 DPS and 2 healer they should also function quite well as 5 man partys.

10. I have 5.9k gearscore in my pvp gear but I can do it with lower. Relentless set pieces (saves almost 200k honor compared to buying furious, for doing a few arenas every week and also the items are better but takes some times with the limited amount of arena points), icc ring, wrathful ring, neck, cloak, bracers, relentless belt and boots are all easy high ilvl items. PVP items are pretty bad in PVE but the crit immunity and health is ok and damage works even though PVE gear gets way better damage.

If you want to farm thrash for gold, then you ofcourse want 10 characters for faster speed and PVE gear would also improve speed but take a lot of time to get. (I basically just said I can do it with 5 so it is not hard, not that 5 is efficient)

I don't think tank + 4 shadow priest have enough tank healing to survive but I am not sure, also depends on the gear of the characters, although I have not played that group but I just can't see it being possible unless you are outside of shadowform but then it is probably better to have 1 dedicated to healing.

I have barely done bgs, I basically only did 1 av and 1 ioc, won both but I am weak in big fights and limited effectiveness on doing objectives so not the best. In WG I get 15-20k (forgot how much it is) honor from most battles (so maybe able to buy 7.5-10 gems from 1 battle with each being worth 80-100g each so that should be 600-1000g on Lordaeron) because horde is usually dominating on Lordaeron, often no damage to keep and towers alive and all workshops capped for a maximum finish bonus. Although some battles is much lower honor and I think on Icecrown the teams are much more even so can probably not get that amount of honor. But this amount of gold for a fun activity is great.

When I farmed gold to trade for coins for my weapons on my icecrown team I did dailies, I think I got 1 weapon every 3 days or something like that, not 100% sure and I might have done dailies on 2 teams, it was several years ago but I am pretty sure it was 1 weapon every 3 days. (this is best done right after gold squish since gold is worth more then)
    Thank you. Not exactly sure what my 10man team will look like.

1 prot pally tank, what would be another good tank to use? DK? 2nd prot pally? Healers would be resto druid for raid and Holy Pally for tank. Then I suppose 6 spriests for dps :)

I had no idea dailies made that much gold. I'll have to do them :) When is the gold squish? I'll have to figure out how to trade gold for coins. I see alot of nice gear on the Warmane store for only 23 coins. Except Shadowmourne is 150 coins!

11. If you want to grind pvp gear for pve purpose it's time/effort vice only worth to do 10 arena games per week and to do the WG quests each week.
    Doing BGs is quite time intense and not worth it if you wanna use the gear just for PvE. Then it's better to farm rdf and rdf hc for emblems. Also PoS, FoS and HoR give you a pretty good starter gear for PvE which I believe might already be good enough to farm ICC trash with it.

Idk how your final 10 man team will look like but it makes sense to play both 5 man partys with 1tank 3 dps and 1 healer. Since your raiding team should consist of 2 tank, 6 DPS and 2 healer they should also function quite well as 5 man partys.
    Then it looks like I will use my 2 5man teams to farm RDF and Heroic RDF and FOS+POS+HOR :)

What do you think of 6 spriest dps, prot pally tank, what would be a good 2nd tank? Plus Holy Pally and resto druid heals?

Besides ICC trash I'm thinking of starting out doing Oculus leather farm. Plus it's been suggested to me that Magisters Terrace is a good raw gold farm and to do old TBC raids for high end patterns for twink gear and enchants.

I'm not sure ICC trash will always be worth doing. Depends on what drops along with the BOEs I suppose. I looked them up the other day and on Icecrown 3-4 of the BOEs only sell for like 100g. And Wodens Lucky Necklace was going for 10k but I just saw a bunch for only 1200g last night.

12. What do you think of 6 spriest dps, prot pally tank, what would be a good 2nd tank? Plus Holy Pally and resto druid heals?
    I'd spec the druide feral and use it as second Tank and add a resto shami as raid healer instead because you need BL.
    Also I'd replace 1 spriest with a demo lock so you get +13% magic dmg and demonic pact.
    As I said in the other thread I think that bear, Ppala, rsham, hpala, demo lock and 5 Spriest is a good setup.