1. You can buy 245 and 264 pieces with emblems. But you should be spending your frosties on your main set (251).

The highest ilvl from dungeons is 232 (frozen halls heroics). The next step is toc.

2. You can buy 245 and 264 pieces with emblems. But you should be spending your frosties on your main set (251).

The highest ilvl from dungeons is 232 (frozen halls heroics). The next step is toc.
    well i mean, i spend it on 264 when i save up enough Frost emblems, the higher the GS, the better, since everyone on this server is a GS elitist who demands a massively inflated GS just for basic raids. So no, i wont be able to spend them on the 251 set.

3. 4 set spriest tier bonus is much better than 4x 264 items. It will also make your rotatio smoother when you dont have to use mind blast anymore.

4. You can buy 245 and 264 pieces with emblems. But you should be spending your frosties on your main set (251).

That logic may profit in short term but even though pugs are pugs, you ll end up raiding with ****tiest ones. t10 is a must.

5. well i mean, i spend it on 264 when i save up enough Frost emblems, the higher the GS, the better, since everyone on this server is a GS elitist who demands a massively inflated GS just for basic raids. So no, i wont be able to spend them on the 251 set.
    even tho they ask for high GS, most will probably kick you if you dont have set bonus, while i agree that asking 6.1 gs for 4/12 HC and 8/12 HC os way too much, minimum 5.5k gs is enough, they cant risk bringing low geared pugs because most of them wont be properly gemmed, enchanted, they will wear any gear just to raise GS which means much lower dps, they will have wrong talents etc. But sadly on Warmane 5k gs pugs and 6k+ gs pugs are equally bad players

6. yea that all makes sense. Either way it's quite hard to catch up with a bunch of guys who have played for years and are at 5.7k GS or higher. TOC and VOA are generally very easy to get into, as well as the weekly raid quest, so that's nice at least.

7. Hey, OP. After reading your thread, I'd like to say a few things:

Don't value gear/GS over game knowledge. Gear is nothing more than a secondary tool to achieve your goals - being able to clear the pve content and/or to participate in pvp events. However, the most important thing remains knowledge of your class and spec, knowledge of tactics in raids, skill i.e. being able to execute the right plays when needed, and team coordination but more about that later. Gear cannot grant you that - it is something you need to acquire on your own, and you can do it as soon as you reach lvl 80 when you have full access to your class and spec abilities. Now, this might sound obvious, but it needs to be pointed out that it's not uncommon to see players with good gear/inflated GS doing less damage than others.

I'd like to give you a quick example. A few months ago, I participated in an icc semi-grun raid on Lordearon, and we were fighting Festergut. There was a 5.8k-ish warlock that apparently did 5k dps there. Just to visualise how absurd this is, I'll compare it to the performance of the warlock players in my Frostmourne guild back in Naxxramas. They were able to pull 6k+ damage on non-Patchwerk bosses, and my GM even did 9k+ on Patchwerk with Power Infusion and BL. So, just to put it into perspective - an ICC-geared player did less damage than someone with Naxx gear. As you can see, gear is just the outward layer of a character, but the real power comes from the player that controls it.

What I'm trying to explain here is that you should shape your mindset around class/spec/raid knowledge and think less about how you should boost your GS. If you want to acquire a lot of gear, you should learn the tactics in ICC and RS and join a leveling/gearing guild to develop further as a raider. You won't help the others by having a high GS, but by doing your tasks correctly (i.e. cross-firing the beasts on DBS) and contributing to the dps. Only this way can you really progress further into ICC and RS and earn frosties and loot. Take it from me - I was able to clear RS 10 with 5k gs on both Frostmourne (s1) and Lordearon (this year). I even did RS 25 with 5.2k gs and managed to outdps other people with higher GS. I'm not saying this to brag, but to show you that the ACTUAL gear requirements are SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER than what you see in /global. Raids are cleared with proper understanding of tactics and team coordination, and if those are not present then no amount of gear would be able to help you, and it doesn't matter in what realm, faction, private server, or even official Blizzard server you're playing.

No, pug raids won't invite lowbies as other people said, and that shouldn't worry you. I started playing on warmane more seriously back in late 2019. At start, I did a lot of pug raids, and I didn't go far. ICC 25 very often ended at PP - either people lost interest in the raid after Fester and Rot, or we wiped a few times on PP and people ragequit, or we killed PP and then people left. The self-progression was stale, and then I decided to join guilds. At that moment, my raiding experience actually became enjoyable, and I was able to see more bosses, to get first-hand experience there, and I even started doing HCs. I also met players, who were knowledgeable of the spec I was playing and gave me some helpful tips on how to improve.

So, here are my tips:
    - When you're not doing easy raids like VoA, TOC, and weekly, go to the nearest target dummies and improve your gameplay. Pay attention to your plays and see if you do any mistakes, which you can improve.
    - Read guides. It's unfortunate that you might stumble upon misinformation (I'm looking at you, gnarly guides), but the more literature you read, the deeper understanding you'll have of your spec.
    - Inform yourself about the tactics in ICC and RS and watch videos. As I've said, the best way to help your fellow raid members is by actually knowing what you're supposed to do in a boss fight so that you contribute to the group and avoid unnecessary deaths.
    - Join a newbie-friendly guild and raid with it consistently. If you see other shadow priests doing more damage, ask them for tips.
    Edited: September 2, 2022

8. Yeah, this is very common:
    Plan:
    1. Reach higher GS
    2. *somehow magically will know my spec/bosses*
    3. Will join endgame guild and it will be great.

Reality:
    1. I must reach higher GS to be able to raid!
    2. Reaches higher GS.
    3. Still does bad, no one wants him.
    4. Pugs for years, has no clue.
    5. Everyone is so toxic omg.

What to do:
    Plan:
    1. Learn everything about my spec.
    2. Learn raids/bosses, mechanics, tactics, your role.
    3. Join appropriate guild and progress.

Reality:
    1. Spends hours reading and thinking.
    2. Spends hours to build the best "entry" gear setup with proper stats and caps.
    3. Spends hours learning bosses.
    4. Joins guild with his 4.8k GS and blues, after 4 weeks is running around with 6k GS+ with even some BiS pieces equipped.
    5. Enjoys his raiding time with buddies.

9. I just found out that you can buy 264 ilvl Neck, Back, and Rings from a PvP vendor in Orgrimmar at the Hall of Legends. Wow, that is great cause i was about to buy a back piece with 50 frost emblems. Sure glad i just found this out

in case any new players are reading this, the best way to get Honor Points is to do the Wintergrasp PvP 30 minute match every 3 hours. You can queue for it from the guy in Dalaran or just go directly to the zone and it will ask if you want to queue.
    Edited: September 9, 2022

10. I just found out that you can buy 264 ilvl Neck, Back, and Rings from a PvP vendor in Orgrimmar at the Hall of Legends. Wow, that is great cause i was about to buy a back piece with 50 frost emblems. Sure glad i just found this out

in case any new players are reading this, the best way to get Honor Points is to do the Wintergrasp PvP 30 minute match every 3 hours. You can queue for it from the guy in Dalaran or just go directly to the zone and it will ask if you want to queue.
    And get kicked from raid the moment anyone looks up your gear, yeah.
    Despite high ilvl, pvp pieces are somewhat TWO Tiers worse than dedicated PvE counterparts. Not to mention that EoF cloaks are very good things to acquire after initial T10, often they are pre-BiS for majority of classes.
    Gold is universal answer to gearing up, you can get decent ring from Dalaran or AH, buy spot in raid directly paying RL for each boss or even whole boost.
    Not to mention that player in full T9(245) with all gems and chants will be better than typical lvl 80 newbie who rushes for ilvl/GS alone and results in gear being scraps of everything with garbage stats

11. I just found out that you can buy 264 ilvl Neck, Back, and Rings from a PvP vendor in Orgrimmar at the Hall of Legends. Wow, that is great cause i was about to buy a back piece with 50 frost emblems. Sure glad i just found this out

Mate, take this as a friendly advice. Don't follow the path of overvalue-ing GS over game knowledge (e.g. your class, spec, your role in a raid, mechanics in said raid instance etc), otherwise you'd set yourself for disappointment. The posters in the first page wanted to help you acquire your starting gear, so that you can have some ground to work with - and they did an amazing job - but now that you have it, you should really concentrate on learning the game and joining a starter guild.

Persivaln and angrylol warned you what's going to happen if you have items with **** stats like resilience for pve as DPS and just an inflated GS in raids, and they are absolutely correct. I even want to compliment angrylol for not only creating a reader-friendly post, explaining how one can achieve great experience in the game, but also mocking the players, who see nothing but disorganised pug raids with "high GS" mentality, who never try to improve themselves and look for alternatives, and just rant about the whole server and the community on the forums.
    [edit] Here's another advice. You can share your armoury here so that people with experience can give you feedback on your current gems, enchants, talents etc.
    Edited: September 9, 2022 Reason: adding a few phrases here and there so that I express my thoughts better

12. those 251 PvE pieces can only be bought with frost emblems, right? It will take literally at least 6 months to farm enough Frosts to buy them all. In the meantime, I'm just doing whatever I can. Also i did join a starter guild and they have a weekly ICC run, so they said I can join that. I need to get some better weapons, right now have two 232 weapons but will need much higher. I think the majority of GS comes from weapons

13. 14 from daily RDF
    5 from weekly "Must Die!" quest
    25 icc10 +5 from quest inside
    25 icc25 +5 from quest inside
    2 voa10
    2 voa25
    5 RS10
    5 RS25
    ------
    93 EoF total each week
    I could add seasonal events like Brewfest in that list as well, but angrylol summed the general principle well. [dunno if warmane's Christmas or winter custom event this year would offer EoFs; I think they changed that last time, but I could be wrong]

Anyway, congratulations that you got accepted in a guild and their icc raids. Again, forget the amount of GS. Read tactics and watch videos from the PoV of a Shadow Priest and see what players are doing there.

[edit] I forgot to mention sth. In case you're still wearing pvp items, replace them with pve ones with more OFFENSIVE stats. Stamina and resilience are worthless in a pve setting as a dps.
    Edited: September 10, 2022

14. got into my first ICC group today from chat, and the 25 man party went thru like 6 or 7 bosses and then ended. I got a 277 ring i rolled on, so that was nice, also a ton of Emblem of Frost. At the entrance of ICC, i found the vendor which sells the 251 gear. Okay, so i'll focus then on getting my Chest and Legs, the 251 ones, and then from there on, will slowly get the other pieces. I won't mess with the PvP 264 gear anymore.

Also I really need to get some 251, 264, or 277, 284 ilvl weapons. I'm looking for 2 two-handed axes or swords, so which raid would be best for that?

15. Get an addon "AtlasLoot", you can look up every dungeon/raid boss drop item.

First 123 Last